Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My BIG question is... What is the actual range at those temperatures?
EXACTLY. The estimated range is meaningless; drive it and track how much came out of the battery and how far you went to compute the actual distance you could have gone on a full battery.
Sponsored

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Slow as hell Chargepoint lol. But at least there's a ton of them - about a dozen stations/23 charging cables within a mile.
I'm at one right now and it's showing 3.39kW added per hour (9 miles per hour in my Fusion).

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well guys Sorry, I have a mache and Tesla mode y Saturday for testing real-world range at 70 mph. But with the weather here and the drive will have to put it off just a little longer. :(:(

To be continued.................................
No problem. We're starting to get more and more members getting their cars doing tests too. I know I plan to do some when I (hopefully) get mine later next week. ?

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Slow as hell Chargepoint lol. But at least there's a ton of them - about a dozen stations/23 charging cables within a mile.
I'm at one right now and it's showing 3.39kW added per hour (9 miles per hour in my Fusion).
Your Fusion as the CMax has a 3.3kW on-board charger allowing that amount per hour.

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
If you turn off e-heat, the resistive heater won’t turn on, so you’ll only get whatever heat can be scavenged from the motors, etc. That may be enough in some cases, but we don’t really know yet.
In day 2 of owning my Mach-e, I had to drive 40 minutes each way in 25 degree temps. I turned off the e-heater, had auto set to 68-69 and was totally comfortable. My trip still used 14% for climate though, so really not sure what's going on.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
In day 2 of owning my Mach-e, I had to drive 40 minutes each way in 25 degree temps. I turned off the e-heater, had auto set to 68-69 and was totally comfortable. My trip still used 14% for climate though, so really not sure what's going on.
What mi/kwh were you getting on that trip?

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
What mi/kwh were you getting on that trip?
I couldn't tell you on that trip, but I went on a 40 minutes drive today, 19 degrees outside and I had to use the e-heater. I set the auto at 66 degrees.

Climate used 19% and another 10% hit on the batteries because of the cold.

I preconditioned for 10 minutes and left with e-heater off, but it wasn't warm enough for my taste. I would really like to know how much heat it truly gets from the motors.

On a side note, I was inside with the power on and it was charging at 98% and I could hear this loud liquid 'swishing' noise as if water was rushing through an empty tube. Very odd.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Most reviewers so far I have read are from new owners from northern states. I would like to see the range reviews from southern states and see if it comes to near promised range .
I'm getting about 3.1 miles/kWh in a mix of freeway/surface roads in about a 9:1 ratio by distance. I'll have a very good idea by the end of tomorrow since the trip is one I do quite often. For comparison the 3.1 miles/kWh compares to something like 3.5 - 3.8 miles/kWh in a Bolt. That's less difference (meaning the MME does better) than what the EPA numbers suggest but it is what it is.

The trip tomorrow is mostly freeway with speed between 68 MPH and 80+ MPH. Steady 70 MPH would give more range but traffic doesn't really allow for a 25 mile drive at a constant speed.