jcdjcd

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium on order
Country flag
Added info. Ordered 2022 premium RWD ER on 10/16, still awaiting build date.
Sponsored

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm trying to figure out what the data of the spreadsheet in this thread can tell me about the 2022 MME orders and the waiting period.

(I am not working with 2021 orders. I'm looking only at orders made 1 October 2021 or later. Some folks make entries that lack an order date and an order number, 1st 4 digits are weekly increments of Ford's ordering system. I can't work with these.)

So far, as of 13 January 2022, nobody with an order dated 1 October 2021, the start of 2022MY ordering, or later has entered a date in the "Actual Build Date" and most folks have left blank the "Estimated Build Date". I certainly had no idea when I joined this forum, except for Ford's estimated 20- or 28-week delivery dates. So, I determined that my own "estimated build date" would be 16 weeks (4 months) after the order date.

In the attached file, you can scroll down and find your entry by looking for the matching Order Date (fourth column). Then you can look to the right in the 5th column at the "estimated build date". I'm told elsewhere on this forum that the date of one's order is not a significant factor in Ford's scheduling, so it's possible that the notion of counting time between order date and "actual build date" is specious. It might be better to estimate shorter waits for ZEV States, or whatever else is used by Ford's allocation "black box" but that is far beyond this pioneer on the Ford frontier.

Hopefully, as Ford's assembly plant spools up its 2022 MME production, the 16-week wait to hear about your actual build date will actually be shorter. Granted this is not an average or based on facts. We all cross our fingers that Ford can actually speed up production. Note: there are several entries with middle September order dates, no estimated or actual build dates, but they do show a VIN but no estimated delivery date. (I thought the VIN was provided around the same time as the actual build date). I don't know if this is because they assumed someone else's order or how it came about. There are even a few orders dated the first day of 2022 MME orders, with no build date, but they do list a VIN.

So, even though the January 2022 MME production is apparently going to finish off the 2021 orders with 2022MY, it seems possible that the first 2022 orders, filed in early October 2021 could start getting a build date as soon as late January or early February.

Attachments

quartzcity

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Dark Matter Grey GT
Country flag
Just added my info: I ordered a Dark Matter Grey GT on 5 December 2021. The build date is scheduled for the week of 2/7/2022

roadrunner

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e Cali Rt 1 (ordered)
Country flag
info updated. just got a VIN and build date!
ordered 8/19, scheduled build 2/7.
RR CR1

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Just added my info: I ordered a Dark Matter Grey GT on 5 December 2021. The build date is scheduled for the week of 2/7/2022
Your estimated build date, 2/7/2022 is weeks ahead of my current guestimate. Please describe how it was determined?
Note: another new entry is:

912Ninja4hire1116xxxx8/21/20212/21/20223FMTK3SU7NMA11814

This MME is for a 2021MY ordered on 8/21/2021. It has apparently been given a build date of 2/21/2022 and a VIN. This tends to confirm my assumption that the first 6 weeks of 2022 MME production is going to fill the backlogged 2021 orders. Then, Ford will start filling 2022 orders with about 16 weeks between order date (1st day to order a 2022 MME was 1 Oct 2021) and build date/VIN assignment. This would make your estimated build date the 3rd or 4th week of March. (There is some doubt whether orders are dealt with in a chronological sequence, so other factors may apply.) Also, Ford intends to increase the MME production rate (triple by 2023), but how fast they spool up the Cuautitlan assembly plant will determine whether we "first 3 months of 2022 orders" will benefit at all.

avinator

First Name
Avinash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi,Mach E,Honda Pilot
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Submitted Orders Tracking List and Stats [Enter Yours] 1642194260191

inputted my order- no build date or any status :-(

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
I'll play:
Ordered a 2021 Premium Extended RWD in Rapid Red online on 9/1/21.
Converted to a 2022 on 10/1/21
Initial build week of 12/13/21 given on 11/1/21
Updated build week to 1/3/22 on 11/4/21
Build started 1/4/22
Estimated delivery date of 2/22/2022 per the Ford Tracker site.

I've submitted my info to the tracker page...

CaityPerry

First Name
Cait
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Mach-E Premium Ext RWD)
Country flag
Added my info!
Ordered premium extended RWD in shadow black on 8/27/21. Converted to a 22 on 10/25 and still no production date. 20 weeks and counting.

