Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Finally had my car back over a weekend to get mine installed. I have a premium 4X. So maybe the first non GT, on this thread at least. I did the install by myself so very few pics during the install. No problems at all on the fron aside from getting the 85ft-lbs on the lower bolt of the end links, my longer torque wrench wouldnā€™t fit in the wheel well so I had to use one that was very difficult to put enough leverage on.

E6D56E56-A883-4FB6-9923-AD132E043B77.jpeg

FB20D701-299C-4929-A980-FEDEF8496BED.jpeg

Holy crap. This made such an incredible difference, along with the rear bar. I am truly blown away, the car feels so much more planted and confident. I was only able to do a short test drive in the dark tonight, but it really was dramatically better. I would say definitely smoother but will find out more with some more driving. With some new tires, probably Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4ā€™s I think it will be a really fun drive.

I opted to go with the medium setting on both bars due to the narrower premium tires and feedback from you guys that got yours installed on your GTs. I might go stiffer on the front, but Iā€™ll probably wait for the new tires for that change.
I'm also interested in wanting to know if the front bar interfered with the water pump connector. I will be helping Anton (eidbanger) at the end of this month install both bars on his non-GT. He said Steeda sent him some washers or spacers to mount the pump bracket out a bit to keep the connector away from the front bar.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Clamp for rear power cable reinstalled:
0A05BB4B-5A69-4B33-A65E-9179F769C7D3.jpeg
haha I was staring at this for an embarrassingly long length of time going "huh why's his cabling running right to left when mine was running left to right?"

oh! I was only looking at mine upside down from under the car. Doh

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Can you speak about whether or not the front bar fit or put stress on the water pump connector?
I had a pretty good clearance around any other components across the width of the bar. I didnā€™t read through that part of the thread until this morning though. Iā€™ll have to take a look while the car is on the ground to double check the clearance around that connector.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
@markboris @Mach-Lee

Looks like my Job 1 premium AWD ER has plenty of clearance around the water pump connector. Which makes sense because the Steeda bar follows almost the exact same path as the Ford part.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. A6768F45-9574-4CD4-98BA-1A66A9082022

Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. 9DDD3989-6BF5-49EF-8A11-137FE4A50FEA

Last edited:

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@markboris @Mach-Lee

Looks like my Job 1 premium AWD ER has plenty of clearance around the water pump connector. Which makes sense because the Steeda bar follows almost the exact same path as the Ford part.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. 9DDD3989-6BF5-49EF-8A11-137FE4A50FEA

Thanks Tanner for the photos. Anton has a Job 2 car I believe so there might be a difference in the way that pump is mounted. In any case, I'm sure we'll figure it out and will report back after we get it installed.

Anton

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
MedTech Software Engineer.
Country flag
Looks like Tanner's pump location and orientation is the same as my Premium Job 2 AWDe. However, his bar looks to be translated back more. And it looks like it might clear the pump with the wheels of the ground, but can't exactly say.

@tannerk89, when you had the car on the lift and installed the front sway bar, was there any interference with the pump? Here's how mine looked at the shop when they were installing it. https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...way-bar-has-anyone-tried-it.20263/post-496357

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Looks like Tanner's pump location and orientation is the same as my Premium Job 2 AWDe. However, his bar looks to be translated back more. And it looks like it might clear the pump with the wheels of the ground, but can't exactly say.

@tannerk89, when you had the car on the lift and installed the front sway bar, was there any interference with the pump? Here's how mine looked at the shop when they were installing it. https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...way-bar-has-anyone-tried-it.20263/post-496357
No, I didnā€™t have any interference there at all. Iā€™ll check clearance with it lifted again tonight and take a picture.

However, I will need to make some adjustments to mine tonight. I heard a rubbing noise when going to full lock on the steering wheel and found that the sway bar was contacting the tie rod. I will shift back or go to softest hole tonight, unless someone sees something I did differently that I need to correct. @markboris looks like you may have a similar condition. Anyone else see any evidence of rubbing there @Mach-Lee @mkhuffman ? I see contact on both LH and RH tie rods.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. 2F1A9663-2763-4C55-BCD1-CE7FC8E7BB2C

Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. 17723019-BBC9-43D3-9FF8-C20B1B80BEC0

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
No, I didnā€™t have any interference there at all. Iā€™ll check clearance with it lifted again tonight and take a picture.

