Software update speculation and wish list.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I suspect without evidence that dashboard customization would have to be limited for legal reasons, especially since there are no analog gauges - meaning for example you'd have to have a speedometer of some sort, for example. I could see a current-for-Ford set of left and right widgets, for example, while keeping the middle portion much more locked down.
Yep, just a wish list...
Sponsored

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Perhaps assemble would be more appropriate than build. I don't want to be responsible for code running in my car any more than Ford wants me to be. There's a reason for the request though, allow me to explain.

Wouldn't it be a great diagnostic tool for you or a service technician to be able to capture real world driving characteristics in the unlikely event something goes wrong with the car. I can think of numerous times being frustrated that a dealership couldn't replicate the problem on their "Road Test".

OP
OP
SashaLondon

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Oh just thought of a massive one for me. To be able to Apple Play my videos onto the screen. Watching anything like BBC iplayer or youtube I would like to stream it on the large screen.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
This is my wish list.
Build date - W/C 11 January 2021
Gate release date - W/C 18 January 2021
Shipping Date - W/C 25 January 2021
Port of arrival date ( hopefully Southampton as it is closest to me) - W/C 1 March 2021
Delivery to dealer - W/C 22 March 2021
PDI and handover, job done

Now IF these dates could be brought forward a little that would be tremendous but I have allowed for a bit of leeway. In my past experience cars can take up to three weeks from arrival at port to dealer but I would imagine (hope) that this will not be the case this time.

? ? ? ?????????

guyofthesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt and MME GT, ICE F-150.
Occupation
airplane driver
Country flag
With the news of Ford looking at a more google model of making money from the software and also over the air updates. I think that there will be lots of software updates like Tesla.
What do you want to see and what could be coming?

Definite.
Autopilot $1400

Wish list
Launch control
Netflix
YouTube
Driving stats
I would like a much more realistic range estimation, real time display of miles/kwhr, and the ability to override the route that Ford demands, when it doesn't think that (based upon an overly pessimistic range estimation) the car can go directly to the destination without a DCFC stop.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The camera screen automatically comes on when the parking proximity sensors start beeping, which is great. But I think they only start beeping at something like 12-18" from an object. It would be great if the camera screen came on when like 5 feet of an object. The 360 camera in particular is cool for pulling into the garage, or a parking lpt space between other vehicles. But it comes on too late. And it's a pain to drill into the menus to turn it on manually.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
The camera screen automatically comes on when the parking proximity sensors start beeping, which is great. But I think they only start beeping at something like 12-18" from an object. It would be great if the camera screen came on when like 5 feet of an object. The 360 camera in particular is cool for pulling into the garage, or a parking lpt space between other vehicles. But it comes on too late. And it's a pain to drill into the menus to turn it on manually.
Yup, I don't have the tolerance to get close enough to trigger the front facing cameras with such a long hood blocking forward visibility of garage items (wheelbarrow handle, etc.) so I have to stop short, dig through the menus, and then pull the cameras up. A hotkey would be nice.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yup, I don't have the tolerance to get close enough to trigger the front facing cameras with such a long hood blocking forward visibility of garage items (wheelbarrow handle, etc.) so I have to stop short, dig through the menus, and then pull the cameras up. A hotkey would be nice.
A hotkey would be better than nothing, but seems like an easy OTA to just have it "look further" to trigger the camera. We know the camera/sensors can look that far, since they're used on the road for adaptive cruise control and pre-crash detection, looking many yards ahead.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When there's a charging schedule set (as most people likely will for overnight charging), there needs to be a pop-up on the car screen when plugging in asking if the driver wants a "Charge Now Override". The app will do that (there's a "Charge to 100%" button), but the app is flaky and often annoying. There should also be a simply pop-up on the screen anytime someone plus in. The default would be No, of course, and the "Override" pop-up should just disappear after 2 minutes or something. But when wanting an override to change now, we should just be able to plug in and rech into the car and hit "Yes" to the override message.

Wigton761

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select
Country flag
A hotkey would be better than nothing, but seems like an easy OTA to just have it "look further" to trigger the camera. We know the camera/sensors can look that far, since they're used on the road for adaptive cruise control and pre-crash detection, looking many yards ahead.
To piggy back on this. The auto park button should be remappable to the cameras. I used the auto park exactly 0 times to actually park. Only to screw around.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
With the news of Ford looking at a more google model of making money from the software and also over the air updates. I think that there will be lots of software updates like Tesla.
What do you want to see and what could be coming?

Definite.
Autopilot $1400

Wish list
Launch control
Netflix
YouTube
Driving stats
What is “autopilot”?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
My cameras come on when I begin to pull into my garage. I have a one car garage, so the sides of the garage entrance trigger them. I rarely use them now, as I’ve learned visual cues and landmarks to “land” the Mustang Mach E on the deck perfectly every time ?

Tron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-E premium AWD STD - Infinite Blue
Country flag
I would like standby mode. Basically if I'm running into a store for a few minutes only, I don't want to shut off the car and then remote start it again. Instead, hit stand by, take your key with you, and the vehicle stays running for 15 mins...and requires the key to move back into run mode.
Sponsored