Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
My build date is next month, got impatient and bought my same car off a dealer lot and had it delivered. Guess it is to my advantage I prefer metal roofs.

Enjoy your Audi.. Do not think it is on Ford that you prefer FE red calipers and paint,
Sponsored

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I really hate that y'all have had bad experiences, I really encourage you to reach out to Ford and let them know why you're going elsewhere. I called the customer service number and emailed the execs (their emails are in my post bragging about Ford) and was pleasantly surprised to hear back from them.

I'm no insider, I don't have any previous connection to Ford. But the only way for them to know the system is broken is to actually hear from real people. If you look at my post history, I was very critical of the vehicle tracking process and found it ridiculous that I could track a pizza delivery much simpler than my $60k car.

It shouldn't be this difficult to get transparency from Ford, but if enough people tell them they've taken their business elsewhere because of it they'll have to make changes. I really hope you all enjoy your new purchases as much as I'm enjoying my MME, and will reach out to Ford for the good of everyone else still waiting on this board.
Where is the post with those emails. I think I need to send a message too.

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
Is ford doing everything perfectly? nope. Can they do better yes.
Few things I would like to say. Yep have a reservation for the ID4 and Had one for the Polestar 2.
WHY? I wanted to test them out. Just like I have with the model y.

Here it is With the ID4 no word from them about the delay they are having no word on anything. Want to see proof? well, they haven't sent anything. one call in 8 months just one call from the dealer. Signed up for the test drive coming up.

Polestar send me anything about their delay? nope. All I got from the new york dealer was the car is here. Didn't even get a call I got an email. Yes, we didn't buy it or anything but just showing they didn't do anything also.

Super easy to go to a dealer when their product had been out of a while and it's already on the dealer lot and say how wow it was there and nice. Tell me how it went with their launch. I will sit here and wait. Make sure your right because you know I might really know.

But again Ford can do better and has to get the dealers to do better. Some people don't need a lot of hand-holding. some people need a call a week. I still have not received my mache. But when I started checking times and weeks I'm still within the original time of 6 to 8 weeks from the day the mache is produced.

All your auto dealers are having problems with parts, covid. Any vehicle that is in crazy demand your going to have to wait long. Does not matter who the manufacturer is. Just the way it is with what's going on.

The fact that ford did not just come out and say the mache is delay another yes is amazing. Over 34 vehicles from manufacturers either got cut and will not be build or got a year or more delay. The mache is not setting on the dealer's lots. It's that hot it's gone that quick. These other BEV are sitting and sitting. Massive discounts I wonder why?

If we are going to call things what they are then let's call them what they all. Ford finds a problem and issues a recall right and to fix it. Amazing. Tesla fights and fights and says well the part is not supposed to last past 5 years before finally saying they will fix it.

I do not mind anyone buying another BEV that is the point here and it's awesome. I do mind when things are not told truly or twisted to put misleading info about the mache here.

If you can't understand what is going on right now and the problems auto manufacturers are having then maybe not the right time for you.
Ford is trying very hard to get the mache to you.
I very clearly understand what is going on. I’ve acknowledged there are issues beyond their control, and I don’t doubt that other car companies aren’t good at communication. I will hold them to the same standard I am holding Ford.

Mistakes happen, I can sympathize and easily forgive. But repeated mistakes in regards to communication, all 100% within their control, are not acceptable to me. I would expect my clients to hold me to the same standard. In any business relationship, communication is key if not the most important aspect of that relationship, even more so when problems occur.

I actually drive to work, my wife has to drive to work at times in very short notice. We need two cars, so actually knowing what is going on is important to me and my family.

It’s great that your proud of your company; it’s great that your proud of the Mach e. You should be, it a beautiful car and I want one quite badly. But practically speaking, the timing is not working out and maybe it could have if Ford had communicated with me. They let my vehicle sit in Mexico for an entire month while telling me it was in transit to Kansas City. They straight up lied to me. There’s no ambiguity in that statement. I was told it was in transit and then told on Friday, it never left Mexico. I have been up front with my dealer about my timelines every step of the way for 15 months since I first reserved. Ford has seen fit to not offer me the same courtesy and respect. I can live with the growing pains of a new vehicle, but not being lied to ultimately. I still hold out some small hole that maybe MME will make it first but I’m not holding my breath.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
Interesting thread; I am sympathetic to how all the delays have played out for everyone. In a perfect world, we would all get daily updates about our individual cars, reasons for the delays, etc.

