James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
I don't charge my MME but once every six weeks or so. Today I noticed that the target charging level was 100% not the 90% that I had set. Why? Did a software update change this? I'm a little ticked that my settings are being changed. That's not the way software updates are supposed to happen.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Most likely yes. Some updates can erase your settings. Not ideal but it appears that Ford is learning and tweaking their process still.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
When an update changes the target it doesnā€™t change from 90% to 100%, it deletes your charging location thereby sending you to the default rate, being 100%.

If you recently installed a utility recommended app for rebates, it may hook into FordPass (with your permission) and override your settings under the guise of ā€œsmart chargingā€.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
When an update changes the target it doesnā€™t change from 90% to 100%, it deletes your charging location thereby sending you to the default rate, being 100%.

If you recently installed a utility recommended app for rebates, it may hook into FordPass (with your permission) and override your settings under the guise of ā€œsmart chargingā€.
PS- my utility uses ev.energy and I had to turn off itā€™s ā€œsmart chargingā€ for this reason.

Last edited:

OP
OP

JJR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Must be doing all his charging at EA and not at home.
I do charge at home with a garage installed charger wired to 240v at 16A. It charges at a little more than 10 miles per hour.

OP
OP

JJR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
you charge once every six weeks? lol you planning on just collecting fed money and flipping then?
I'm just a very efficient driver. Drive mode is set to Whisper because it coasts the best and my thumb is always on the L button to engage the regen for slowing.
It helps if you don't drive much , too.
Picked up my MME at the end of April and only have 850 miles so far.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I do charge at home with a garage installed charger wired to 240v at 16A. It charges at a little more than 10 miles per hour.
I made my assumption based on how little you charge. You said you only charge once every 6 weeks. It almost sounds like you donā€™t need a car. I donā€™t drive much as recently retired and hit 7000 miles after 1 year.

Mrcon728

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
I don't charge my MME but once every six weeks or so. Today I noticed that the target charging level was 100% not the 90% that I had set. Why? Did a software update change this? I'm a little ticked that my settings are being changed. That's not the way software updates are supposed to happen.
I also charge to 90% as recommended and all of a sudden it charges to 100%. I don't get it. There is no way to change it in the Fordpass app either. I went into the car's settings and it was already at 90% as usual but still charges to 100%.

OP
OP

JJR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
I also charge to 90% as recommended and all of a sudden it charges to 100%. I don't get it. There is no way to change it in the Fordpass app either. I went into the car's settings and it was already at 90% as usual but still charges to 100%.
I looked at the settings in the MME and it was 100%. I set it back to 90% but it took a few hours for the change to take and show up in the FordPass app.

Mrcon728

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
I looked at the settings in the MME and it was 100%. I set it back to 90% but it took a few hours for the change to take and show up in the FordPass app.
Ok, thanks.
Sponsored