MICO

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Rapid Red
Country flag
Today I needed to remove the frunk dividers to put a large item which I didn't want in the rear compartment. Did anyone try to pull the divider? There are 8 body clip that hold the divider in place. Try to remove them!!! You would think it should be easy. It's a good thing I was home and had access to my tools. You need to pry the center pin up by aligning them to an open position with a screw driver then use a small pry bar or panel bar to pull the clip out. Believe me when I tell you it's NOT easy. It's one thing if Ford had a wing nut type clip or even a hex head, but pulling on those clips, not knowing if they will break is a very tense experience. And very time consuming when you figure its a plastic divider. Another one of "Ford's better ideas".

Make sure you have the right tools and know what you're getting involved with before you go shopping at Costco!
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
1) The frunk dividers were a last minute thing to get the car approved.

2) They were discontinued very quickly.

When my 2022 comes in, I am contemplating swapping the frunk liner, with dividers, between the cars. In removing it, I'm going to see if I can put some type of wingnuts in place to hold the dividers yet make them easy to remove or remove only some.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Took me two minutes to remove. You can use a removal tool or a big flat-headed screwdriver.
Sponsored