basilisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
If you check your VIN again, is the service action still listed or not? If you had it replaced already then you may not qualify for the recall after they excluded VINs that were already repaired.
Still listed, but it reverted back to "remedy not yet available", like for everyone else. Still on my original HVBJB so it has never been repaired.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I got tired of waiting for Ford to contact me, and from the wording the dealer where I bought the car is supposed to be the one doing the work. My opinion of that dealership has gone down significantly, so I called a different dealer in January and set up an appointment. Dropped my car off this morning and their parts people said the parts came in, so here's hoping to get my car back by Friday.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
They all use the same contactors, so they do draw from the same part source. And there are way more Premiums and Selects than GTs which puts a lot more pressure on the supply chain. The HVBJBs are probably made in the same factory, so the labor allocation would also be a factor. I'm sure Ford had them build the GT HVBJBs first before moving on to the Premium ones. So you'd be waiting for the next scheduled production of non-GT parts after they ran out.
Interesting theory, but we are dealing with completed parts, not their components.

It’s impossible for a premium to “steal” a hVBJB from a GT by scheduling their recall at the dealer.

Premium owner schedules recall work, dealer orders part. Part shows up and it gets installed.

Even if 100% of the premium owners did that today, it wouldn’t impact the supply chain of GT HVBJB’s. All that would happen is the premium owners would wait months in line for their parts to show up (kinda like what happened when 5,000 of us pre-ordered our Tesla charger adapters on the same day).

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
Premium owner schedules recall work, dealer orders part. Part shows up and it gets installed.

except when service advisor texts after having car for 6 days and says “but the ev tech has two MMEs ahead of you and it will be about 2 weeks.” 😡

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

except when service advisor texts after having car for 6 days and says “but the ev tech has two MMEs ahead of you and it will be about 2 weeks.” 😡
Still the same order of events

with a frustrating delay.

It’s a half day job for the tech though, not sure why 2 cars ahead of you would take 2 weeks

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Still listed, but it reverted back to "remedy not yet available", like for everyone else. Still on my original HVBJB so it has never been repaired.
I have experienced the same thing but I did also receive a letter from Ford. I was also called twice by Ford to assist in setting up an appointment. In my case; however, I had the part (22GT) ordered in December and it has been sitting at the dealer since the last week of December (the part.) I have delayed the change out of the HVBJB twice for my convenience but will finally get it done this week. I believe you should contact your local dealer and inquire about the part as GT’s did have priority.

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Still the same order of events

with a frustrating delay.

It’s a half day job for the tech though, not sure why 2 cars ahead of you would take 2 weeks
The service manager said they only have one table to drop the bottom to do the work. Said it could be less and the scheduler was being conservative. Since they couldn’t commit a work/finish date, I had an upcoming trip and my loaner was a 0-60 in 12 sec Escape I retrieved my MME and must make a second appointment

It seems that they take appointments without considering the capacity of the EV tech to turn around the cars.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got my update last week at the dealer. I had to take it in weeks ago for them to check and order the part number. They called said it was in and I scheduled it and received it back on Friday. I didn't get extra Fordpass points or a new charging mat. Does that come later?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The service manager said they only have one table to drop the bottom to do the work. Said it could be less and the scheduler was being conservative. Since they couldn’t commit a work/finish date, I had an upcoming trip and my loaner was a 0-60 in 12 sec Escape I retrieved my MME and must make a second appointment

It seems that they take appointments without considering the capacity of the EV tech to turn around the cars.
To be fair, we know a lot more about this repair then the scheduler will.

You might think- “then they are bad at their job!!” But that wouldn’t necessarily be true.

We are thinking about 1 vehicle and 1 repair. I can retain that amount of information.
The scheduler? Schedules for every car and every repair. They just go by whatever information is right in front of them.

Plus keep in mind, you may be scheduling a recall, but if everyone else is like me, they show up to the dealer with a laundry list of other problems to fix while it’s in for the recall.

It’s kinda like waiting for a table at a restaurant. The person taking names can tell you where you are on the list, but not exactly how long you will wait.

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To be fair, we know a lot more about this repair then the scheduler will.

You might think- “then they are bad at their job!!” But that wouldn’t necessarily be true.

We are thinking about 1 vehicle and 1 repair. I can retain that amount of information.
The scheduler? Schedules for every car and every repair. They just go by whatever information is right in front of them.

Plus keep in mind, you may be scheduling a recall, but if everyone else is like me, they show up to the dealer with a laundry list of other problems to fix while it’s in for the recall.

It’s kinda like waiting for a table at a restaurant. The person taking names can tell you where you are on the list, but not exactly how long you will wait.
I understand your point.

However, unlike walking into the restaurant I called several weeks ahead to preorder the hvbjb part and reserve an loaner, and I was explicit about 3 service items (hvbjb recall, charge cord recall and 30k service). They informed me of a misorder on Sat morning then tell me Monday it will be “a few weeks” after having my car since early Wed morning. I can give them a pass for 2021 and into 2022 for the learning curve but this is now 2024. If EV tech is a scarce resource then schedulers should not overbook them where car is sitting for over a week. And loan me a car that is 1/2 an MME and gas.

It’s a low paying job but not rocket science. It’s also responsibility of the service manager. Also, there’s hardware called computers that runs software to help with scheduling.

{rant} Did I mention when I made my first 10k service appt for a Saturday using their online booking system and entered my info I showed up and they said “we only do oil changes on Saturdays”. Clearly poor UX and no one checks the notes (that they ask one to submit).

My patience wears quickly with poor and reactive communication like I received. I work from home but depend on my car when I need it. They F’d up and didn’t own it. Will see what happens when I return for the hvbjb.

Xweb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium eAWD
Country flag
My local SoCal dealer said the part is still on backorder with no ETA. I scheduled this back in December 2023. Not sure who to believe.
Update: 4 1/2 months later, still no part. 3 phone calls to the dealer this past month. One guy said "I think we got the part... and lost it". Now I am awaiting another callback, which will never happen. BEV team is no help. I just want the recall done.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I had been hesitant to have the recall completed, since I've been 40K miles without issue on my '21 FE, but had to take the Mach-E in for rear hatch issue and opted to go ahead with the recall.

Dropped it off on Friday April 12th, and all was completed yesterday (Wed, April 17th).

According to service record I ended up with part "NK4Z 10C666 E", though it does also show "NK4Z 10C666 E-C" in another location on the service record.

Overall a nice turn around to complete both repair and recall.
Sponsored