MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
The Tesla white is blah, I like white cars but not that shade. Our highlander is pearlesant, the MachE Space White, but the Tesla reminds me of my old Bolt, a cheap white.
The white used to be a $2000 option and black was standard. I suspect they were tired of all the complaints about flaws in their paint, and black being the easiest to spot flaws, they then made the white standard which hides flaws very well.

Do you guys hang at the Tesla forums? How are the diehard fans spinning this one? I have not visited there since the day I traded the 3 for MME. I no longer have the MME but I still regularly visit here :cool:
Sponsored

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I think the fact that White is the only color option Tesla offers, without an additional price increase, makes it more common on the road today. Do you remember playing "punchbuggy" every time you saw a VW bug? Try playing "White Tesla"! Loads of fun on your trip! Lol
Interesting about the only color not requing an up charge being white, wonder how many other manufacturers are doing that. One I have noticed is the Jeep Wrangler, if you don't get white it costs extra.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Interesting about the only color not requing an up charge being white, wonder how many other manufacturers are doing that. One I have noticed is the Jeep Wrangler, if you don't get white it costs extra.
Seems like everything that the customer actually wants, is an up charge or a subscription these days.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
No one will care my opinion - but after owning this car for close to one year Ford has seriously let me down at every turn.

I would prefer to own a Tesla over this. The looks of this car are just not worth the hassle.
I also wouldn't buy another MME. That doesn't mean I don't like my car, I just think other, newer EVs are evolving faster than Ford's are, and for what I paid (most I've ever paid for a car by far), I expected more I guess. It does look the best out of all EVs though, but also I don't think I'd miss the attention that brings.

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If Tesla raised the price of Model Y by $5000, were you going to write them a check for the difference? is that fair enough? you made the purchase on the day you purchased the car, you were happy with the price then, and that's the reason why you purchased the car, what happens next is irrelevant.
In case of price increases after purchase, he already paid them the money that they invested for something.
And I can't remember a single time when Tesla suddenly increased prices overnight. Do you?
Price increases always came with a lot of advance notices from Elon.. Probably to push people on the sidelines to commit. Price drop is a different story.
Do you think it is a fair ask to notify the price drops and model availability in advance also?

PS: Some parallel example. You visit a store and the sales person willfully hides the cheaper models. You buy a more expensive one thinking no cheaper option is available. When you find out and call this out as cheating, the salesguy says you paid the higher price, so it is all right. Does this seem like a sleazy sales tactics or does it seem fair to you?

Last edited:

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Seems like everything that the customer actually wants, is an up charge or a subscription these days.
I asked about a garage door opener in the Y, they said a $300 software update, I was like eh, I would hang my stupid thing off the visor again.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Yep, nickel and dime you to death!

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
I also wouldn't buy another MME. That doesn't mean I don't like my car, I just think other, newer EVs are evolving faster than Ford's are, and for what I paid (most I've ever paid for a car by far), I expected more I guess. It does look the best out of all EVs though, but also I don't think I'd miss the attention that brings.
Same, this is by far the most i've ever paid for a car. It looks better than any ev hands down. (in my opinion)

After that, the screen is buggy and a joke. The tech is a joke, like go ahead and pull up youtube and see how slow and buggy it is. Updates, if you're lucky enough to get them, are a joke. The dealership has no clue what this thing is or how to service it. There are modules, not to be confused with updates, that make the car better but the dealership is trying to charge me $150 each to get them.

Its all just extremely underwhelming of an experience outside of the really good looking car. Then Fords CEO can't stop making false promises about how cool the car is going to be and how amazing the updates are going to be.

I'd just prefer not to wait for Ford to get their sh!t together. They talked a big game but they are further behind than they let on.

For all the above, i'd prefer the tesla with the software, system, charging network, and tech that all seem to just work. The car looking like a mom suv can be overlooked. The build quality can be overlooked. My center screen resets mid drive at least once a week. f this.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Same, this is by far the most i've ever paid for a car. It looks better than any ev hands down. (in my opinion)

After that, the screen is buggy and a joke. The tech is a joke, like go ahead and pull up youtube and see how slow and buggy it is. Updates, if you're lucky enough to get them, are a joke. The dealership has no clue what this thing is or how to service it. There are modules, not to be confused with updates, that make the car better but the dealership is trying to charge me $150 each to get them.