However, I will need to make some adjustments to mine tonight. I heard a rubbing noise when going to full lock on the steering wheel and found that the sway bar was contacting the tie rod. I will shift back or go to softest hole tonight, unless someone sees something I did differently that I need to correct. @markboris looks like you may have a similar condition. Anyone else see any evidence of rubbing there @Mach-Lee @mkhuffman ? I see contact on both LH and RH tie rods.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. 17723019-BBC9-43D3-9FF8-C20B1B80BEC0

I don't think I will be able to check that for a few days but I will definitely look at it to see if mine is doing that. You can also shift the sway bar five millimeters or so front to back which might move it away as well.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Or you could just grind the tip of the eyelet and slide the frame brackets a little to increase clearance since youā€™re using the stiffer setting. šŸ˜ŠšŸ©

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

My car is at my parents until a week from today. When I bring them to my home, I use their car as it is larger and they have a lot of stuff to bring. I don't remember hearing any nosies and I have driven well over 1000 miles since adding those bars. I'll check it out when I come back a week from today.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My car is at my parents until a week from today. When I bring them to my home, I use their car as it is larger and they have a lot of stuff to bring. I don't remember hearing any nosies and I have driven well over 1000 miles since adding those bars. I'll check it out when I come back a week from today.
To piggyback on what Mark said, I had my wheels off over the weekend and didnā€™t notice any signs of interference. I will try a few lock to lock turns of the wheel on the way home and look though. šŸ¤”šŸ©

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag

It did not clear with the wheels off the ground. I had contact. It was a pretty easy fix - I took off the water pump bracket and bent it to close the angle up. Hoses arenā€™t stressed and now I have clearance from that electrical bracket. The water pump bracket is held on by two 10mm Bolts and thereā€™s pretty easy access if you remove the diaper and go from below.
  • Remove clamp holding water pump to bracket, two 8mm screws
  • Remove two 10mm screws holding bracket to motor mount casting
  • Remove cable routing clip from water pump bracket
  • Bend bracket to somewhere around 90-115 deg
  • Reverse and install
  • Make sure none of the water pump hoses are rubbing anything sharp - thereā€™s a casting near the drivers wheel that could get close depending on orientation of pump
Before with wheels off ground:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. 749D49F3-1C79-4CAE-8C77-8EAC4146BDBC
Original bracket shape:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. B526EA53-D984-4B94-B8A1-6F3BCED3C037

After bend:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. 51E18383-F8C7-4A4E-9905-F486D92816D2

After fix:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. 132699B0-079A-433A-8E4E-ABD1E0F54D7D

Shifting the sway bar assembly all the way forward seems to have fixed my other issue with the sway bar rubbing the tie rod as well.

Anton

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
MedTech Software Engineer.
Country flag
It did not clear with the wheels off the ground. I had contact. It was a pretty easy fix - I took off the water pump bracket and bent it to close the angle up. Hoses arenā€™t stressed and now I have clearance from that electrical bracket. The water pump bracket is held on by two 10mm Bolts and thereā€™s pretty easy access if you remove the diaper and go from below.
  • Remove clamp holding water pump to bracket, two 8mm screws
  • Remove two 10mm screws holding bracket to motor mount casting
  • Remove cable routing clip from water pump bracket
  • Bend bracket to somewhere around 90-115 deg
  • Reverse and install
  • Make sure none of the water pump hoses are rubbing anything sharp - thereā€™s a casting near the drivers wheel that could get close depending on orientation of pump
Before with wheels off ground:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. 132699B0-079A-433A-8E4E-ABD1E0F54D7D
Original bracket shape:

After bend:

After fix:

Shifting the sway bar assembly all the way forward seems to have fixed my other issue with the sway bar rubbing the tie rod as well.
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Will have to do this same thing.

So you had to shift the sway bar forward on the bracket while on the stiffest setting? And are still clearing the pump?

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Will have to do this same thing.

So you had to shift the sway bar forward on the bracket while on the stiffest setting? And are still clearing the pump?
Iā€™m on the middle setting still, I plan on keeping that for the time being because it handles so well right now. I may play with it when I get new tires that have a little more grip.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
OK I guess I didnā€™t perform any full-lock cornering. I now have evidence of contact below centerline of the ends of the arms. I am going to do two things: Grind the tips of the arms to increase clearance, and shorten the end links to position the arms farther away from the tie rods. oh, and a third thing will be to find some paint that somewhat matches the barā€™s paint (unless Steeda wants to sport me a little paint). šŸ¤ŖšŸ©
Sponsored

Last edited: