sollymay

First Name
Salomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select RWD
Country flag
Not sure if someone else is on the same boat? I own a 2022 RWD Mach-e Select and updates were automatically done consistently around 1-2 weeks after the old wiki posted a new version.

i am stuck with 4.2.3 since Apr 1st and I know new versions have released.

is anyone else on the same boat? We are about to hit 2 months with no updates for me.

any advise?
Sponsored

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
any advise?
Sure. Don't worry about it.

Updates are as likely to break stuff as they are to improve things. Just let the updates come, or not come. Life is too short to spend any of it breathlessly waiting for generally pointless revisions to car software.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Howard

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select AWD DMG & '23 Premium RWD ER CG Mach E
Country flag
I'm in the same boat as OP with my 22 select; 4.2.3 downloaded on 3/31/23 but have not seen anything since. I had my dealership's Service Manager look in FDRS about a month ago and he said nothing was pending; @Mach-Lee looked at it about a week ago and found nothing was pending either. Maybe its just taking longer than before lol.

OP
OP

sollymay

First Name
Salomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select RWD
Country flag
I'm in the same boat as OP with my 22 select; 4.2.3 downloaded on 3/31/23 but have not seen anything since. I had my dealership's Service Manager look in FDRS about a month ago and he said nothing was pending; @Mach-Lee looked at it about a week ago and found nothing was pending either. Maybe its just taking longer than before lol.
Itā€™s very interesting as my experience was essentially:
- Pre 4.X updates were slow (sometimes one month To two month delay vs general availability)
- Post 4.0 I started getting updates less than a week after general availability
- Once the car was updated to 4.2.3, updates stopped and I see versions going up on the general availability

Just wish this process was a bit more transparent for users (I know releases are staggered, etc, but explaining to users howā€™s the process and when to seek help and when not to would help a lot. Imagine if we had a comm by ford that says: 70% of cars should be updated by 1 month of release, then 20% remaining, then 10% and if you donā€™t receive an update by 3 months of release, please go to a dealership, just as a general rule of thumb).

Ev Blau

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not sure if someone else is on the same boat? I own a 2022 RWD Mach-e Select and updates were automatically done consistently around 1-2 weeks after the old wiki posted a new version.

i am stuck with 4.2.3 since Apr 1st and I know new versions have released.

is anyone else on the same boat? We are about to hit 2 months with no updates for me.

any advise?
Bought our used (1750 miles) ā€˜22 Select RWD in February with OTA4.2.1 installed. Shortly after OTA4.2.2 updated. On May 13, OTA4.2.3 installed and on May 18, OTA4.2.4 (latest I have but not the latest out there) installed.

I know it seems like we wait a long time for updates, especially when we see others on this forum talking about the newest updates. I suggest just hanging in there a bit longer. You could ask your dealer about an OTA update timeline though.

This is our first EV and we didnā€™t realize the car operated essentially like an overgrown computer with updates and subscriptions. Of course, it was over 12 years since we bought our last car, so not only have the vehicles themselves changed so much, so has the driving/operating experience!

OP
OP

sollymay

First Name
Salomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select RWD
Country flag
Bought our used (1750 miles) ā€˜22 Select RWD in February with OTA4.2.1 installed. Shortly after OTA4.2.2 updated. On May 13, OTA4.2.3 installed and on May 18, OTA4.2.4 (latest I have but not the latest out there) installed.

I know it seems like we wait a long time for updates, especially when we see others on this forum talking about the newest updates. I suggest just hanging in there a bit longer. You could ask your dealer about an OTA update timeline though.

This is our first EV and we didnā€™t realize the car operated essentially like an overgrown computer with updates and subscriptions. Of course, it was over 12 years since we bought our last car, so not only have the vehicles themselves changed so much, so has the driving/operating experience!
Yeah, as an engineer myself I always like to be on latest and greatest software, just to also patch any security issues, so thatā€™s why I am thinking about it a bit more than usual šŸ™‚

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yeah, as an engineer myself I always like to be on latest and greatest software
Depending on how strongly you feel about that, you may be a good candidate for investing in the tools to do your own updates with FDRS.

OP
OP

sollymay

First Name
Salomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select RWD
Country flag
Depending on how strongly you feel about that, you may be a good candidate for investing in the tools to do your own updates with FDRS.
That license cost though šŸ˜±