Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I went out in the cold, pulled the tint off one light, and made this video for you. It ain’t perfect but it shows my technique (or lack there-of).
Now someone return the favor and link this man a video on how to wash a MME in the winter time!!! The condition of the car was more triggering for me than the video ?

I've never really paid too much attention to the brake lights till I can across this thread. Was behind a black MME this morning, man those white lights really stick out like a sore thumb on the black model. Oddly enough, I fond myself behind a white MME this morning as well. IMO the lights did not look as bad, but they would look so much better tinted.

I might be doing this project myself soon.
Sponsored

LS61303

First Name
LeeSonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E 4EXT Premium, Yamaha FZ07
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Bit hard to make a decent picture of the illuminated taillights at daytime. I don't have a photo at nighttime (the MME isn't home atm :)) either with the taillights on but I did find one during twilight where the red looks very dark to the extend it looks black at a few meters.

I included a video as attachment with running turn signals, hope that gives you an impression but if you still would like to see one with burning lights just let me know and i'll make one.

IMG_20211011_192015.jpg
Actually this is perfect, thanks for the resource! I really like the look of this, good choice!

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
The condition of the car was more triggering for me than the video ?
It is for me too @Kabish. My only time off work it’s been raining (so it would have been just as dirty in under 2 hours) or snowing. And working the hours I do, doesn’t leave much time that I’m not working or sleeping.
Tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid 50’s with heavy rain and 50 MPH winds. Maybe I’ll do it then.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Are there any forum members making pre-cut tint for the tails?

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Last edited:

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Cool, that's where I just ordered from. Did you get the tail light kit and then the front markers? The tail light seems to include everything for the rear including brake light, reverse light and side markers.
Yeah, I did. I also ordered the rear markers so I ended up with an extra set of rear marker light tints

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here is my take on making the rear end look how I want. I tinted just the upper half of the taillights and applied gloss black wrap on the upper part of the hatch opposed to the entire area where the taillights are as seen on some other Mach-E's here. I wanted to keep the design of the taillights how they curve up. There are some weird reflections on the black when I took these photos. It looks better in person.

IMG_6334 (1).jpeg

IMG_6544D.jpg

IMG_6335 (1).jpeg

IMG_6542D.jpg

Last edited:

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Here is my take on making the rear end look how I want. I tinted just the upper half of the taillights and applied gloss black wrap on the upper part of the hatch opposed to the entire area where the taillights are as seen on some other Mach-E's here. I wanted to keep the design of the taillights how they curve up. There are some weird reflections on the black when I took these photos. It looks better in person.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Taillight tint IMG_6542D

I like that. I wonder how a spoiler would look

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I see that Mark… Ford… nice… looks good
Can't get anything past you Joe.... Jk.

I wasn't a fan of that GT emblem (I don't feel it is a GT car anyway and removed all GT branding) and definitely not a fan of the large Mustang in the rear so decided to go with the good old Ford oval. The rear Mustang emblem is 7" wide and I needed a 7" wide Ford oval to cover the mounting holes behind the emblem in the liftgate. I sent Emblem City the oval I wanted them to custom paint. Had the background painted Iconic Silver (body color) and the Ford logo and rings gloss black. I had to heat up the oval and slightly bend the ends back a bit as the liftgate in that area is slightly curved. Added some 3M double stick foam tape and there it is.

I like that. I wonder how a spoiler would look
Greg, I have thought about a spoiler for some time and as of now, not going to do it just yet. Two main reasons. 1. There are only a few spoilers out there and they all look like a part that was added on. If I ever did decide to go with one, it would definitely be painted the body color. Also the spoilers stop at each end of the liftgate and to me looks like it should extend slightly over on to the rear fenders a bit to finish it off. 2. I want this vehicle to look more like an SUV and not a sports car and adding a spoiler doesn't help. Adding the Ford oval on the liftgate, replacing the brushed aluminum wheels with a wider black spoke type and installing wider tires with taller sidewalls is a start.

@ricojm we all know @markboris doesnt go half way on anything.
Thanks Rod ? I try not to do anything half-ass but as with everyone else here, still learning on this car and it's lots of fun.

MMXX500

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GT500 2021 MACH-E GT/PE
Occupation
Dosser
Country flag