HGxxx

First Name
Harish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion energi, mach e premium standard range
Country flag
I liked that icon because when you touch it and the car moves to the side you see the head lights come on. But willing to give up if it makes UI faster and deal with those new awful colored buttons. They should may be make those new home buttons like the same color as the backround.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Itā€™s ok. More of a novelty to me because I donā€™t adjust the fan or heated seats ever, and the temp only goes up for down by a few degrees so itā€™s easier to press the + - buttons than use the knob.
Or to press the voice control button and request your desired temp šŸ™‚

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
To me, overall the new UI is much better than the original.

But, I'm hopeful the icons are at some point made consistent throughout the UI. Shows poor attention to detail and as a result It's kind of a dogs breakfast. .... I know, first world problems...

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I liked that icon because when you touch it and the car moves to the side you see the head lights come on. But willing to give up if it makes UI faster and deal with those new awful colored buttons. They should may be make those new home buttons like the same color as the backround.
If it made everything faster then it might be worth it, but early reports are that it didnā€™t any faster and they havenā€™t fixed any bugs, so it may be all for not.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To me, overall the new UI is much better than the original.

But, I'm hopeful the icons are at some point made consistent throughout the UI. Shows poor attention to detail and as a result It's kind of a dogs breakfast. .... I know, first world problems...
Yeah poor attention to design seems to be be the new MO at Ford. The tiny buttons for frunk/charge port/trunk and the tiny heated seat & wheel buttons are all a mess.

HGxxx

First Name
Harish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion energi, mach e premium standard range
Country flag
If it made everything faster then it might be worth it, but early reports are that it didnā€™t any faster and they havenā€™t fixed any bugs, so it may be all for not.
I feel the new UI is faster and seems like the PAAK and wireless carplay is better. But they made some icons small and stuff and don't like the nasty color of the home and camera buttons.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
And if you're that disappointed about the car icon, we probably shouldn't tell you about the other changes.

I turned off auto-update months ago, I'm happy with current functionality and will stick with it as long as I can...

Burnsy8787

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy volt
Country flag
Yup, in 4.1.2. Itā€™s now two ugly MS Word Clip Art looking icons.

yeah... what in the world were they thinking with this? I think all the other UI changes they did look good (I even got used to the larger font size for the temperature), but then they decide to just put in these super ugly icons?

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
Oh I discovered a new step back in this software. The heated seats button now just displays an orange light when itā€™s in auto, it doesnā€™t show you if itā€™s ok or at what level like it used to. Before when you put it in auto you got an A on the seat and the 3 red lights would light up to tell you if it was on and at what level. Now itā€™s just an A with an orange light at the bottom. No way of knowing if itā€™s on or not, and if you tap it to see it takes it out of auto and cycles to the next level.
Yeah this is definitely unfortunate, I also donā€™t like how what used to be a simple tap now takes over the volume knob. AC temp I get, but heated seats is just cycling. For consistent UX theyā€™d need to make the AC auto cycling function also take over the knob, but they left that one as just taps.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
I swore when I read the Title of this Thread thought he was talking about Ford going to do away with Mustang. As he states in title (Car Icon) lol.......

But I have heard they are in talks of creating the Mustang Brand for continuation of selling the ICE Mustangs. Kinda like how Hyundai did the Genesis.
Sponsored