As is obvious by now, though, this is a new model with a lot of new tech, introduced during a pandemic, and things have not gone smoothly. As big and experienced as Ford is, they have been scrambling to put out fire after fire on many different fronts. Decisions are having to be made quickly - daily - in a very dynamic situation. There are many thousands of cars involved. This forum probably represents a fraction of the people who have ordered cars. We see posts from a relatively small number of people and may be lulled into thinking we are in a small club, when from Ford's standpoint, it's a much larger playing field.

It's compounded by the new sales model, how dealers are integrated into the sale, with little info (and sometimes interest) compared to the traditional process. Also, as much as we would like transparency and explanations, that could work against Ford by affecting stock price and public perception. From a general business standpoint, sometimes the less said, the better.

It almost seems like people are taking things personally. Now we have people griping because they emailed or tweeted the CEO of a billion dollar company and he didn't get right back to them. Seriously? Step back and look at that. I think it's pretty obvious this has not played out like Ford wanted or expected, and they are doing their best. The wait has me looking more seriously at other options such as the AWD ID.4 and the Ioniq 5 - they may be viable options now, due to the timing.

I don't think it's realistic to expect that we all get personalized attention about our orders. S*%& happens, I think Ford is doing their best, and we all have to make our choices based on our personal situations and perspective. As big as Ford is, I doubt they have the staff to manage that. I'm on a month-to-month lease and frankly, I can wait as long as I want for my car. But lots of people don't have that luxury, or are just impatient. It will lead some to other brands, like Audi, and that is absolutely a valid and understandable choice.

88 KILOWATTS PER HOUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Bolt
Country flag
I really hate that y'all have had bad experiences, I really encourage you to reach out to Ford and let them know why you're going elsewhere. I called the customer service number and emailed the execs (their emails are in my post bragging about Ford) and was pleasantly surprised to hear back from them.

I'm no insider, I don't have any previous connection to Ford. But the only way for them to know the system is broken is to actually hear from real people. If you look at my post history, I was very critical of the vehicle tracking process and found it ridiculous that I could track a pizza delivery much simpler than my $60k car.

It shouldn't be this difficult to get transparency from Ford, but if enough people tell them they've taken their business elsewhere because of it they'll have to make changes. I really hope you all enjoy your new purchases as much as I'm enjoying my MME, and will reach out to Ford for the good of everyone else still waiting on this board.
Thanks, man! I will follow your advice and email the Ford execs. It can't hurt, right? If they get enough of the same complaint, they might consider making some changes.

Gkabrown

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 1966 Mustang Fastback 2021 MachE FE Grey
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
My wait hasn’t been quite as long as yours, but I feel the exact same way.

Today I put a deposit down on a Polestar 2. Within 2 hours of paying my deposit I had and email from my sales rep at polestar with contact information and I had a 20 minute phone call with her and every one of my questions was answered. The process was made clear. It was clean and simple.

