Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e California Route 1 AWD
Occupation
CTO, Software dev.
Country flag
I know this is an old thread. But here's mine.
  • Disable honk when car is left on and I leave the car. I have to drop 2 kids of a 2 different schools. The kid I leave in the car likes to have the radio left on. When I do that, the car honks loud at me right when I am by the frunk. Not a great way to start the day. To stop that, I COULD leave the keys/phone in the car. But that is far more dangerous because then the car can be driven. Even replacing it with a phone notification would be better.
  • Dog mode.
  • The way the cameras work drive me insane. I'll be parking in my garage and hit the brakes for a second to come to a complete stop before wanting to inch up. At that point, the camera sometimes turns off and doesn't turn back on! It's wild. If the car's speed is less than like 5mph and any object is detected, the camera should always be on. Honestly I'd be surprised if this wasn't a bug.

Thought I'd start a thread for items that we wish Ford would change/improve in future updates. This isn't for reporting things that are not working right, but rather things that could be designed better, or added as an enhancement.

I'll start it off with the heated seat interaction on the screen. It's way cuter than it needs to be, to the point of being a bit cumbersome. There's only 4 setpoints (OFF-1-2-3). There's no need for that slide bar when there's so few choices. You have to touch multiple spots on the screen (not always easy when driving), and it's not always easy to land on the spot you want.

It would be much better if changed to the same as the AUTO (Climate) button that has the 3 dots on it. Just touch one spot to cycle between OFF-1-2-3.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Would be great if Ford also offered option of using the front and back cameras as dashcams while driving, written to cloud. It only has to record last 15-30 min of driving and then footage can get overwritten. I’d be willing to pay a subscription for this, will also be an additional revenue stream for Ford. You’re welcome Ford. Also include option to select recording motion around car when car parked (In public space).
Just curious - why would you want to record 3 feet of mostly pavement behind and in front of your car?
Hop into your car sometime, then turn on the 360 parking view and decide if that would be a valuable view to have saved while driving.
Many people don’t understand the view these cameras have or how much of the image is distorted and synthetic.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
I just got my car 1-1/2 weeks ago. The PAAK worked for a few times so i got confident about it. Went out for the day without the FOB. It worked for a few stops. Then for the journey home, it didn't connect anymore and I forgot to set a passcode (the dealer wanted me to but i was having a hard time thinking of what to put so i told him I'll set it later). Now PAAK doesn't want to connect anymore I haven't tried deleting the phone or reinstalling APP etc. Fuck it. I was already knowing about the PAAK before i got the car from here. Sucks because I liked opening the Frunk from it or trunk. I don't have the Frunk on the FOB.

I wish they gave us a way to set a car start code (not valet, but a permanent backup code) without enabling PAAK.

I don't like PAAK, so I keep it off and carry the fob like normal. PAAK sometimes interferes with fob dependability. I'm never turning PAAK on. Only thing I miss is having a car start code in case I lose the fob or it fails. I do have a door code set, but that only opens the door.

Bblattz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GT Rapid Red
Country flag
I just got my car 1-1/2 weeks ago. The PAAK worked for a few times so i got confident about it. Went out for the day without the FOB. It worked for a few stops. Then for the journey home, it didn't connect anymore and I forgot to set a passcode (the dealer wanted me to but i was having a hard time thinking of what to put so i told him I'll set it later). Now PAAK doesn't want to connect anymore I haven't tried deleting the phone or reinstalling APP etc. Fuck it. I was already knowing about the PAAK before i got the car from here. Sucks because I liked opening the Frunk from it or trunk. I don't have the Frunk on the FOB.
Story of my life…but so many will defend it on here. Just disappointing since it’s such a great feature otherwise. Definitely need to set and remember the codes - you’ll be using them a lot :)
P.s. double check the app that location is set to always in your phone. But even so this is fairly typical

Last edited:

jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag
Here's my list:
  1. Customizable dock where frequently accessed features like Camera are one press away.
  2. Option to auto-unlock doors when car is placed in park.
  3. Eliminate the temp and heated seat pop-ups; just tap up/down for temp and cycle through heated seats settings.
  4. Customizable drive mode - I'd like the ability to choose Whisper steering and damper setting with Engaged or Unbridled throttle response.
  5. Redesign of the instrument cluster so layout can be customized. Also, the warning/indicator "lights" are all on top of each other.
  6. Improve reliability of PAAK.
  7. Overall refinement of the center screen UI (wasted space, complicated navigation, hard to find features, etc).
  8. Lane change in Blue Cruise (coming I hear).
  9. Putting car in Park automatically sets parking brake.
  10. More refinement in OPD (smoother stop/go, less touchy brake pedal).
Sponsored