Second Thoughts Put to Bed

billytuffnuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag
Jes sayin. Anyone check out that the VinFast Vietnamese EV’s. I dropped a deposit down for one of those to check it out as well all refundable

Here’s the link

https://vinfastauto.us/
You're DELUSIONAL if you think a brand new automaker with no track record of producing quality (or any for that matter) will not have any issues at launch or even a year in.
Sponsored

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
You're DELUSIONAL if you think a brand new automaker with no track record of producing quality (or any for that matter) will not have any issues at launch or even a year in.
LOL.
I’ll be delusional. You have fun with your tuff nutz. I never said anything positive about the Vietnamese car just that it’s available and I dropped 200 on it which I can get back and I’m gonna go look at it. If I do buy it and it’s a piece of crap I’ll probably sell it for more than I paid for it in this market so there really no worries mate

Now get back to those nuts …

Jes sayin. Let’s keep it civil ….I’m not delusional I’m a schizophrenic bipolar whatever💩💰😝🧚🏻‍♀️🧞‍♀️💤👁🧞🧚‍♂️

OP
OP

Timbo31771

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium ER AWD Infinite Blue/Light Space Grey
Occupation
Logistics Manager
Country flag
I love the price argument, realistically price means nothing in terms of reliability. Especially When you’re talking EVs, the premium you pay is just the battery.
Personally my best experience with various dealers has been at the time of purchase, service has always disappointed. More times then not they’ve damaged my vehicles. If you want loner service and butt kissing you’re going to have to go luxury brand instead. VW always gave me loaners but that’s offset by them breaking my windshield, shifter, and center console (all different times 😂).
At 11k miles my biggest annoyance is a hatch that doesn’t fully unlatch all the time and a missing kick panel under the glove box. It’s just not worth the hassle of dealing with the dealership and since there’s no service to be done I’ll probably never have it fixed.Maybe a recall will be worth getting it looked at lol.
That’s a valid point about price—this car wouldn’t be $60k if it was an ICE vehicle—but as a customer, I’d still feel like even a $20,000 car with only 5,000 miles on it shouldn’t strand you. And software fixes shouldn’t take multiple weeks.

OP
OP

Timbo31771

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium ER AWD Infinite Blue/Light Space Grey
Occupation
Logistics Manager
Country flag
I appreciate everybody’s advice, insights, and shared (bad) experiences. I really just needed to vent as each day, my call to my service adviser is just more bad news (still not fixed). As I said before, we loved the car with a capital “L” when it was working. I’ll likely give it another chance when I get it back. Maybe I’ll remember why I loved it. It just sucks making two monthly payments for a car I haven’t even had in the driveway to look at.

billytuffnuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag
I appreciate everybody’s advice, insights, and shared (bad) experiences. I really just needed to vent as each day, my call to my service adviser is just more bad news (still not fixed). As I said before, we loved the car with a capital “L” when it was working. I’ll likely give it another chance when I get it back. Maybe I’ll remember why I loved it. It just sucks making two monthly payments for a car I haven’t even had in the driveway to look at.
I'd be talking to ford's customer service to see if they can waive those payments while the vehicle is down. Its in your best interest to keep track of days out of service in case you want to pursue the lemon law

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
@Timbo31771, I understand why you feel that way and I might feel the same way if all that crap happened to me. My car has been great, with only the kind of minor issues you would expect with a first year car.

I will say I didn't want to buy one of the very first cars produced, because I used to be an engineer at a manufacturing plant and I know how much better quality improves over time. The first products produced *always* have more problems than the later ones. But I did get a first year car and I did expect problems. Because I know how it works.

As others have said, the way problems are handled make or break it for the consumer. And while some dealers are excellent, some are not. I was able to get all my software modules updated the first week of January at no charge, and the dealer did it expertly. My driver door was rubbing and they fixed that as well. That was the only time I took it to the dealer except for the initial state inspection, which they also did for free.

I am nervous about the HVBJB, and I have the axle clunk. And I really don't like the suspension very much. But really, my car has been 100% reliable for 11,000 miles now. I do need to rotate the tires. I love driving it.

Just realize that all 1st year cars, especially ones with a lot of new technology, are going to have more problems than a Camary or a Explorer for that matter. If you need peace of mind more than cool technology, buy an ICE or a hybrid that has been in production for a while.

