Software Gremlins: "Drive mode not available"

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium Extended
Country flag
The car wouldn't let me set a drive mode. I happen to notice it was in Engage when I had previously set it for Unbridled. When I went to change it back, it wouldn't take it. And then when I tried over and over again, it gave me an error message, "Drive Mode Not Available." I was fully stopped and also tried in Park to change it, but nothing. So when I stopped and parked, I turned the car off and then back on again and voila, fixed. It's working now, but just wondering what, if anything, might have caused this?

IMG_9566.JPG
Sponsored

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
Okay, this just started happening to me after I got the 4.1.2 update. It's happened twice now. I see that you do not have 4.1.2. My message came up while driving but it's unclear if you were driving or stopped when it came up for you. The first time it happened, I could select the other drive modes, then after that I was able to select Unbridle(d) again. The second time it happened, I had to turn the car off then back on to get it allow me to change modes again.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I had this same problem intermittently. It appears to be weather related. its a known problem.

OP
OP
PhillyYa

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium Extended
Country flag
This also happened to me and I don’t have 4.1.2. I’m on 3.5.3.3.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I just had this happen this afternoon. Was in whisper mode, bluecruise down the highway at 65mph on a sunny 59deg day. 4.1.2.

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
This has happened to me about 5 times in the last 2 months. I've had the car just under 2 months. Wtf.

logcat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This has been happening since I purchased my vehicle a month ago. I'm still behind on updates and it never goes away.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
This happened to me three times in the past month. Usually it self-recovers within 5 to 10 minutes.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
First time yesterday afternoon as I was pulling into my driveway.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Software Gremlins: "Drive mode not available" Drive_mode

I don't know if its a "display" issue only...or if your drive mode has actually been deselected...leaving you in no mode at all?

There were no other instrument panel indications of anything wrong.

I shut the car off and turned it back on after about 10 seconds and it all came back to the "Unbridle" (sic) mode I was in before. I didn't have to select it.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I received "Drive Mode not available" last night for the first time in my 6+ months of ownership. I had completed a 30 minute drive in 40F dry weather and was parked with car still on (waiting to pick someone up). No other symptoms or messages.

Not sure if it's related, but I've had 4.1.2 for about a week.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I just had this happen this afternoon. Was in whisper mode, bluecruise down the highway at 65mph on a sunny 59deg day. 4.1.2.
For folks still getting this bug, do a Sync reboot (Vol down + next track for 10sec). This immediately resolved the issue for me and it hasn't reappeared in the 2 weeks since.

logcat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
For folks still getting this bug, do a Sync reboot (Vol down + next track for 10sec). This immediately resolved the issue for me and it hasn't reappeared in the 2 weeks since.
I've tried rebooting multiple times, the only time drive modes are selectable are when I'm on a charger. As soon as I actually start to drive, I always get "Drive mode not available"

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
This has also happened to me twice since I got 4.1.2. First time was on the same trip that the update installed so I wrote it off to that, but it happened again this week. Its definitely a new bug in their newer software versions.
Sponsored