GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I wouldn’t worry with what obd tools spit out. Unless you run a battery health check with FDRS which takes a few minutes and generates a report like this. Then you can see cell voltage issues etc.
As you can see in image here I’m at 97% at about 10.5k miles

mache.jpeg
Rob, this is interesting data. I’m curious if your battery’s SoH shows differently in the OBD. Do you mind telling us what that figure is? As mentioned above, the BMS programming changed recently, which is what made my battery’s SoH drop from 95 to 85%

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ GT Cyber Orange
Occupation
Auto Parts, Paint & Tech
Country flag
Many of the OBD scanners I have tried at my shop have been pulling the 12v SoH not the HVB. At the moment I only have the FDRS laptop. They have a specific BECM program that runs and polls all the cells and spits out this datasheet I attached.
Either way if the OBD is reading a HVB SoH value I am not sure it is updated as regularly and thoroughly as the actual BECM battery health program in FDRS is generating when it runs its tests.

Last edited:

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
23k miles and 2 years of owners and sporadic fast charging and SoH was 97.5 as of today and I haven’t noticed any drop in range.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I took a road trip from northern AZ to Las Cruces, NM. On the way, I did two L2 charges from relatively low to 100%.

I started the drive at 100% (but it was below 0ºC, so its capacity was quite a bit lower than nominal). I didn't stop to charge until I reached an RV park where I L2 charged from 13% to 100% without interruption.

The second L2 charge was on a 6kW ChargePoint charger at a hotel. It was quite a bit warmer over night. The car charged from 32% to 100% without interruption.

Before the first charge, my car claimed 87% SoH. After the first charge, the car claimed 88% SoH. After the second charge, my car claimed 90% SoH, and midway through my trip home, it claimed 91% SoH. I am home now, but I haven't checked its reported SoH.

I'll do a full charge cycle from 100% to ~0% to 100% once it warms up in a week or three.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
If you're DCFC I'm guessing you don't hit 100% very often, which is when I've seen the load balancing occur. If I recall correctly, we should be charging to 100% every month or couple of months. I don't know if it's explicitly called out in our manuals but Kia does in theirs so I assume the same logic applies
Never read or heard of such. I haven't been to 100% since end of August and my soh is like 99.6!

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Never read or heard of such. I haven't been to 100% since end of August and my soh is like 99.6!
Ducked Kia manuals and then EV6 and opened the PDF. CTRL F 100 in the PDF came up with this
Ford Mustang Mach-E Significant drop in SoH Screenshot 2024-03-29 074810

What's the logic if any? But now we have heard of it ;)
Sponsored