Check out the Rivian forum. For a car company that is so focused on quality, they are experiencing quality issues as well. They have HVB drain issues instead of LVB drain issues. Interesting, right? But I still want a Rivian. 😄

billytuffnuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag
LOL.
I’ll be delusional. You have fun with your tuff nutz. I never said anything positive about the Vietnamese car just that it’s available and I dropped 200 on it which I can get back and I’m gonna go look at it. If I do buy it and it’s a piece of crap I’ll probably sell it for more than I paid for it in this market so there really no worries mate

Now get back to those nuts …

Jes sayin. Let’s keep it civil ….I’m not delusional I’m a schizophrenic bipolar whatever💩💰😝🧚🏻‍♀️🧞‍♀️💤👁🧞🧚‍♂️
ok buddy. get some help

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
1st year woes for sure and like others have stated, you had the full bad purchase experience. I think 2022s had less issues than 2021 job 2 cars which had less issues than job 1 cars as well.

As a previous Bolt owner (and having seen many Tesla's catch fire), I'm not sure this recall is as bad, but that's my opinion and I'm not going to dismiss your concerns and feelings neither.

I'd say everything is slow now. Sell the car with little/no loss if you want out (at least there's that) and the MME has mostly kept it's value.

Any other totally new EV will be a massive wait and almost everything is really a new platform outside of Tesla.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Heh, talk to any Tesla owner about repairs/parts/service response...I am sure there are issues even at all the new EV makers like Rivian/Lucid as well.

I honestly think there is not going to any pleasing some buyers if they expect much/ultra great support in this day and age...

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
That’s a valid point about price—this car wouldn’t be $60k if it was an ICE vehicle—but as a customer, I’d still feel like even a $20,000 car with only 5,000 miles on it shouldn’t strand you. And software fixes shouldn’t take multiple weeks.

What happened to you is bad, but I really REALLY don't think Ford or anyone at Ford Engineering wants anyone to be stranded. Yes, it shouldn't strand you, but that's probably a better alternative than having your car explode/catch fire, etc...I'm sure if we search, we'll see other folks in other cars having stranded issues for whatever reason.

I suppose from reading all this, you had a pretty bad experience and maybe we'll have that as well and all get lemon law refunds or just end up selling it, but point I am stating is no one, I'm pretty certain wants this to happen to their customers.

It doesn't matter if it's a $10k car or a $100k car. It's an error/mistake and hopefully, this doesn't happen to anyone else.

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Your experience has reinforced my general rule never to acquire the first year of any new vehicle. That's especially true of EVs, which are new tech to begin with.

That said, if Ford is going to venture into the EV market in a big way, they should be better prepared to deal with design flaws and performance issues. EVs depend way more than ICE cars on software and electronics to work properly. So it follows we can expect more problems than if we owned Toyota Camrys.

But I'll take that bargain. Eventually, there's no doubt EVs will be every bit as reliable as the venerable Camry. In the meantime, we need to think of ourselves as test pilots of engineers at the forefront of EV exploration. That might just make it easier to cope with the inevitable problems many of us will experience!

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
ok buddy. get some help
It’s FMC that needs help. Three major recalls and now they’re no longer allowed to deliver or sell the car due to one of them.

That’s actually more delusional than anything we could put out here

Jes sayin

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
completely new drive train, new SW, new model. A lot of learning curves to navigate. I knew going in that there were going to be early adopter issues…. Turns out there are.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I was stranded twice, both times after about a year of ownership and ~20,000 miles. Although it's fixed and I honestly still like the car, I'm a bit stressed out about the potential for it happening again; especially since I road trip a lot. I ended up purchasing a BMW i4 M50 (pictured below) and the Mach E (while still sitting in my garage) has been sold via Driveway for about $4,000 more than I bought it for. Hard to pass up that kind of deal and to get another $7,500 tax credit on another EV.

I will say this about Ford: they made a compelling EV, and my experience with the Mach E got me hooked on EV tech; I will never go back to gas.

In the meantime, I have another new toy to enjoy. Wicked fast on the road and a great charging curve. I'll come back to Ford for our next EV (my wife's next car replacement).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Second Thoughts Put to Bed IMG_0170
Sponsored