Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I called Ford Support to see if they could forcibly change the bogus Edge on my account to the correct MME. They said that the only way to correct it was for me to completely remove the vehicle form my account and add it again. I didn't want to do that because I didn't want to mess up PaaK, but she said that was the only way. So I removed the vehicle and added it again by VIN. Guess what. It comes up as an Edge again. Not only did it not fix the problem, but after going through all of the PaaK setup again, now PaaK does not work at all. This is frustrating to say the least.
I was going to try deleting both vehicles from the site, then re-add them, but that’s going to be time-consuming. Glad to hear it probably won’t work.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I was going to try deleting both vehicles from the site, then re-add them, but that’s going to be time-consuming. Glad to hear it probably won’t work.
I'm almost positive that the problem is on Ford's side. Their database has some MMEs tagged as Edges. I do have a ticket open with FordPass Support, so we'll see if anything becomes of it.

PrimeFuture

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, 2013 Ford Focus
Country flag
I got the invite this morning too and signed up. I've definitely got thoughts on how to improve the Mach-E so glad to be a part of it.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I called Ford Support to see if they could forcibly change the bogus Edge on my account to the correct MME. They said that the only way to correct it was for me to completely remove the vehicle form my account and add it again. I didn't want to do that because I didn't want to mess up PaaK, but she said that was the only way. So I removed the vehicle and added it again by VIN. Guess what. It comes up as an Edge again. Not only did it not fix the problem, but after going through all of the PaaK setup again, now PaaK does not work at all. This is frustrating to say the least.
After seeing that FordPass 3.22.0 just came out, I updated to that and now PaaK is working again. The new release notes do say that previous versions of FordPass will not longer be supported, so I wonder if I hit it just right by creating a new PaaK with the now "old" 3.21.0. Whatever. I'm back to where a started with working PaaK and a Ford MME "Edge" that can't be joined to the Early Access Program.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
After seeing that FordPass 3.22.0 just came out, I updated to that and now PaaK is working again. The new release notes do say that previous versions of FordPass will not longer be supported, so I wonder if I hit it just right by creating a new PaaK with the now "old" 3.21.0. Whatever. I'm back to where a started with working PaaK and a Ford MME "Edge" that can't be joined to the Early Access Program.
Ok. So I downloaded FordPass 3.22.0 immediately after seeing this. As soon as I launched FordPass, I got a notice that an OTA update was successful. I already had one of these notices first thing this morning and it had gone away. I wonder if the new version of FordPass brought that notice back, or if they’re catching up on updates and pushed the second one to me in the same day?

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Ha-ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is “Never get involved in a land war in Asia,” but only slightly less well known is this... :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Received New Early Access Program Invite 1620846289527

jjwolf

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium 4X, M3, Yukon
Country flag
I got the email. Gladly signed up. Waiting to see what's next. Since I didn't get my Starlink Beta from Musk, I feel this is cosmic balance.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Ok. So I downloaded FordPass 3.22.0 immediately after seeing this. As soon as I launched FordPass, I got a notice that an OTA update was successful. I already had one of these notices first thing this morning and it had gone away. I wonder if the new version of FordPass brought that notice back, or if they’re catching up on updates and pushed the second one to me in the same day?
The OTA notice in the app stays on the app for about a week then disappears.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
In my small experience with PaaK. You need to reset the car too when you remove it from the phone. I did that with customer service over the phone and it worked. There is a phone number that shows up when you try to setup paak. Give them a try.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I just got the invite, as well. If only the Early Access Program also gave me access to new suspension being tested to smooth out the ride... ? I am all for dogfooding software on my PCs and phone, but part of me is a little reluctant to sign up to start beta testing the software the runs my vehicle. Has anyone signed up and actually received any updates and, if so, can you say what sort of updates they have been? Obviously, if there is a NDA involved with the Early Access Program, please do not go saying anything that you shouldn't.
Yeah, same here...you have to hope what Ford is "beta testing" with the early access people won't lead to catastrophic/dangerous vehicle behavior! Hoping most of the dogfooding is going on with their own testers.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In my small experience with PaaK. You need to reset the car too when you remove it from the phone. I did that with customer service over the phone and it worked. There is a phone number that shows up when you try to setup paak. Give them a try.
Yeah, I had done that and I was able to re-add Paak. It pretended like it was working, and even said Bluetooth Connected in the app, but the car would see the phone. But then I updated to FordPass 3.22.0 and it started working.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
#feelingleftout

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
No invite for me. I’ve been keeping a detailed log of issues, reporting them to dealership and to Ford Customer Service, even started surveys here to rank the popular new features. But nobody at Ford seems to care.
Sponsored