Front License Plate Bracket Delete - Does it work?

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
BTW, I heard this recently from Ron Heiser:
"due to some Forum commentary and feed back from some of our California dealers starting with first week of April production we are now sending the front license plate bracket not attached to the vehicle and with no pre-drilled holes in the bumper cover. "
I wish they saw the Forum commentary a few months ago. Oh, well, it is what it is and am glad future owners will have a choice.
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I might give this a go since the bumper plugs website does not have Infinite Blue yet.... Plus, of course the MME has 3 holes and the plugs are sold in pairs.

Question is what size and type to get? The video is for a BMW, the size hole from the factory rivets are larger.

I got two from bumper plugs but I am stuck on spending another 30 for one piece of plastic. I got touchup paint already.

Luda07

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E and Explorer Sport
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Space White bumper plugs from Bumper Plugs!

Question is what size and type to get? The video is for a BMW, the size hole from the factory rivets are larger.

I got two from bumper plugs but I am stuck on spending another 30 for one piece of plastic. I got touchup paint already.
I agonized over that too but then figured it’s at least $1k to fix/repaint the bumper, and if a dude was holding my $50K+ car hostage with a drill to my bumper, I would gladly give him $60 to go away...assuming I couldn’t win a fight. (I also hadn’t seen that video...looks like that will work great for cheaper)

Also, slight chance you break one plug on install so you at least have a backup, or someone on here would probably buy a single!

I didn’t see an option to change size, just selected my car (or maybe just Ford) and color and they fit.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front License Plate Bracket Delete - Does it work? DE6B6A0E-6A81-4ECD-834E-4A9F14D03F57

Last edited:

Grux40

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD Ext. Range - Infinite Blue
Occupation
CTO
Country flag

I was going to hold off and show the final product but these are the plugs I ordered along with touch up paint:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...g-Hole-Plug-2-Piece-per-Pack-808058/204273777

I removed my plate bracket to check to be sure the size is good and these will pop in and hold/lock perfectly.

I ordered 3 packs to have extras in case I do a crappy job on the paint. Its such a small surface area, that shouldn't be an issue. I will post photos when I'm done, good or bad.

Grux40

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
Space White bumper plugs from Bumper Plugs!

I agonized over that too but then figured it’s at least $1k to fix/repaint the bumper, and if a dude was holding my $50K+ car hostage with a drill to my bumper, I would gladly give him $60 to go away...assuming I couldn’t win a fight. (I also hadn’t seen that video...looks like that will work great for cheaper)

Also, slight chance you break one plug on install so you at least have a backup, or someone on here would probably buy a single!

I didn’t see an option to change size, just selected my car (or maybe just Ford) and color and they fit.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front License Plate Bracket Delete - Does it work? DE6B6A0E-6A81-4ECD-834E-4A9F14D03F57
Those look good. If my DIY version doesn't cut it, I will have no problem ordering these once they have Infinite Blue available.

Grux40

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front License Plate Bracket Delete - Does it work? 1A19CAE3-F08E-4163-B0DD-6D95094E65FC_1_105_c
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front License Plate Bracket Delete - Does it work? 4EDB89BE-BA69-4BF4-A32C-B49462111689_1_105_c
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front License Plate Bracket Delete - Does it work? 36DC02DB-9BBB-4600-989E-AF6073D6D599_1_105_c

So this is attempt number 1 with the DIY plugs. I purchased both touch-up pens and brush-in-bottle for the color and clear coat (always good to have on hand anyway). I ended up using the brush-in-bottle paint and clear coat and I am pretty happy with the results. The photos are not the best but this was super simple and those 1/4" hole plugs I linked are a perfect fit. Hopefully they don't pop out while washing/waxing and the paint stays on them. For $.89/pair and to have extra touch-up paint now, I think it's worth a try.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
So this is attempt number 1 with the DIY plugs. I purchased both touch-up pens and brush-in-bottle for the color and clear coat (always good to have on hand anyway). I ended up using the brush-in-bottle paint and clear coat and I am pretty happy with the results. The photos are not the best but this was super simple and those 1/4" hole plugs I linked are a perfect fit. Hopefully they don't pop out while washing/waxing and the paint stays on them. For $.89/pair and to have extra touch-up paint now, I think it's worth a try.
that looks pretty great for the cost of some cheap plastic parts, some cotton swaps, and touch-up paint that everyone should get up getting anyway!
Sponsored