James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
This has happened to me a few times now. I’m accidentally turning on the cruise control by touching the button with the heel of my left hand. It seems that the button is very sensitive and the speed selection does not reset to zero when turned off. A quick tap of the brake shuts it off but it’s a bit annoying.
Anyone else have this happen?
Sponsored

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
This has happened to me a few times now. I’m accidentally turning on the cruise control by touching the button with the heel of my left hand. It seems that the button is very sensitive and the speed selection does not reset to zero when turned off. A quick tap of the brake shuts it off but it’s a bit annoying.
Yes! All the time. I have a bad habit of resting my hand in the same place. And it’s scary with one pedal on, pulling up behind someone at a stoplight and having the car car suddenly lunge forward on its own. Then I look down, and cruse control is set when it wasn’t before. 🤦‍♂️ I’m very aware now.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Never in over two years with the car. It must be the way you are used to holding the wheel. Time to learn a new habit.

hbirring01

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Happened to me several times as well. One was in a parking lot which was really dangerous. Seems like it should be hold the button for 2 seconds or something to turn on bc/cc.

OP
OP

JJR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Just had a chat with Ford.
Swapping out the button with one that requires more pressure to activate is one solution.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Never in over two years with the car. It must be the way you are used to holding the wheel. Time to learn a new habit.
This.

The old 10-2 or even 9-3 are no longer considered the safest hand placement due to the airbag placement. 8 and 4 are better to avoid injury than 10-2 and will have the added benefit of not engaging cruise control or BC accidentally.

OP
OP

JJR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
There’s no need to “press” it. Running the heel of your hand over it is all that it takes.

OP
OP

JJR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
This.

The old 10-2 or even 9-3 are no longer considered the safest hand placement due to the airbag placement. 8 and 4 are better to avoid injury than 10-2 and will have the added benefit of not engaging cruise control or BC accidentally.
Unfortunately there are times when I need to move my hands around the wheel like when I’m making a turn. Just touching the button seems to activate it.

Metasystech

First Name
Todd`
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Lighting 1996 Chevy Impala SS 2022 Ford
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
This happened several times to me and I thought it was turning on cruise control by itself. It is really easy to touch it and off the vehicle goes. I'm not sure if it is placement or sensitivity but it's not good.

Stormy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E SEL
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I had this happen when driving down a short, narrow street and it was set to 20 by accident. I use 1 pedal and had to jam on the brakes at the stop sign. Frightening.

macheforum app copy.jpg

OP
OP

JJR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Happened to me several times as well. One was in a parking lot which was really dangerous. Seems like it should be hold the button for 2 seconds or something to turn on bc/cc.
Just spoke with my neighbor who mentioned that his Honda requires a 2 second press to open the rear hatch.
I’m changing my vote to your idea of a 2 second press.
Should be a simple software upgrade.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Just spoke with my neighbor who mentioned that his Honda requires a 2 second press to open the rear hatch.
I’m changing my vote to your idea of a 2 second press.
Should be a simple software upgrade.
It is of course possible that your button is extra sensitive and that changing it might make sense, especially if you can convince Ford to do it under warranty.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I’ve done it a couple times in my 26 months of ownership. When it happens, I realize it’s because of the way I’m handling the wheel. I don’t consider it a big deal, I just need to pay attention to what I’m doing.

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just had a chat with Ford.
Swapping out the button with one that requires more pressure to activate is one solution.
JJR, How do I do this swap? Is there a Ford part?
Sponsored