After finding out that my MME is still in Mexico, it’s likely I’m moving on as my MME will never make it to Denver in the remaining 20 days in my current window. I’ve been very grateful for everyone in this forums help. I’m just sorry I probably won’t be owning an MME. I just can’t stand the way Ford has handled itself communication wise. Issues are to be expected, but this poor of communication is inexcusable.
What dealership in Denver? Color?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
My thoughts:
From what I’ve seen, there isn’t an electric car on the market that ticks all my “wants”, but the Mustang Mach E is closest (key wants: NOT a Tesla, decent range, AWD, advanced driver assistance features, including limited hands-off capabilities, robust product support network, compatibility with the Apple ecosystem, miscellaneous functional features (decent audio system, auto-dining interior/exterior mirrors, heated/ventilated seats, heated steering wheel, advanced auto park (think Hyundai), driver-centric information displays, UX that doesn’t require diverting attention from driving for most functions (for example, robust voice commands, hard controls where it makes sense)).
I’ve never bought the launch year of a new auto. I know too many people in the auto industry to understand how tough it is to launch a totally new product. The Mustang Mach E is such a compelling proposition that I walked into it, eyes pretty wide open, expecting delays and first model year hiccups. Of course I didn’t expect COVID. Oh well.
I suspect that, had the Lincoln/Rivian vehicle panned out, that might have ticked more boxes, but it might have been out of the price range as well.
TheVW ID.4 was an alternative I would have considered until I investigated it more. The initial reviews are poor and the automation and other functionality is lacking.
Audi and Jaguar are hideously expensive and don’t have any path (that I can see) for driver assistance beyond lane keeping/centering and adaptive cruise control.
Cadillac Lyriq sounds very interesting on paper, but it’s also far away from being a reality and I doubt they’ll hit their schedule or price targets.
In the end, it was getting to be about time for me to stop with the liquified Dino powered vehicles, and the Mustang Mach E was the poke in the back I needed to dive into the electron pool. It should be here in a few weeks, then I can get to the serious work of modifying the front trunk to be a koi pond.?

OP
OP
theblueone

theblueone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Audi e-tron
Country flag
I very clearly understand what is going on. I’ve acknowledged there are issues beyond their control, and I don’t doubt that other car companies aren’t good at communication. I will hold them to the same standard I am holding Ford.

Mistakes happen, I can sympathize and easily forgive. But repeated mistakes in regards to communication, all 100% within their control, are not acceptable to me. I would expect my clients to hold me to the same standard. In any business relationship, communication is key if not the most important aspect of that relationship, even more so when problems occur.

I actually drive to work, my wife has to drive to work at times in very short notice. We need two cars, so actually knowing what is going on is important to me and my family.

It’s great that your proud of your company; it’s great that your proud of the Mach e. You should be, it a beautiful car and I want one quite badly. But practically speaking, the timing is not working out and maybe it could have if Ford had communicated with me. They let my vehicle sit in Mexico for an entire month while telling me it was in transit to Kansas City. They straight up lied to me. There’s no ambiguity in that statement. I was told it was in transit and then told on Friday, it never left Mexico. I have been up front with my dealer about my timelines every step of the way for 15 months since I first reserved. Ford has seen fit to not offer me the same courtesy and respect. I can live with the growing pains of a new vehicle, but not being lied to ultimately. I still hold out some small hole that maybe MME will make it first but I’m not holding my breath.
This is my take as well, I was happy to wait for over a year for the car, but the communication as the delivery dates approached and passed really pushed me over the edge.

To this day, I still don't know why my MME was retuned to Kansas in January, what they were looking for during that QC hold, if they found it on that vehicle, or how they made it right. A straight answer there, or even just an honest "we don't know how long it's going to take to get here, but we will let you know when we have more info" from the dealer would have gone a long ways.

I needed a larger car to be able to travel the way we want, and Ford missed the chance to provide me with that vehicle. They got a free pass when our road trip in February was cancelled due to Covid, but now another trip is looming and I couldn't wait any longer. If my reservation truly does arrive at the dealership this week, then I've jumped the gun and missed my chance to be an MME owner. Unfortunately, I've been told that "it's a week away" enough times now that I just wasn't ready to take that risk.

A forum user (who I will leave unnamed) has already asked me where they might be able to snag the car I had reserved, and I've given them all the info they need to ask the dealer about the specific vehicle. I hope they can get it, and I hope it serves them well. I want the MME to succeed, but I also needed a car/car purchasing experience with the kinks worked out now.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
If we are going to call things what they are then let's call them what they all. Ford finds a problem and issues a recall right and to fix it. Amazing. Tesla fights and fights and says well the part is not supposed to last past 5 years before finally saying they will fix it.

I do not mind anyone buying another BEV that is the point here and it's awesome. I do mind when things are not told truly or twisted to put misleading info about the mache here.

