SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Does anyone actually use Alexa? I would love to see some usage statistics on that. I would bet below 10% have it set up and actively use it. I have to imagine that Amazon is paying Ford to have it there.
Of course they are. Alexa isn't the product, we are.
Sponsored

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
The only offensive part here is the home button. It sticks out like a sore ass.

Also my Apple CarPlay size looks the same as the image, did they somehow make it even bigger?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
it shouldn't be that long for the update to appear for the rest of us.

Mine was the last production week of 22 so if I have to wait 6 months for software that shipped with cars built the very next week I'm gonna be kinda mad
You might want to start preparing yourself for the inbound mad session. :p

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
The only offensive part here is the home button. It sticks out like a sore ass.
Yep. It looks so odd being grey when the rest of the UI is white or black. Make them color match like ever other button on the screen.
Also, the icons look right out of clip art pack.

Also my Apple CarPlay size looks the same as the image, did they somehow make it even bigger?
The difference between the current “maximized” view and this new one is the current one has a wasted status bar above the CarPlay display. New new one eliminates that for a little extra height. Also the top bar is smaller so you gain space there too.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Sync 4A Update Overview from Ford - Larger Apple CarPlay Android Auto interface, added dial functionality & more 196B8C8E-C0ED-4CCF-86A2-63CD85939FB7

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No OTA yet.
Last I heard from “sources”, the remote frunk release for job 1 cars was officially delayed again. No updated eta. They may be wrong, but I honestly never expect to see it on my job 1 car. I plan to trade the MME in (or sell) in 2025. If I buy another MME, that’s when I expect to finally see a remote frunk release.
Can we expect the same kind of time frame for these other updates?
Umm … ;)

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Ford LOVES their drive modes. Even though it’s almost totally irrelevant when using 1PD.
Drive modes irrelevant when using 1PD? How do you figure? The acceleration, steering, and 1PD reduction force change very noticeably between modes. Not sure how 1PD affects a decision on when you want firmer steering.

I do agree that I doubt people change them that much though. Now, if they added a custom drive mode, oh baby!!

Bratapfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD SR
Country flag
@Kamuelaflyer but you‘re aware that Job 1 2021 cars that were updated through FDRS do have already a working Frunk button both on the app as well as on Sync?

Does not mean that it works OTA I admit, but it’s not as bad as it may appear on first sight

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Kamuelaflyer but you‘re aware that Job 1 2021 cars that were updated through FDRS do have already a working Frunk button both on the app as well as on Sync?

Does not mean that it works OTA I admit, but it’s not as bad as it may appear on first sight
Yes, I’m aware of that. But the information I received came after that happened as well. There are other priorities atm it would seem.

Bratapfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD SR
Country flag
Yes, I’m aware of that. But the information I received came after that happened as well. There are other priorities atm it would seem.
Maybe true. As a 2021 Job2 owner I don‘t really mind this entire OTA topic anyway to be very honest as most essential SW features have been there since day 1 (frunk release + full-Screen CarPlay). All I‘m confused is that Ford misses some obvious after-market revenue streams. I‘d be ready to pay let’s say 1k$ to retrofit latest processors/cameras/BC1.2 of 2023 model year into my 2021 MME, or another 3k$ to officially upgrade to the Premium Headlights instead of the stupid subscriptions for YouTube or News. Most likely I‘m just over-estimating the market interest on those substantial Upgrades though.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Drive modes irrelevant when using 1PD? How do you figure? The acceleration, steering, and 1PD reduction force change very noticeably between modes. Not sure how 1PD affects a decision on when you want firmer steering.

I do agree that I doubt people change them that much though. Now, if they added a custom drive mode, oh baby!!
Interesting. I personally can’t tell any difference at all. And I think there have been a number of threads on this.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Yep. It looks so odd being grey when the rest of the UI is white or black. Make them color match like ever other button on the screen.
Also, the icons look right out of clip art pack.

The difference between the current “maximized” view and this new one is the current one has a wasted status bar above the CarPlay display. New new one eliminates that for a little extra height. Also the top bar is smaller so you gain space there too.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Sync 4A Update Overview from Ford - Larger Apple CarPlay Android Auto interface, added dial functionality & more 196B8C8E-C0ED-4CCF-86A2-63CD85939FB7
I’m actually surprised they are fixing this, this is one of the best changes imo

jetermeyer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't know why but 2021 Job 1 cars have been tragically orphaned on getting updates for some reason, but later cars have been getting updates so this isn't necessarily a reason to think the rollout would take that long to start for everyone else. Certainly feel bad for those early buyers though.
I have Job 1 and not in EA and have all my updates to current 3.6.1. So Job 1 is getting them. I have no clue why some get them and some don't or what their algorithm is for updates but at least I can tell Job 1 cars will/can get the updates..

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
stupid subscriptions for YouTube or News
You don’t need a subscription to use those. You can hook to any Wi-Fi network, even your phone hotspot.
Sponsored