TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In addition to that: If you get the California Route 1 the price hit on the big battery isn't $5k.
It's still "costs" $5k, but it's just in the form of loss of features (relative to the Premium).
Sponsored

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
I know there's often talk of battery life in terms of "cycles", but is it really cycles per se, or it is just a way to easily describe the total kWh drained and charged (i.e. 1000 cycles of a 70 kWh battery = 70,000 kWh run through it)?

In other words, for home L1 or L2 charging, is it really better on the battery to add 50 kWh in a single recharge every 5th day, and worse to just add 10 kWh every day? Or is it pretty much the same either way?
That question also relates to battery temperature. How controlled will the temperature be during fast L3 charging and more medium speed L2 240V charging. Will have to await an owners report.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I looked at the coast of California where I live and there are tons of charging stations, many of them free. My work also has free charging at almost every building. That is a plus for me.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I looked at the coast of California where I live and there are tons of charging stations, many of them free. My work also has free charging at almost every building. That is a plus for me.
Yep. The advantage of Cali being at the forefront of EV tech and being in a State that is green friendly. We're pretty set.
Sponsored