Regulus7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 C4 Cab, Macan S, SantaFe, Ice Blue MME GT
Occupation
Money Manager
Country flag
Updated my details

order number 1140xxx
order date: 11/27/21
Build date: 3/14/22
GT
Iconic Silver
all options

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
From the database of this thread, I looked at all the entries that had a VIN assigned; as of 17 Jan 2022. There are only 49 participants who have entered a VIN. I arranged them chronologically by "estimated build date". 42 of these are 2021 orders that were converted to 2022MY and are now being built. There are only 7-2022 orders (deposited from 1 Oct 2021) that have been given a VIN. (That is, there probably are more of each but can't be assessed if they are not entered in this database. Whatever database Ford uses to assign VIN, build dates, etc, is apparently inaccessible.) My dealer doesn't respond to such inquiries about such things.

The shortcut MME 17 digit VIN decoder: 1st 3 digit are manufacturer. Digits 5-8 are model and drive train (example K3SU=Premium, AWD, Extended Batt). Digit 10 is model year, M-2021, N-2022. Digit 11 is Cuautitlan Assembly Plant. The last six digits are the unique serial number for each specific car.

By sorting this way, I was looking for clues about rate at which they're producing MMEs for the US. It looks like all models are numbered serially as they are produced. From this limited sample, it appears that first 2022 MME (3 weeks Jan 3-24) have VIN serial between the 1360-4371 range. (The entries with Dec 2021 est. build date have been bumped into January 2022 and the participant just didn't update the entry.) This suggests that about 3000 MME were produced for US. (I've made WAG that Canada and European destined MME have different serial numbering scheme.) Somewhere in the week of 24 Jan, the VIN serial jumps 10,000. Another WAG, this is a code that has another meaning than the actual number of MME produced, perhaps a month code. Of the unknown number of folks given a VIN and build date for this time period, early Feb 2022, there are only 11 folks who have entered a VIN in this database. Not enough for me to see a conclusion. Looks like more time wasted on day 41 of a predicted 196-day wait. haha Maybe someone else can see something or has access to better information.

Attachments

Bill S

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Prem ER eAWD, 18 Tesla M3, 64 Falcon Sprint
Country flag
From the database of this thread, I looked at all the entries that had a VIN assigned; as of 17 Jan 2022. There are only 49 participants who have entered a VIN. I arranged them chronologically by "estimated build date". 42 of these are 2021 orders that were converted to 2022MY and are now being built. There are only 7-2022 orders (deposited from 1 Oct 2021) that have been given a VIN. (That is, there probably are more of each but can't be assessed if they are not entered in this database. Whatever database Ford uses to assign VIN, build dates, etc, is apparently inaccessible.) My dealer doesn't respond to such inquiries about such things.

The shortcut MME 17 digit VIN decoder: 1st 3 digit are manufacturer. Digits 5-8 are model and drive train (example K3SU=Premium, AWD, Extended Batt). Digit 10 is model year, M-2021, N-2022. Digit 11 is Cuautitlan Assembly Plant. The last six digits are the unique serial number for each specific car.

By sorting this way, I was looking for clues about rate at which they're producing MMEs for the US. It looks like all models are numbered serially as they are produced. From this limited sample, it appears that first 2022 MME (3 weeks Jan 3-24) have VIN serial between the 1360-4371 range. (The entries with Dec 2021 est. build date have been bumped into January 2022 and the participant just didn't update the entry.) This suggests that about 3000 MME were produced for US. (I've made WAG that Canada and European destined MME have different serial numbering scheme.) Somewhere in the week of 24 Jan, the VIN serial jumps 10,000. Another WAG, this is a code that has another meaning than the actual number of MME produced, perhaps a month code. Of the unknown number of folks given a VIN and build date for this time period, early Feb 2022, there are only 11 folks who have entered a VIN in this database. Not enough for me to see a conclusion. Looks like more time wasted on day 41 of a predicted 196-day wait. haha Maybe someone else can see something or has access to better information.
Nice work here. I too, reviewed the database and arrived at this which I posted in another thread. Your spread confirms my results. Thank you.

"It's interesting that there seems to be many of us who have VINs that are original MY22 buyers. I went thru the "Submitted Orders # Tracking List" and checked all order submitted 10/01 and later looking for who had VIN #s which means they are scheduled. I only found a couple. I hope all are entering their VINs when they get them. I know I will. I can't wait to get to do that.

So, let's all take a "chill pill." I think that on 1/17 they will be able to fill in the blanks on the next 5 weeks of production with many of us and then we will be happy campers.

There are about 10 GTs and 1 CA Rt1 for a total of 11 ordered as MY22 that are marked with a VIN meaning they have a production date. That’s all that have reported that they are scheduled. Does not look like anyone is being purposely put ahead of others. GTs have been getting first in but look for activity on 1/17. "
Sponsored