Something unusual happened today...

Snowbolster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx 350
Country flag
I was standing at a light where a Model Y driver pulled and stood next to me, normally my Mach-E garners no attention from the gazilion Teslas here in the bay, but this guy who was an older gentleman looked at me and gave me the thumbs up.

First thumbs up from a Tesla driver!

Just made me feel good so wanted to share. Anyone else got any positive gestures from Tesla drivers on the road?
Sponsored

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I've had two thumbs up from model 3 drivers in my 3 months of ownership. Most don't even notice the car though.

jdk22

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, First Edition rapid red
Occupation
retired (it's great)
Country flag
I was standing at a light where a Model Y driver pulled and stood next to me, normally my Mach-E garners no attention from the gazilion Teslas here in the bay, but this guy who was an older gentleman looked at me and gave me the thumbs up.

Just made me feel good so wanted to share. Anyone else got any positive gestures from Tesla drivers on the road?
I was at a DEED event (drive electric earth day) and the organizer drove a Tesla, but she put me at the prime spot since my Mach E was new. Also, there was a lot of camaraderie among all the EV owners. I really appreciated that.

@kWhpony

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired technology professional
Country flag
Went out as a single golfer yesterday morning and parked across the aisle from a model Y. As I was loading up my cart, the owner came back to his car to retrieve something and commented that he liked the vehicle.

Turns out I was paired with him and his buddy so on the way back to the parking lot after the round, I took the opportunity to sit inside a Tesla for the first time.

For a first time electric vehicle owner, our MME is a nice transition between ICE and EV vehicles. Our steering wheel controls and door controls are still there compared to the minimalist controls in the Tesla. But those model Y seats were definitely more comfortable than the MME.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I'm pretty active on Twitter using the same name as here. That gets me a lot of attention from Tesla fans. To be fair, most are actually nice. They still prefer their Tesla but welcome me to the EV community. I just got invited today to a Tesla meetup this weekend.

But there is also a significant number that are just delusion about their Teslas. They will argue that the Mach-E is slow, out-dated, can't charge, the range sucks, CoPilot sucks, BlueCruise with suck even more, and it's ugly.

What I think is really interesting is that if I post about a successful charging session, they ignore it. But if I post about a charging failure, they like it, retweet it, reply like crazy.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

I waved at a Model Y stopped waiting for me to go by on a one-lane bridge (I had the right of way). It was a white model y (duh) and they waved back. Ok, it was my next-door neighbor and that's why I waived. But does that count?

T_to the_A

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang V6 Red Candy Metallic, 2021 Mach-e Premuim AWD St Range Shadow Black
Occupation
I sell wine
Country flag
Model Y exiting a parking garage right as I got to my car. Guy knew exactly what I was about to get into, no airs or drama from him. Very complimentary. He and his wife stopped and we had a quick chat about EV cars and how enjoyable they are.
Maybe a Seattle thing? Seems here about 1 of 5 rides is an Elon car...

@kWhpony

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired technology professional
Country flag
I'm pretty active on Twitter using the same name as here. That gets me a lot of attention from Tesla fans. To be fair, most are actually nice. They still prefer their Tesla but welcome me to the EV community. I just got invited today to a Tesla meetup this weekend.

But there is also a significant number that are just delusion about their Teslas. They will argue that the Mach-E is slow, out-dated, can't charge, the range sucks, CoPilot sucks, BlueCruise with suck even more, and it's ugly.

What I think is really interesting is that if I post about a successful charging session, they ignore it. But if I post about a charging failure, they like it, retweet it, reply like crazy.
Sounds like the same type of feud between Apple & Microsoft devotees but that's declined over the years once Microsoft accepted that Apple devices aren't going away and now their software runs on them seamlessly.

Full disclosure, I'd rather work on a PC but own both an iPhone and iPad. And yes, the best job I've had in my career was at Microsoft.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Tribalism is strong in the fanbois.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Sounds like the same type of feud between Apple & Microsoft devotees but that's declined over the years once Microsoft accepted that Apple devices aren't going away and now their software runs on them seamlessly.

Full disclosure, I'd rather work on a PC but own both an iPhone and iPad. And yes, the best job I've had in my career was at Microsoft.
Or going back to the Camaro and Mustang rivalry. That type of stuff I get when you try to claim which one is better. What I don't get are the efforts to claim the other is just absolute trash or personal insults. I've also been accused of lying when I say I got more than the EPA estimated range or had no issues at a charging station. I've even posted pics and video of that and they say it must be staged or fake. I wish people understood that my enjoyment of the Mach-E does not detract from their Model Y.

But again, many have been really cool. Earlier this month I ran a fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and had several donations from those Tesla fans. One even donated $500. For most of them (and us), we still realize they are just cars and there are more important things.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Or going back to the Camaro and Mustang rivalry. That type of stuff I get when you try to claim which one is better. What I don't get are the efforts to claim the other is just absolute trash or personal insults. I've also been accused of lying when I say I got more than the EPA estimated range or had no issues at a charging station. I've even posted pics and video of that and they say it must be staged or fake. I wish people understood that my enjoyment of the Mach-E does not detract from their Model Y.

But again, many have been really cool. Earlier this month I ran a fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and had several donations from those Tesla fans. One even donated $500. For most of them (and us), we still realize they are just cars and there are more important things.
Back when I had the F-250 I was working on contract at GM (yup! GASP!).

One of the GM guys had a get together at his lake house. Partway through the afternoon I hear a loud "WHO PARKED THAT FORD IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE?" I own up to it and get "Have to respect the competition--its a good truck" LOL

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Back when I had the F-250 I was working on contract at GM (yup! GASP!).

One of the GM guys had a get together at his lake house. Partway through the afternoon I hear a loud "WHO PARKED THAT FORD IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE?" I own up to it and get "Have to respect the competition--its a good truck" LOL
Back in the ‘90s I met a friend through dogs (yes hunting Poodles). Her husband worked for Dodge. He was one of the honchos in the Viper Racing program. His daily drivers were a ‘70 GTO and a ‘68 SS Scumaro. She drove a Dodge minivan.
Sponsored