If you can't understand what is going on right now and the problems auto manufacturers are having then maybe not the right time for you.
Ford is trying very hard to get the mache to you.
Been following this thread for a while now. My impression on Ford communication: Pretty good considering the scale of things. You go on line and follow the progression of the process from reservation to order to build to delivery. Most of us have never had that much. My dealer experience has been pretty good too. A simple email to them when you have a question will get answered, at least that is my experience.

OP
OP
theblueone

theblueone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Audi e-tron
Country flag
Did you ever consider a 2020 Jaguar I Pace , there were some good buys out there for fully loaded models for 60K -65k. I got impatience in January with my Ford order and ended up getting one.
When my Ford dealer called that my Mach e was in we went down to test drive anyway and ended up buying it also. So now my wife has the Jag to drive
We looked at the I-pace, but the shape doesn't really do it for me. I get the same vibe off the Range Rover Evoque, and I know a lot of people like both cars but I just can't get excited about them.

Do you like the driving experience? How would you compare it to the MME? I hope they're both great for you two! The more EVs out there, the better.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My thoughts:
From what I’ve seen, there isn’t an electric car on the market that ticks all my “wants”, but the Mustang Mach E is closest (key wants: NOT a Tesla, decent range, AWD, advanced driver assistance features, including limited hands-off capabilities, robust product support network, compatibility with the Apple ecosystem, miscellaneous functional features (decent audio system, auto-dining interior/exterior mirrors, heated/ventilated seats, heated steering wheel, advanced auto park (think Hyundai), driver-centric information displays, UX that doesn’t require diverting attention from driving for most functions (for example, robust voice commands, hard controls where it makes sense)).
I’ve never bought the launch year of a new auto. I know too many people in the auto industry to understand how tough it is to launch a totally new product. The Mustang Mach E is such a compelling proposition that I walked into it, eyes pretty wide open, expecting delays and first model year hiccups. Of course I didn’t expect COVID. Oh well.
I suspect that, had the Lincoln/Rivian vehicle panned out, that might have ticked more boxes, but it might have been out of the price range as well.
TheVW ID.4 was an alternative I would have considered until I investigated it more. The initial reviews are poor and the automation and other functionality is lacking.
Audi and Jaguar are hideously expensive and don’t have any path (that I can see) for driver assistance beyond lane keeping/centering and adaptive cruise control.
Cadillac Lyriq sounds very interesting on paper, but it’s also far away from being a reality and I doubt they’ll hit their schedule or price targets.
In the end, it was getting to be about time for me to stop with the liquified Dino powered vehicles, and the Mustang Mach E was the poke in the back I needed to dive into the electron pool. It should be here in a few weeks, then I can get to the serious work of modifying the front trunk to be a koi pond.?
Just a note, seats are not ventilated just perforated. ;) But for the rest I do agree and from what I've been reading in another post, lots of goodies to discover.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Is ford doing everything perfectly? nope. Can they do better yes.
Few things I would like to say. Yep have a reservation for the ID4 and Had one for the Polestar 2.
WHY? I wanted to test them out. Just like I have with the model y.

Here it is With the ID4 no word from them about the delay they are having no word on anything. Want to see proof? well, they haven't sent anything. one call in 8 months just one call from the dealer. Signed up for the test drive coming up.
I reserved an ID4 for my wife the day it was announced. I've received ZERO contact from the dealer. Not to confirm my order, not to let me know it was in production, not to let me know it was on the water. All 3 emails I've received have been semi-automated direct from VW. I honestly don't even know if my dealer even knows I exist lol.

My Mach E experience hasn't been much better, and actually might be even worse since I've purchased 3 Ford's from my dealer and have texted and emailed the internet sales guy (very infrequent response), and the GM (ZERO response). Once again, all I've received in the form of updates has been automated from Ford corporate emails.

Could VW and Ford be doing more? Absolutely. But I think the biggest issue is with the dealer model for now. They don't seem to like the online ordering or electric vehicles in general ?‍♂
Sponsored