First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
So I just picked up my GT 2 days ago and my app on my phone does not show all the other options like opening the frunk. How do I update the app since all I have is a button to honk the horn and turn on the lights?
Have you set up Phone as a Key? You might need to do that in order to get extra functions like these:

Ford Mustang Mach-E SSM 50213 - FordPass App Frunk Button - Failure To Open Message Screenshot_20211021-205520

Notice that mine are grayed out... The buttons are disabled anytime PaaK doesn't have a Bluetooth connection to the vehicle.

I don't have the frunk open button since electronic frunk open isn't enabled on my vehicle yet.
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Have you set up Phone as a Key? You might need to do that in order to get extra functions like these:

Ford Mustang Mach-E SSM 50213 - FordPass App Frunk Button - Failure To Open Message Screenshot_20211021-205520

Notice that mine are grayed out... The buttons are disabled anytime PaaK doesn't have a Bluetooth connection to the vehicle.

I don't have the frunk open button since electronic frunk open isn't enabled on my vehicle yet.
I’ve never had the photo of my car show up anywhere on my account, app, website or anything. Same for my wife’s account too. It’s weird.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I’ve never had the photo of my car show up anywhere on my account, app, website or anything. Same for my wife’s account too. It’s weird.
It's okay though -- the one that vrooms and flashes its eyelashes is the only one that matters. :)

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's okay though -- the one that vrooms and flashes its eyelashes is the only one that matters. :)
Ha yeah, It doesn’t help my OCD though lol. It’s something in Ford’s backend I guess. Everything else with FordPass works ok though.

Dark Matter GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Country flag
I have a picture of my GT on the app, but only the horn and light button. I have very little interest in setting up and using Paak, so I guess I will not have that functionality on my phone until I change my mind or Ford changes theirs.

cvk71

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ, 1962 Ranchero,
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag

Here's what mine looks like. It says to set up phone as a key and I have which is really weird. I drove it to work today without the key so I know that I set it up. I have no idea what to do.

fordpass.jpg

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Here's what mine looks like. It says to set up phone as a key and I have which is really weird. I drove it to work today without the key so I know that I set it up. I have no idea what to do.

Ford Mustang Mach-E SSM 50213 - FordPass App Frunk Button - Failure To Open Message fordpass
Very odd. I don't know what's up with it. ?

I suppose you could try removing and reestablishing the key?? Or you might need to contact FordPass for support.

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
SSM 50213 - 2021 Mustang Mach-E - FordPass App Frunk Button - Failure To Open Message

Some 2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles that have had a body control module (BCM) update may show the Frunk button on their FordPass app. This button is not currently supported and using it will result in a Failure To Open message. Ford is working on an update to the software to activate this button that is expected via over the air (OTA) in late December of 2021. The software will update automaticallyif Vehicle Connectivity is turned ON. Inform the customer that they can continue to drive the vehicle. Contact the customer in January of 2022 to determine if they received the update. If the customer needs assistance, schedule a follow-upappointment. Monitor OASIS for updates.

END SSM

Ironically while it works on GT’s, sometimes it doesn’t work and I have to restart the app.
I was about to post this but I did a quick search before posting and found this. I was just told that there is a fix and to take my MME to the dealership and give them this SSM for them to look up so they can fix it.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was about to post this but I did a quick search before posting and found this. I was just told that there is a fix and to take my MME to the dealership and give them this SSM for them to look up so they can fix it.
Is it December 2021 yet?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If they look up this SSM, they will see the text posted in the OP. How will that help them fix it?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The update has not come yet. Nothing a dealer can do.

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
The update has not come yet. Nothing a dealer can do.
That is what I am saying. They told me my car got the update that was to be released. Since it didn't work, they are saying go to the dealer and have them use this SSM to fix it.

Original post was Oct 20, 2021. We are not past the update that was supposed to work. Perhaps they have updated it with a fix in the last 3 months?

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
If they look up this SSM, they will see the text posted in the OP. How will that help them fix it?
The update to fix this was pushed earlier this month and installed on my vehicle, per Ford. If it didn't take, perhaps they have updated the SSM to tell the dealer what steps to take to get it to work?
Sponsored