JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Simplify simplify simplify. The initial home screen is a good start, all the important info quickly available on one screen. I'd recommend getting rid of the "tiles" at the bottom (finding a dealer isn't really a home screen need, and the remote vehicle setup should go away).

Vehicle tab is okay, could be cleaned up but it's okay.

The map.. this is where I think it needs the most work. The use is not intuitive, there are better map programs out there, use one as a guide. Specifically, if I check out an address, then look for charging near by it zooms me out with no why of seeing the relation to the spot I was looking into. An example of how this is done well would be the zillow app.

General feedback, get rid of the delay when selecting between tabs.
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Do we have access to a web version of FordPass with the same features at the mobile application?
I can't seem to find it online. When I go to my FordPass account online it looks like just a bunch of marketing stuff. Does anyone know how to access the remote start/stop features, check on charging state, read alerts and vehicle reports, trip reports, manage charging locations and times, departure times etc? Where is all that stuff online? ? ?
No web version that shows the EV information as far as I know. But again the web version of ford account thinks I have an Edge (when will this be fixed) and is hit or miss on what it shows. But no web version of remote vehicle control or charging control.

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium E AWD/ / 2017 Mercedes GLE-43
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
FOrdpass app is a bit clunky. DOes not really update accurately. The main screen always shows old data even if it is saying updated 1min ago. Even when I updated it it, it kept saying updated 8 hours ago. Also the location is very random. It kept telling me the car is at the house even though I was at the park. The address on the app was my house but when I click on it, it was showong me the right location. ALso a lot of my journeys are not showing up, but some are which I am not sure how to make it consistent. I had three legs of a trip the second two showed up but the first on did not.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Submit Your FordPass App Feedback to Ford IMG_5362.PNG
Ford Mustang Mach-E Submit Your FordPass App Feedback to Ford IMG_5363.PNG

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
No web version that shows the EV information as far as I know. But again the web version of ford account thinks I have an Edge (when will this be fixed) and is hit or miss on what it shows. But no web version of remote vehicle control or charging control.
Huge bummer. I like to set my departure times and check my trips from the website. Many of my trips are business related so pulling up my trip details for miles traveled was a nice feature of MyFordMobile to help me fill out my expense report.

Will have to find some other way since those features are an unexpected casualty of switching over to FordPass. :(

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Simplify simplify simplify. The initial home screen is a good start, all the important info quickly available on one screen. I'd recommend getting rid of the "tiles" at the bottom (finding a dealer isn't really a home screen need, and the remote vehicle setup should go away).

Vehicle tab is okay, could be cleaned up but it's okay.

The map.. this is where I think it needs the most work. The use is not intuitive, there are better map programs out there, use one as a guide. Specifically, if I check out an address, then look for charging near by it zooms me out with no why of seeing the relation to the spot I was looking into. An example of how this is done well would be the zillow app.

General feedback, get rid of the delay when selecting between tabs.
I've been using Android Auto instead, and LOVING it. When it works, that it. About 50% of the time when I start up the MME, AA works just fine via bluetooth. The other half of the time, I get that "Can't Connect" pop-up message on the screen.

I haven't figured out why it's so inconsistent yet, but have an idea I need to test out. It almost seems like bluetooth is taking too long to connect. If I wait 10-15 seconds after getting in the car to start it, seems to connect more often. I need to play with that more and see if that's what it is.

TheStig

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB Mach-E FE, 2023 Porsche GT4
Country flag
From a software engineers perspective:

I really wish he app was written natively for each OS. I can tell that this app is written mostly in javascript or another cross platform technology, which tends to be inefficient and slow to respond in comparison with a native app. I'm really tired of app makers writing apps in these cross platform systems to save a few dollars.

For those that have no idea what I'm talking about, there are ways to "cheat" in the app creation game. If you need to create an app for both android and iOS, you can essentially write the app once and have it work on both systems. FordPass is obviously one of those apps. The disadvantage of doing it this way means that the apps will use more power, they are slower to load, slower to react, buggier, use more storage space, are less capable of using cool features native to each individual OS and they generally look like webpages instead of apps designed for specific OSs. The advantage is that it is almost twice as cheap to write the initial version of the app (although maintaining the app could cost more). There are multiple frameworks for doing this such as Xamarin, React, Flutter, Node, etc... None of them are very good IMO.

Please Ford. re-write the app natively! Learn from the 100's of apps that started with these cross platform systems just to learn that it would have been better to write them natively in the first place. A quick google search for research will reveal lots of blog posts about lessons learned. Even Facebook learned this lesson.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Getting this message fairly regularly. Sometimes it goes away after a few seconds.

In this case, it's clicking on DETAILS from the overnight charge session that appears the next morning. The error message went away, but the details never updated.

Screenshot_20210304-074717_FordPass.jpg

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The "My Journeys" data is lame!

I was about to summarize my trip data so far, so I went into the FordPass app and exported all of the data from the "My Journeys" to date.

Pro:
Easy to export .csv files

Con:
The paltry amount of data it exports.
Here are the fields:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Submit Your FordPass App Feedback to Ford 1615319587517

That's it! Basically start and end positions, start and end times, distance (seems to be road miles) and duration & avg. speed that are derived from the above.

We need more data!

Please add the following at least:
  • battery charge at start
  • battery charge at finish
  • average efficiency (preferably in miles/kWh)
Other valuable parameters:
  • average outside temperature
  • maximum outside temperature
  • average battery temperature
  • maximum battery temperature
  • driving scores:
    • Acceleration percentages (excellent/moderate/harsh)
    • Braking percentages (excellent/moderate/harsh)
    • Cornering percentages (excellent/moderate/harsh)
One more item: why are some of my journeys missing? For example, somehow it seems Marlin teleported from our home to the VA rest stop where we "rested" for a few moments.

Thanks!

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
@hybrid2bev if you are still passing notes along.

The messages in FordPass should each have read/unread indicator.

Finding the unread message among many is difficult and time consuming. Leaving the flag displayed is irksome.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Wake me up when FordPass becomes useful please.

Thank you.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
@hybrid2bev if you are still passing notes along.

The messages in FordPass should each have read/unread indicator.

Finding the unread message among many is difficult and time consuming. Leaving the flag displayed is irksome.
I’ve sent a link to this thread.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
My FordPass is spamtacular.
I am happy it lets me know when my car gets home. Makes me wonder were it goes off to every day. ?
I'll second this. A lot of the messages don't contain any information you don't already know.

Also agree that too much real estate is devoted to things that aren't of great everyday interest. I'd put FordPass Rewards, Remote Vehicle Setup, and Find a Dealer in this category. Put them on a separate tab rather than using a third of the home screen. (Also not sure why even legal would think you need three lines of text to explain that a range estimate is an estimate).

But the big issue of course is that PAAK will stop working. That's a huge PITA.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Maybe Ford will reach out to the high school kid who built the app and tell him to fix everything.
Yeah. Then try and find the programmers for MyFordMobile and beg them to create a mobile and web based app that we can actually use.

I still have MFM on my phone that manages two other Ford EVs in the family so I sometimes open that app and reminisce about the good old days.

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
I'm a capable iOS programmer; I'd accept a lateral just to make this app not be a piece of crap.
Sponsored