So many issues with Mach-E? A bit disappointed!

CarboFE

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE Carbonized Grey
Country flag
FWIW in re WiFi connectivity. I finally connected today on a tip from CSR Emiliano at eero.
My home is running FiOS with an eero mesh system, 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz bonded to a single SSID. It's been up for a couple years with dozens of devices online with no issues. MME would accept valid password, but could not connect. (MME connected fine at local Starbucks parking lot.) Tried separating bands which did not work. Emiliano noted I was using an SSID with a special character, a hyphen, and had me set up a clean guest account w/o special characters, and...BINGO! :)
Thanks for posting a new tip regarding Wifi. I still have not been able to get my home wifi to connect. I have been successful in connecting to my phone as a hotspot and to a retailer's guest network, but not at home. I have a multi access point Ubiquiti setup (including one in the garage) with a unified SSID for both bands.

I have tried the following, with no luck:
- Separated 2.4 from 5.0
- No password.
- Isolated a 2.4 SSID to only be on the garage access point.
- Changed the Mach-E keyboard to US English.
- No special characters in the SSID

Anything else I can try or at least a direction for my network guy look into?
Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for posting a new tip regarding Wifi. I still have not been able to get my home wifi to connect. I have been successful in connecting to my phone as a hotspot and to a retailer's guest network, but not at home. I have a multi access point Ubiquiti setup (including one in the garage) with a unified SSID for both bands.

- Separated 2.4 from 5.0
- No password.

Does anyone know the client name when it pops up?

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Job 1 Mach-e/X
Country flag

- Separated 2.4 from 5.0
- No password.

Grasping at straws but how about setting up a guest account with a new SSID? (I used "MME.") Have no clue why this should work, Bill, but... (and, of course, reboot modem and Ubiquiti if this doesn't work initially)

Last edited:

ToddH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E RWD X Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not in the slightest, for me anyway.

I don't even want to go to the dealer to pick the car up, let alone to bring it back for service. I ordered Mach-E on the promise of an all-online purchase experience (not ready yet)...
I'm not sure why you can't have the MME delivered. My dealer claims they will deliver it to me (I talked to them last week about it). I'm already getting some mobile service at my home for my Fusion Energi and my motor home built on a Ford Transit. My guess is that there are some Ford problems and some Ford dealer problems. Ford dealer problems may be dealer specific and not system wide.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They need to work on this wifi thing. It shouldn't be this hard and this finicky.
These two popped up and both bear one of the mac addresses shown in about sync under system updates. Can not say if it works well yet as no update. Asus Dark Knight. Helps with what you are looking for.

Ford Mustang Mach-E So many issues with Mach-E? A bit disappointed! Untitled-1

Mine
Ford Mustang Mach-E So many issues with Mach-E? A bit disappointed! Untitled-2

Not mine

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
how much testing if any was done in extremely low temperatures for the mach-e ?

or is the question - how low was the temp for the mach-e during testing with low temps?
Ford has a test facility in Michigan's Upper Peninsula where they do winter driving tests. The temperature up there easily gets down to -20 F during the winter. Ford also uses laboratory testing to get temps down to -40 F.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
how much testing if any was done in extremely low temperatures for the mach-e ?

or is the question - how low was the temp for the mach-e during testing with low temps?
Prototypes were also spotted in Alaska (by a member of the forums here).

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
These two popped up and both bear one of the mac addresses shown in about sync under system updates. Can not say if it works well yet as no update. Asus Dark Knight. Helps with what you are looking for.

Mine

Not mine
So that's your current Sync 4 version info? If so, it seems you have older software than others like myself. Here's my current version info:
Ford Mustang Mach-E So many issues with Mach-E? A bit disappointed! IMG_0505_LI

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
Not in the slightest, for me anyway.

I don't even want to go to the dealer to pick the car up, let alone to bring it back for service. I ordered Mach-E on the promise of an all-online purchase experience (not ready yet), PAAK (not working reliably yet), 150 kW DCFC (no preconditioning yet, so not really existent yet), and full OTA capability (not working yet, hence the "bring it back to the dealer" update FSA from last week).

I'm nervous about buying this car. I'm getting really really nervous.

If the trains would have sped up maybe I wouldn't be panicking and I'd have the car by now.
You seem to have made an uninformed purchase decision.
  • Ford not only never promised an all-online purchase experience, but they also force you to pick a dealer when placing the online order.
  • I do not know where you got the ideal that there would not be a charge curve associated with charging the Mach-E, since not just every other EV, but every other battery powered devise has one. Precondemning reflects the current state-of-the-art across the industry.
  • I think you do not understand how OTA are supposed to work. They do not replace dealer problem analysis repair.
Also, why do you feel that PAAK is not reliable?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
PaaK is not great for me because the app will freeze on my iPhone and then I'll have to fish my phone out of my pocket, restart the app, wait for it to connect to Bluetooth, etc.

But I actually came here to say that I heard the buzzing noise from the screen. It only happened when the car was plugged in to charge, so I'm not sure if others here were experiencing the same thing or if it was buzzing while the car was in motion. It doesn't bother me since I'm not going to be sitting in my car while it's charging.
Sponsored