Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E, 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Country flag
Does anyone have the dremel cutting guide printed that they could lend me? I'm in California and would cover any shipping costs (I can send pre-paid UPS label). I'm having the Stealth Hitch installed next week and would LOVE to provide the cutting guide to my installer. I'll then get the covers printed at a later date.
Sure thing. I'll send you a private message.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AEtherScythe

AEtherScythe

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Sr. IT/Product Architect; Enterprise and Cloud Manageability Engineering
Country flag
Does anyone have the dremel cutting guide printed that they could lend me? I'm in California and would cover any shipping costs (I can send pre-paid UPS label). I'm having the Stealth Hitch installed next week and would LOVE to provide the cutting guide to my installer. I'll then get the covers printed at a later date.
Hi, @MurphyDog, Your plan is solid if you can find the guide somewhere, but be advised that you'll still need to be prepared to loosen up the bolts to re-center the hitch around the cover that has the cutout for use when the hitch is installed. The bolts need to be re-torqued afterward -- it's an expensive torque wrench if you don't already have one laying around.
Please do carefully read the instructions about installation and centering the hitch over here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5847251

I suppose if your installer is very precise about centering the hitch left/right and forward aft, within the cutout, then you might get by in one go without having the benefit of the cover with the hole in the middle on hand to act as a guide. :-/

OP
OP
AEtherScythe

AEtherScythe

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Sr. IT/Product Architect; Enterprise and Cloud Manageability Engineering
Country flag
A few have asked, and unfortunately, I haven't found any "hobbyist" types that can print the cutting guide, due to its 340mm widest dimension. That part only needs to be PLA or PETG, so it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg even with commercial printers, unless they're only doing MJF process such as with nylon. Then it will still be costly. :S

The flexible covers (TPU 95A) may also be a challenge to get printed by a hobbyist type, due to the 288mm widest dimension. Many cap out at 250mm wide or less (especially if SLA / Resin process). Even my own high-end printer is rated for 300mm x 300mm, but it takes a lot of trickery to get this part to fit. :S

Good luck. Wish I had the time to print these off for people. Even if I did, it's the opportunity costs that are the problem as I have many other projects going and these parts occupy my main two printers for at least two full days. :S

ferris1369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler Rubicon, Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Is anyone able to send me a printed dremel cutting guide? I would cover shipping costs. I'm still looking for a commercial company to print the covers, but I figured why have that delay my install if I can source the cutting guide from someone who no longer needs it. Thanks!

Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E, 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Country flag
Is anyone able to send me a printed dremel cutting guide? I would cover shipping costs. I'm still looking for a commercial company to print the covers, but I figured why have that delay my install if I can source the cutting guide from someone who no longer needs it. Thanks!
I sent you a PM
Sponsored