TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Applies to all vehicles regardless of drive train.
So brakes in an ICE are triggered by measuring deceleration now rather than a sensor on the brake pedal? I didn't know that had changed.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
So brakes in an ICE are triggered by measuring deceleration now rather than a sensor on the brake pedal? I didn't know that had changed.
Not the brakes. The brake lights. :cool: They will come on or not depending on the deceleration.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not the brakes. The brake lights. :cool: They will come on or not depending on the deceleration.
Yes, brake lights. Typo.

I'm not finding any references to brake lights being triggered by vehicle deceleration in ICE vehicles, other than motorcycles. Can they not be tested by pressing the brake pedal while not moving now?

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Given the images I've seen, I think the Mobile Charger has the 50 amp male so you would need adapter for 50 amp female to 30 amp male...will be adding once mine is delivered. Can be found at your same link.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Range concern 1612504895570

Ford Mustang Mach-E Range concern 1612505018640

sldave84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
I wish there was more information out there from current owners, but as one of the lucky ones who has had it a week I’ll give my experience so far in my ER AWD. I have been showing around 160-190 miles per charge on the dash when driving. I just discovered the TRIP app that shows you your battery usage for the current trip and also how efficient your speed, braking, and acceleration are, but also what the majority of your consumption is coming from.

Given that I am in metro Detroit it has been cold lately, and I haven’t fully figured out how best to use to variations of climate control options, 30-35% of my battery usage per trip on average has come from “climate”. Cold weather, and I suspect hot weather as well, is going to eat into the range. Additionally, I am still getting used to the one pedal driving and haven’t seen if that is supposed to provide more recharge vs traditions two pedal driving as the “Brake Coach” option currently doesn’t work. That being said I think 300 miles is definitely achievable given everyday driving in city. On a road trip, things will level out a bit more. Given the higher speeds I would imagine 225-240 would be more realistic. I won’t be able to drive 85-90 mph on the highway and get as far

*bear in mind I’ve had it a week so I am enjoying the instant acceleration more now than I will a year from now*

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wish there was more information out there from current owners, but as one of the lucky ones who has had it a week I’ll give my experience so far in my ER AWD. I have been showing around 160-190 miles per charge on the dash when driving. I just discovered the TRIP app that shows you your battery usage for the current trip and also how efficient your speed, braking, and acceleration are, but also what the majority of your consumption is coming from.

Given that I am in metro Detroit it has been cold lately, and I haven’t fully figured out how best to use to variations of climate control options, 30-35% of my battery usage per trip on average has come from “climate”. Cold weather, and I suspect hot weather as well, is going to eat into the range. Additionally, I am still getting used to the one pedal driving and haven’t seen if that is supposed to provide more recharge vs traditions two pedal driving as the “Brake Coach” option currently doesn’t work. That being said I think 300 miles is definitely achievable given everyday driving in city. On a road trip, things will level out a bit more. Given the higher speeds I would imagine 225-240 would be more realistic. I won’t be able to drive 85-90 mph on the highway and get as far

*bear in mind I’ve had it a week so I am enjoying the instant acceleration more now than I will a year from now*
Good info. Thanks for the report.

That sounds pretty consistent with other reports. Cold is a killer. At 20F, probably around 30% loss of range. 90F shouldn't be as bad. Probably half that loss.

sldave84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
Good info. Thanks for the report.

That sounds pretty consistent with other reports. Cold is a killer. At 20F, probably around 30% loss of range. 90F shouldn't be as bad. Probably half that loss.
The more info out there the better! My drives have been less than 20 miles at a time so I suspect for longer trips the usage will go down after the cabin heats up. I’m pretty sure it’s the initial heating up that consumes the most. Additionally, I haven’t preheated my car while on the charger since working from home gets you off of a normal commute schedule. So that may make a big difference as well

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The more info out there the better! My drives have been less than 20 miles at a time so I suspect for longer trips the usage will go down after the cabin heats up. I’m pretty sure it’s the initial heating up that consumes the most. Additionally, I haven’t preheated my car while on the charger since working from home gets you off of a normal commute schedule. So that may make a big difference as well
That would be a great test! Get the cabin up to 72F (whether preheat or driving around, doesn't matter), then reset one of the trip meters. That should zero out the energy stats for that trip meter too. Then drive for 15 minutes or so and see what the Climate% reads. That should tell us how much energy% is used (thus how much range% is lost) just to maintain the cabin temp at a given outside temp.

That will be the important number for range, since range matters mostly for road trips, where 95% of the heating will be for maintaining rather than getting it up to temp initially.

sldave84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
That would be a great test! Get the cabin up to 72F (whether preheat or driving around, doesn't matter), then reset one of the trip meters. That should zero out the energy stats for that trip meter too. Then drive for 15 minutes or so and see what the Climate% reads. That should tell us how much energy% is used (thus how much range% is lost) just to maintain the cabin temp at a given outside temp.

That will be the important number for range, since range matters mostly for road trips, where 95% of the heating will be for maintaining rather than getting it up to temp initially.
I can definitely give that a try. One thing I’m not 100% sure on either is whether I should turn off e-heat or not every trip. Not sure how much more juice that uses or if it is necessary if the car is preheated. Default setting appears to be ON

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can definitely give that a try. One thing I’m not 100% sure on either is whether I should turn off e-heat or not every trip. Not sure how much more juice that uses or if it is necessary if the car is preheated. Default setting appears to be ON
I'm not familiar with what "e-heat" refers to.

sldave84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
I'm not familiar with what "e-heat" refers to.
Electric Heater. Basically pulls heat from the batteries. It says it drains the battery more with it turned on but not sure if it is better to turn off after the car is heated up or not. These are all of the little things that could add up to a lot

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Electric Heater. Basically pulls heat from the batteries. It says it drains the battery more with it turned on but not sure if it is better to turn off after the car is heated up or not. These are all of the little things that could add up to a lot
If the Mach-E is anything like the Focus Electric was: If you turn off the heater in about 10-15 miles you'll be freezing (in temps below <32F).

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Given the images I've seen, I think the Mobile Charger has the 50 amp male so you would need adapter for 50 amp female to 30 amp male...will be adding once mine is delivered. Can be found at your same link.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Range concern 934161B5-E8AE-4701-9405-F7D54DA96D40
If you tried to use that adapter, you would pull 32 amps and trip the 30 amp breaker.