Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Yep, and they must have written the milage before shipping it because it's 6 miles less than when I took it in.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yep, and they must have written the milage before shipping it because it's 6 miles less than when I took it in.
You just earned yourself 6 more miles of warranty!

Does it buzz?

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Just a heads up, be careful if you claim this SSM as the IPC seems to be weeks to order and once they have your car they won’t give it back because the IPc is ordered with the current mileage, thus the dealer holds the car until they can get and install it. From what I was told ‘the guy that writes the mileage is hit and miss, mostly miss’
This my car has been parked at the dealer for over a couple weeks.
my car has been waiting for the IPC for a week and a half... how long in total did it take for the IPC to come in?

I'm trying to decide if I pick up the car and try again later or just ride this out.

Because the mileage is in the IPC, I see why they need to hold the car... but I don't understand why there is no realistic ETA (at least in my case) for the IPC to be updated. This is a case where that part needs a one day turn around.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
my car has been waiting for the IPC for a week and a half... how long in total did it take for the IPC to come in?

I'm trying to decide if I pick up the car and try again later or just ride this out.
Supposedly if they ordered it they don't give the car back. Supposedly. Due to the ability to write the milage to the new part. The tech did reprogram mine with as built.
I'd have to say it took ~ 20 days to get it.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Supposedly if they ordered it they don't give the car back. Supposedly. Due to the ability to write the milage to the new part. The tech did reprogram mine with as built.
I'd have to say it took ~ 20 days to get it.
I'm bringing my car in next week for half-shafts and headlight switch. I was going to have them replace the IPC while it's there, but I'm thinking I'll just skip it.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Yeah, had I known I'd have skipped it. And i forgot to have the headlight switch done. Oh well.

kf_man

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Country flag
My dealer, AutoNation Ford Bellevue, said the same thing. They can't order the part without having the car in their possession. My warranty is up at the end of March, so I'll probably do it, but I'm not looking forward to being without the car for weeks.

On the plus side they were able to order the HVBJB recall parts, so those are on their way. If they come in fast enough, I may be able to combine those two visits.

kf_man

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Country flag
My dealer, AutoNation Ford Bellevue, said the same thing. They can't order the part without having the car in their possession. My warranty is up at the end of March, so I'll probably do it, but I'm not looking forward to being without the car for weeks.

On the plus side they were able to order the HVBJB recall parts, so those are on their way. If they come in fast enough, I may be able to combine those two visits.
I just got the car back, it was pretty quick in my case. The bonus is that they also received the parts for my 23S56 recall, so both are done now. They ordered the parts for the recall on 2/21, but I couldn't leave the car for the IPC replacement. I dropped the car off on 3/8 for the IPC downtime and just picked the car up today (3/12). It's not ideal to have to leave the car, but it sounds like I got lucky and the downtime was minimal.

buddha34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium XR AWD
Country flag
Just had mine done (along with several other recalls, including the glass, which was a total nightmare https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ently-approaching-week-3-at-dealership.34643/)

The instrument panel was ordered, delivered, and installed within 48 hours of dropping the vehicle off.

It is 300% quieter than the original. I am thrilled. This was my biggest issue/constant annoyance with this car (for 3 years now!) and I am delighted, I would never normally have the radio off but I turned it off for a while to bask in the silence. Please don't hesitate if you have a 2021 that is buzzing.

kf_man

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Country flag
I didn't want to jump to conclusions, but after around a month I agree that it's much quieter and I don't even notice it anymore.
Sponsored