First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
I would add to the list:
  • Increase contrast of color scheme on the center screen in unbridled (very difficult to see, for example, if random or repeat buttons on USB player are engaged; contrast in whisper and engaged is much better),
  • Fix the random one pass wipes over a dry windshield (there have been several posts about that),
  • Fix the "This Trip" computer to reset distance traveled (many posts that this is sporadic)

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Eliminate that messy seat heater slide bar altogether and just make it a single 1-2-3-OFF button. That thing is so annoying when you're driving because you have to take your eyes off the road multiple times, and find the right spot to hit while bouncing around.

Making the single button along the bottom row do it all would be so much better. It's easy to anchor against the edge of the screen and just hit that button multiple times to cycle through.

They tried to get too fancy and made it so much worse.

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
Eliminate that messy seat heater slide bar altogether and just make it a single 1-2-3-OFF button.
Did you just reply to a thread 8 months after you started it with the same suggestion? ?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you just reply to a thread 8 months after you started it with the same suggestion? ?
I knew I heard it somewhere! ?

Been so long I forgot. Maybe if I keep repeating it every 8 months, Ford will include it in an OTA. :cool:

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What do you do with the automatic option? I dont use it but maybe someone do? ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Wish List for OTA Changes/Enhancements 63D2207A-9A54-4062-90B1-76AD465D1D88
Ford Mustang Mach-E Wish List for OTA Changes/Enhancements 63D2207A-9A54-4062-90B1-76AD465D1D88
I've never used it either. Keep forgetting it's even there. Should be easy to add that to the cycle (1-2-3-A-Off).

Or at least move it above the slide bar instead of below it so that OFF is closer to the bottom where our finger is already anchored. The main time I'm using that button is to turn the seat heaters Off after I've remote started the car. The seat heater is great for preheating a cold seat, but I don't particularly like it once the seat isn't cold anymore. And invariably, I'm always looking to turn it off a minute into the drive. Bottom line is I just wish it were easier to hit OFF without having to press two separate spots on the screen while driving.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Because Sync4 takes so long to fully boot up (30+ seconds, like a cell phone), we could really use an option to turn on Accessory Mode as soon as the driver door button is pushed to open it.

That way it would utilize those 10-20 seconds it takes to open the door, crawl in, and put the seat belt on. By then the apps and phone connection would be almost ready to go.

That's proving to be one of the annoying things right now -- waiting half a minute for everything to load after hitting Start.
I'm gonna push this one one more time, and add the thought of having it trigger the Sync boot sequence even sooner from fob or PAAK proximity (and at worst, driver door open). Sync is still taking a long 45-60 seconds to fully load, including Android Auto and SiriusXM. It's so annoyingly slow. Just getting a 20-30 head start before crawling into the car would make a HUGE difference.

I don't even care if the screen doesn't come on during that "pre-boot" trigger. I just want the computer behind it to start it's boot sequence earlier so that by the time I'm seated and hit the START button, everything is working and ready to go like I am (or at least only has another few seconds to go, not 45-60).

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What do you do with the automatic option? I dont use it but maybe someone do? ?
I use it and actually like it. It adjusts the setting automatically based on cabin temp. So if you pre-start or when you first get in on a cold day, it ramps all the way up and then gradually goes back down. Also starts automatically on pre-start regardless of your settings. I suppose if your own preferences are other than what has been programmed, you may find it too hot/not warm enough but for me it makes the seat warmers another "set it and forget it" function, which I really like.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I'm gonna push this one one more time, and add the thought of having it trigger the Sync boot sequence even sooner from fob or PAAK proximity (and at worst, driver door open). Sync is still taking a long 45-60 seconds to fully load, including Android Auto and SiriusXM. It's so annoyingly slow. Just getting a 20-30 head start before crawling into the car would make a HUGE difference.

I don't even care if the screen doesn't come on during that "pre-boot" trigger. I just want the computer behind it to start it's boot sequence earlier so that by the time I'm seated and hit the START button, everything is working and ready to go like I am (or at least only has another few seconds to go, not 45-60).
the system should be loading when they play the animation. As You have in a phone app.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
the system should be loading when they play the animation. As You have in a phone app.
I assume it is, and that the animation is just fluff going on simultaneously. Or at least I would hope.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And another wish -

On remote start when plugged in, the charge times/target charge levels should be overridden (or at least an option to override). Now, if I start the car while plugged in at home (90% target charge, charge between 10 pm - 7 am), I have to first go to the charge settings and "charge now" and then start or the car won't pull power from the charger while warming up.

ahg

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E 4x 2014 Accord V6
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Here's two more, both involving the Walkaway Lock.

Change the sound from the annoying horn beep to a gentler chirp. Or add an option for either choice (OFF-CHIRP-HORN). The horn is way too loud and obnoxious, especially in a garage.

And speaking of garages, there needs to be a GPS location exemption for home (like the custom charging location schedules) on the Walkaway Lock feature. This thing locks and unlocks every time I walk into my garage. And does it a dozen times if I'm actually doing work in the garage. I'm afraid I'm going to burn out the mechanisms from overuse.
I agree with both of these. Actually I would like the lock/unlock sequence reversed. Push the button to lock the car but have it unlock automatically when you pull on the little door handle thing.