OP
OP

JVRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache AWD
Country flag
Hard to say, could be defective, could be an issue with your outlet not properly sized (you indicated a 30 amp circuit, but should be 50 amp, although some people say 40 would work, but it's a 50 amp plug so a 50 amp circuit should be used if anyone wanted to use the plug for something else), could be a voltage issue.

Do you have a multimeter/amp clamp?
No, I will try to check on weekend.
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
If it's a software reset, why isn't automatically done?
Because you don't want your driving history cleared out by the car without you telling it to do it.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Below is what i did from tech support.

Click on the vehicle icon in the top left corner of the center touchscreen> select settings> select vehicle > Select EV driving History reset.

It instantly improved my range from 200-212 miles estimate to 240-250 miles estimate.
You did not increase your range by doing this. Another way to say the same thing --- Your car cannot go farther on the current charge than it could before you hit reset.

All you did was wipe out the actual driving history so that the car is more optimistic now. It will eventually revert to the way it was before you reset.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
After 4 pages, I think the conclusion is that he has either a defective FMC, or a connection problem and much confusion ensued do to typical GOM misunderstanding.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
No, I will try to check on weekend.
If the voltage is high or low, not much you can do about it, but that can impact the mobile charger.

Using the amp clamp you can see what the actual draw is when the car charges, see if you are getting the full 30 amps.

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
After 4 pages, I think the conclusion is that he has either a defective FMC, or a connection problem and much confusion ensued do to typical GOM misunderstanding.
I think I agree with this. General misunderstanding of EV efficiency coupled with a possible charger issue. It appears that he is expecting every full charge to give him a 270 mile range regardless of his driving habits and weather conditions. His reported driving behavior (speeds on commute of 120 miles) is probably the largest factor in the GOM giving him reduced range prediction. He hasn't stated his HVAC usage while driving or what conditions have been. We know that running the eHeat will decrease the predicted range significantly.

Hopefully he has gained a better understanding through the responses here.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
It's mounted on wall.
Mine is mounted on the wall but that makes the plug 1/2 inch from flush. I placed a 1/2 inch board under the cradle to act like a spacer. This slightly shortens distance from plug to charger thereby taking pressure off the connection. Haven’t had the blue go to yellow since. Maybe that’s not your problem, but if the wire plug to box isnt straight it could be. It costs $2 for the 2x12x1/2 board to find out.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
OP doesn't seem interested in answering questions. And you are not going to get 250-270 miles reliably at 75-80 in a Mach E. So, what must be done, is to get a different car.
I'm not the OP, but what questions would you like to have answered? When I drove BACK from Pasadena to Camino (up the hill from Placerville 5 miles), I drove through a light ice/snow storm (at the legal limit of 25 mph), my GTPE reported a range of 256 miles, driving 74-77 mph. Running 245/45R20 Michelin CrossClimate2 snow tires, running 41 psi hot (39 psi cold). Very occasional 90 mph bursts to pass people. No heater/fans on, but seat heater/steering wheel heater on when needed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Target Charge Level Not to full capacity 20220116_100916

Last edited:

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I'm not the OP, but what questions would you like to have answered? When I drove BACK from Pasadena to Camino (up the hill from Placerville 5 miles), I drove through a light ice/snow storm (at the legal limit of 25 mph), my GTPE reported a range of 256 miles, driving 74-77 mph. Running 245/45R20 Michelin CrossClimate2 snow tires, running 41 psi hot (39 psi cold). Very occasional 90 mph bursts to pass people.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Target Charge Level Not to full capacity 20220116_100916
The 256 is real good considering how you drove. Snows, speed, eHeat and temp kill range.