CrowTheory

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Brand new 2022 GT in Ice Blue Silver owner here. Any rumors or expectations for 2022 software update features? I used BlueCruise for the first time yesterday and it worked flawlessly, albeit, a little scary at first. Any rumors as to what else is coming?
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The next big round of updates should apply to all cars. Probably looking mid to late summer for that release though.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
The next big round of updates should apply to all cars. Probably looking mid to late summer for that release though.
Job 1 cars are still lagging behind on the frunk release -- which I think Job 2 cars already have.

But once Job 1 cars are at feature-parity... software updates can hopefully be a bit easier.

OP
OP
CrowTheory

CrowTheory

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Any ideas on what it might include? I've never had a car with software updates so kinda exciting to think about the possibilities...

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Any ideas on what it might include? I've never had a car with software updates so kinda exciting to think about the possibilities...
The main thing I am aware of right now is a lot of performance improvements with the Sync system.

SFenton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I believe on-the-record we have BlueCruise will eventually be able to switch lanes itself if you pull the turn signal, and we're supposedly getting a Sync UI refresh in the fall- but I wouldn't take anything as a guarantee to hit this year (and given the BC rollout, who knows when that update will take?)

For me, I think I want snappier UI and gradual, incremental, but noticeable updates in BlueCruise usage and comfort. Auto-lane switching is a good start; the building blocks towards being able to navigate from one highway to another while using some sort of navigation would be nice too. I'm... doubtful we'll see anything like the suite that Tesla offers for FSD in the current regiment of cars. Even GM is saying that Ultra Cruise (their souped up version of Super Cruise, their implementation of BC) isn't hitting until at least next year on a new fleet of vehicles.

OP
OP
CrowTheory

CrowTheory

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I believe on-the-record we have BlueCruise will eventually be able to switch lanes itself if you pull the turn signal, and we're supposedly getting a Sync UI refresh in the fall- but I wouldn't take anything as a guarantee to hit this year (and given the BC rollout, who knows when that update will take?)

For me, I think I want snappier UI and gradual, incremental, but noticeable updates in BlueCruise usage and comfort. Auto-lane switching is a good start; the building blocks towards being able to navigate from one highway to another while using some sort of navigation would be nice too. I'm... doubtful we'll see anything like the suite that Tesla offers for FSD in the current regiment of cars. Even GM is saying that Ultra Cruise (their souped up version of Super Cruise, their implementation of BC) isn't hitting until at least next year on a new fleet of vehicles.
Really appreciate the response! Edit: Automatic lane changing would be epic.

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
My guess is that we will all get updated to essentially feature parity and hopefully see some improvements and features added in H2. Job 2's have had some features since the beginning that Job 1's are now getting. However, Job 2's haven't had a SYNC update yet so are behind on some features such as being able to use the new Apple Maps features. I'm not sure what 2022's are shipping with as I've tuned out with all of the attention to BC.

ElectrifyCLT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT- Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
Two main wish list items for me:

1: On the gauge cluster or elsewhere, more data. Battery Temps, Charge rate, etc. Taycan leads the pack on this front IMO
2: Improved thermal management, unlocking better performance and DCFC charge rates. Kyle on Out of Spec said the current throttling of charge/discharge algorithm is on amps in/out of the battery as opposed to actual temperatures. I'd love to see Ford dive in to active thermal management and flip the algorithm from one that imputes temperatures to one that actually goes off temperature itself (TBD if we have the right temp sensor hardware in the right spots on the current car to do this).

Last edited:

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag

Flashdog99

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT 2022
Country flag
Brand new 2022 GT in Ice Blue Silver owner here. Any rumors or expectations for 2022 software update features? I used BlueCruise for the first time yesterday and it worked flawlessly, albeit, a little scary at first. Any rumors as to what else is coming?
If they are doing a complete UX redesign as stated then I would like to see the Cards removed and split the screen between Radio and Map (either car play or native nav). There is plenty of room to show both at once.

I would also like to see a Sirius list with currently playing songs, both for favorites and all stations.

I would move the range and miles/kw to the drivers dashboard.
Thanks.

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
"That new charger-locator interface will eventually come to the Mustang Mach-E, which is due for a major software update later this year that will refresh the entire interface displayed on the screens in the car. Farley likens it to an iPhone update, saying “the whole UX is going to change.”

https://www.theverge.com/2022/4/26/23042056/f-150-lightning-ford-ev-jim-farley
Sponsored