Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I bought a 2021 Premium standard range in early 21. I love the car but would like a bit more range and performance. I just realized the extended range boasts a better 0-60... something like a second better.

Has anyone driven a standard range versus an extended range, and is there a noticeable performance differenc?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I bought a 2021 Premium standard range in early 21. I love the car but would like a bit more range and performance. I just realized the extended range boasts a better 0-60... something like a second better.

Has anyone driven a standard range versus an extended range, and is there a noticeable performance differenc?

Thanks.
Yeah, about a sec faster in 0-60 time...

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You can compare stats on the Ford site.

GatorGrowl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-e Premium ER RWD
Country flag
The standard range LFP pack does better with being fully charged than the Extended NMC pack, but weighs more and produces less peak power. According to the Ford product guys, it’s intended for heavy daily use, being recharged more completely and more often.

The Extended pack produces more peak power and holds more power overall. It’s more for people who charge infrequently, like apartment dwellers.

As long as your daily commute is less than 80% of your total range, the only advantage the Extended pack gives you is a little more acceleration (and hence it’s a little more fun).

I drove both, and the RWD vs AWD had a much more noticeable difference than the standard vs extended pack.

I drive over 200 miles a day, so I went extended range RWD. If you are looking at RWD I’d go with either pack based on your daily needs. For the AWD model, I’d only go with the extended range pack.

Just my take of course.
Sponsored