mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Just called my dealer about the 23S56 HVBJB recall. They are very confused! I talked to two different service advisors, and both insist I need to bring the car in for an initial inspection before they can order the new HVBJB. Turns out I am the first one to call on this updated recall, and they apparently have no clue yet. To make matters worse, they told me they have not yet replaced an HVBJB, so I will be the guinea pig. AARGH!! Maybe I will try another dealer, although the closest are 60 and 120 miles away.
Personally I would look for a dealer who has done it before. If you can.
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Just called my dealer about the 23S56 HVBJB recall. They are very confused! I talked to two different service advisors, and both insist I need to bring the car in for an initial inspection before they can order the new HVBJB. Turns out I am the first one to call on this updated recall, and they apparently have no clue yet. To make matters worse, they told me they have not yet replaced an HVBJB, so I will be the guinea pig. AARGH!! Maybe I will try another dealer, although the closest are 60 and 120 miles away.
your dealer’s service department is staffed by a bunch of bozos. I scheduled my replacement for just after the New Year and the service advisor was game for it. We’ll see how it all goes.

There can’t be many of us 2021 MME GTs with the original HVBJB left! Last tracker I saw for 2021 GTs was like a horror movie as the SVS Monster picked us off one-by-one.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
So are all 21/22 Mach E's included now (manufactured up through May 24 2022)? I was thinking before it didn't include rear wheel drive or standard range batteries.

Where is the site where I can look up my VIN again?
Look in FordPass. If you’re impacted, it will be there.

AngryMan

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OLD 2021 Select , NEW 2023 GT...RED !
Occupation
Living the good life
Country flag
For once being cheap pays off . STANDARD battery pack baby !!! No recall for me .

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
If we already had HVBJB, is there now an accompanying software update that removes our 5 second limit?! SURELY THERE IS, RIGHT?!

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
your dealer’s service department is staffed by a bunch of bozos. I scheduled my replacement for just after the New Year and the service advisor was game for it. We’ll see how it all goes.

There can’t be many of us 2021 MME GTs with the original HVBJB left! Last tracker I saw for 2021 GTs was like a horror movie as the SVS Monster picked us off one-by-one.
If anyone has an update to the tracking list, let me know. I have not made any updates recently so there are still a good number of us without a failure, including me.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/2021-gt-gtpe-mmes-without-hvbjb-failure-tracking-list.30158/

Last edited:

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
These are the replacement part #'s listed in the recall documentation in post #1.

1703008914159.png
The part put in mine was in late Oct 2023:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Recall 23S56 - HVBJB Replacement / Powertrain Software Update 1703032291175

So maybe I can get this new -E part as my car is still listed as needing this recall.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any other ’21’s on the original HVJB thinking if i take this in, the new part will fail me? Just seems when i go its another chance for them to mess something up.
Not me. I will get it replaced as soon as it is convenient and and soon as Fords says I can get it done. I floor it almost every time I drive, and I don't take it easy on the car. While I do think about the possibility of failure once and a while, it rarely bothers me. But I will get it replaced so even that small worry is gone.

(My fear is it will crap out when my wife is in the car. That is not something I want her to experience.)

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Hi, I have a question on this. My car had its HVBJB replaced and originally it was on the recall list but now it's off. I am guessing it has the new HVBJB but does it still need to have the newer software updated? Or will they be sending an OTA ort something?

Last edited:

jamelski

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
Ohhhhhh I wonder if I get a new HV box. I got the B back in 2022 but months before the Tsb came out and the recall has the C part now 😂🤷🏼‍♂️

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
I hope this does not play out like the Chevy Bolt battery recall.

I patiently waited for my 2020 to become prioritized. As NHTSA was updated with how many vehicles remained to be remedied and my turn appeared to be coming soon, the rules of the recall were changed and my car was no longer eligible for a proactive battery replacement.

A year or two from now when the GTs are done and the AWD are almost done, will Ford and NHTSA agree to change the recall so that RWD are no longer included?
Odd.
We had our 2019 Bolt battery replaced without a hitch. Of course it was not necessary, but they replaced it just the same. They even fixed the loose front bow tie, no question, no hassle, free of charge.
Odd.

CeramicShark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Yet. The operative word is yet. Just kidding
Why is the standard battery not included in the recall? It seems like stepping hard on the pedal, regardless of standard or extended range would have the same effect on the connectors in an AWD.

They do list RWD extended range but that actually seems like it would be less power flowing through the connector than an AWD standard range with all four motors spinning hard.

Similar with DCFC. An extended range has the potential to generate some extra heat if you go from near zero to full, but it seems like the standard battery has a similar chance of failure of the connectors as an extended range. A difference, but still feels like similar risk profile.

My car is a tad over 34,500 miles so I won't be happy if my HVBJB fails after the warranty expires and Ford says sorry, your problem.

Is there a technical reason to exclude the standard batteries or is it just Ford trying to be cheap and do the least amount of work and cost as possible?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Why is the standard battery not included in the recall?
Failure statistics don't warrant it at this time.

They do list RWD extended range but that actually seems like it would be less power flowing through the connector than an AWD standard range with all four motors spinning hard.
Power is limited by multiple factors. One of them is battery size and configuration. This is why the AWD ER has a 0.4 second faster 0-60 time than the AWD SR, even though the (pre-2023) standard range vehicle weighs 340 pounds less.

My car is a tad over 34,500 miles so I won't be happy if my HVBJB fails after the warranty expires and Ford says sorry, your problem.
The U.S. warranty for EV unique components including the HVBJB is 8 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Sponsored