generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
That thread says Level 3, not at home, Level 2. Does the actual TSB cover L2 as well?
Since Level 3 isn’t a real thing, they may or may not have meant DCFC. But it says it reduces the noise when charging at 10.5kW and above, which you can certainly hit with Level 2.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ericNdfw

ericNdfw

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
`21 MME Prem 4X w/GTPE wheels,`22 Hyundai Palisade
Occupation
Solutions Architect (software)
Country flag
Since Level 3 isn’t a real thing, they may or may not have meant DCFC. But it says it reduces the noise when charging at 10.5kW and above, which you can certainly hit with Level 2.
Cool! I'll be looking into that ASAP then! Thanks for sharing.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
That's the way it is. Remember the first flat, Plasma TV's? They got bigger, better and cheaper every year, and the the LCD's came. Why would it be different with EV's?

DaveHsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E on order
Occupation
manager
Country flag
I think the concerns are leaks along with too many hoses and connectors. The Ford engineers was great but indicated the rear engine and cooling systems require re-engineering and they needed to just something out to market.

We are torn because we want a EV but reliability is important to us. We have already accepted the phone as a key sucks and plan on getting an additional key fob.
Yes, I would recommend a second key fob. I'll probably go back to get another. The cooling system may have many hoses, but it does seem effective. The cabin cooling is excellent, and based on my limited experience you might want to confirm that in other EVs.

barryezl

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
What is it that Sandy doesn't like about the rear motor? She obviously knew what he was referring to but I didn't catch it. Anyone know?

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
What is it that Sandy doesn't like about the rear motor? She obviously knew what he was referring to but I didn't catch it. Anyone know?
He doesn't like the oil squirters and the redundancy Ford used. He preferred the front motor with the coolant pathway machined into the housing

eStang

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag
He doesn't like the oil squirters and the redundancy Ford used. He preferred the front motor with the coolant pathway machined into the housing
He also preferred the press fit to hold the stator in the housing approach of the front, instead of the long thru bolts on the back... Because, Fasteners.

barryezl

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
He also preferred the press fit to hold the stator in the housing approach of the front, instead of the long thru bolts on the back... Because, Fasteners.
Welp, I guess I'll trust the Ford engineers did a good enough job and if not it should be covered by warranty.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag

Chiefsfan

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GS350
Country flag
What model year switch to android from sync? I know it was mentioned as 2023. Was the introduction year or model year(which would be MY24)?