Tesla charger

Vaquero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mondeo - Mustang Mach-e LR AWD
Country flag
Hi there,

In Spain have also opened some Tesla Superchargers and here I leave my test charging in one.

My experience is that they are the best chargers there are at least in my country. Above Ionity in charging.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla charger 1655945879898
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla charger WhatsApp Image 2022-06-23 at 2.53.18 AM

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
And therein lies the issue with Tesla chargers.

Tesla charge port is on the back of the car, so reverse in and cable reaches no problem.

Due to the location of the charge port on the MME, you either park like a spanner to get the cable in, or you take up the "wrong" bay in order to plug in.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag

Tesla charge port is on the back of the car, so reverse in and cable reaches no problem.

Due to the location of the charge port on the MME, you either park like a spanner to get the cable in, or you take up the "wrong" bay in order to plug in.
Yes, I can imagine the abuse we will get from Tesla owners about taking up more spaces than necessary or incorrect positioning. I wonder if the parking company rules would be infringed also as you're not parked within the confines of the physical parking space thereby incurring parking fines/penalty notices?

I think it will cause more stress than anything so don't think I'll bother.

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
I would use them if I was desperate, but bearing in mind that I don't do many motorway miles, I doubt I'll ever use one either. I have the app and an account though....just in case.

God help me if I was scorned by a Tesla driver for parking like a moron because it's the only way the cable will reach!

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag

Some stations are pull through type, so Tesla don't have to back in, and charging port is in same side. But I think they are much common than back in type.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag

I would guess when it reaches the point short cables cost Tesla revenue they will put on longer cables.

I can see the push for uniform back in charging and lower material cost of a shorter cable. Once the trucks start appearing towing a trailer there will be much gnashing of teeth. Pull thru will be a thing just like it is standard on ICE. Sometimes reinventing the wheel is not always a long term winner, it is just a cheaper less useful wheel.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thought I would share this photo. Didn't know where else to post it. Owner was not around so could not talk to them. They were using a TeslaTap adapter and the charging light indicator next to the plug was not lit up.

IMG_520824.jpg

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Thought I would share this photo. Didn't know where else to post it. Owner was not around so could not talk to them. They were using a TeslaTap adapter and the charging light indicator next to the plug was not lit up.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla charger IMG_520824
I assume the guy is an idiot because that only works at some SC stations in the EU. How surprised will he be when he gets back and this charge level has not changed?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I assume the guy is an idiot because that only works at some SC stations in the EU. How surprised will he be when he gets back and this charge level has not changed?
Exactly. 😂 This was in Williams, CA.

Littlst

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
IT consultant
Country flag

If there is grass behind the row of superchargers you can park on the grass and avoid taking up three Tesla bays.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If there is grass behind the row of superchargers you can park on the grass and avoid taking up three Tesla bays.
In the UK the parking area is probably privately owned so will attract a parking charge notice for not parking in a designated space or if council owned will be a parking fine. Probably the same for taking up more than one bay so in the real world Tesla chargers being used to charge non Tesla cars is not practical unless the chargeport happens to be in the same place as a Tesla.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
In the UK the parking area is probably privately owned so will attract a parking charge notice for not parking in a designated space or if council owned will be a parking fine. Probably the same for taking up more than one bay so in the real world Tesla chargers being used to charge non Tesla cars is not practical unless the chargeport happens to be in the same place as a Tesla.
I think he was joking. Parking in the grass in any country or county is bound to get you in trouble.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think he was joking. Parking in the grass in any country or county is bound to get you in trouble.
Yes I think I fell for it thinking it would be OK in Germany. Trouble is that nowadays real life has turned into satire. 🤡

PA Bob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD SB
Country flag

Park like a spanner? I thought in the UK the term would be park like a knob!