SVS.. My turn

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I have another two weeks of “waiting for the tech to have time in his schedule.” Partly my fault in that there’s only one guy at the Dealership that I allow to touch my car. They’ve had the parts for almost two weeks already. If I were willing to let some rando tech work on my car it would be done by now.
Ah ok that's too bad. I think the dealer i took it to only has one EV certified tech so I didn't have any choice. They were supposed to have it done by Thursday or Friday, but they called Saturday saying the repair was taking "a bit longer because EVs are so new". Just a little disconcerting...hope they knew what they were doing down there!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E SVS.. My turn 77A6EE78-BE01-490A-A29C-F7E95D9514C9

Got the car all cleaned up yesterday and dropped it at the dealer this morning. Had to take a picture as it was all shined up. And in case there was any damage when I go pick it back up.
Wife washed her’s yesterday too. Weird to have them both all clean at the same time. Took advantage of the warm day as winter is coming.
Ford Mustang Mach-E SVS.. My turn E001079C-7370-4BFB-B12E-775BF4B9AAE1

So I’m driving the Ford Lightening for a couple days. I’d post a photo of it but they put the worlds ugliest wrap / advertisement on it. I do have to say that the lightening is leaps and bounds ahead of my Mach-E. Especially with controls and displayed info.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Updates from today. I’m told the battery has been removed, junction box swapped, and battery reinstalled. Just some updates to do tomorrow and I should get my car back. I’m in no hurry as I’m having fun with the Lightening.

Observations from the Lightening,
1. No 5 second limit (which we knew). I did find the limit. You no longer get full power after 105MPH.
2. real world 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. In a full sized truck.🤯 and a 12.65 second 1/4 mile
3. So much usability built into this thing. Under seat storage in the rear is well thought out. As are all the bed and frunk storage, outlets, and connections
4. The positioning of the eye tracker means I’m not being yelled at to watch the road because I like to keep a hand at 12 o’clock.
5. The B&O system in this works like it ought to. The bass on my trusty “License to Ill” album is exquisite while the vocals remain clear and crisp.
6. Lightening owners get so much more useful driving information on their instrument cluster that I now feel very very cheated driving a Mach-E.
7. I love that they have a real gear lever instead of rotary dial.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Finally got the car back yesterday . Happy to have it. Immediate 5 seconds of joy and adrenaline. It’s been almost 7 weeks since I could really push the throttle. But it made me giggle all over again.
A little sad to give the lightening back. The gauge cluster in that thing is a truly useful piece of equipment. It has real buttons for the frunk and tailgate. It has a real shifter. Everything I wish my Mach-E had (except a HUD). However the efficiency is horrible. Not quite ICE car horrible but I found myself thinking, I could do so much better in a smaller vehicle. Which from a guy who has daily driven an ICE F-150 for 15 years really points out that I e embraced my electric mustang as not only fun but also as a cost savings.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Lightning...

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name