Its all just extremely underwhelming of an experience outside of the really good looking car. Then Fords CEO can't stop making false promises about how cool the car is going to be and how amazing the updates are going to be.

I'd just prefer not to wait for Ford to get their sh!t together. They talked a big game but they are further behind than they let on.

For all the above, i'd prefer the tesla with the software, system, charging network, and tech that all seem to just work. The car looking like a mom suv can be overlooked. The build quality can be overlooked. My center screen resets mid drive at least once a week. f this.
What tech is a joke? I prefer the UI in the Ford to the Tesla, from a driving the car perspective. Also I prefer how it drives and looks when buying a my car over YouTube speed.

As someone who has driven an EV for the last 8 years (we also have an ICE) and only used public chargers a handful of times it's a different car experience. No concern over charge network, fighting for chargers, and no need for apps, games or entertainment in car.

Last edited:

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
It is a car...I mean your complaints are buggy YouTube? As a car it drives better and nicer than a Y, and as a driver I find yes the software is more convenient and easier to use than the Tesla. I have a device in my pocket with faster you tube than a Tesla. And people keep saying "the tech" what am I missing? Tesla charges more for it's self driving,
What tech is a joke? I prefer the UI in the Ford to the Tesla, from a driving the car perspective. Also I prefer how it drives and looks when buying a my car over YouTube speed.

As someone who has driven an EV for the last 8 years (we also have an ICE) and only used public chargers a handful of times it's a different car experience. No concern over charge network, fighting for chargers, and no need for apps, games or entertainment in car.

You sound butthurt because i don't like certain aspects of my car. thats odd.

And yes, if i pay 60 grand i have high expectations. I know its a car, i own an ICE car that drives just fine (i'll never sell my mini cooper, funnest drive possible). I personally buy a new car for the driving experience but also and more importantly for me, the extra features. If it was just about driving i'd still be riding around in my old honda civic from college. She never let me down.

Saying you prefer the UI in the Ford to the Tesla UI just shows me we can never see eye to eye on this. Teslas UI and software is LIGHTYEARS ahead. There is a laughable distance between the two.

I love the way my car looks, and drives. Beyond that I feel let down by Ford. Some people care about tech, software, dealership experience, and some people don't. Its okay if you dont.

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
In case of price increases after purchase, he already paid them the money that they invested for something.
And I can't remember a single time when Tesla suddenly increased prices overnight. Do you?
Price increases always came with a lot of advance notices from Elon.. Probably to push people on the sidelines to commit. The price drop is a different story.
Do you think it is a fair ask to notify the price drops and model availability in advance also?

PS: Some parallel examples. You visit a store and the salesperson willfully hides the cheaper models. You buy a more expensive one thinking no cheaper option is available. When you find out and call this out as cheating, the sales guy says you paid the higher price, so it is all right. Does this seem like a sleazy sales tactic or does it seem fair to you?
They increased the price multiple times suddenly last year.
They didn't hide anything, they decided to lower the price, are you tell me now the fools who paid $10k ADM knowingly for their Mach Es and now are $30k negative also need a refund?

Every new month, or quarter, auto manufacturers issue new incentives or increase/decrease lease terms/residuals, they don't announce it in advance, if you buy an Audi today and wake up tomorrow and see Costco issue new $2000 certificate for members, do you also ask them to give you back the incentive?

in the current dealership model, I highly doubt 2 people pay the same amount for a car, pre-covid and even now with adms, my buddy negotiated a $8000 adm last week on a Bolt down to $500, another guy was only able to negotiate that to $5000, both left happy, with Tesla, everyone pays the same price.

FYI, prices are going down most likely further, what's left in the Tesla inventory is M3P with colors that are $500-$2500 above the $55k, and Model YP, so expect to see colors discounted to $0 or wheels discounted to $0 soon to bring more cars under $55k.

With other car brands, there is 0 transparancy, so no one knows what incentives are unless they dig, you can't find out the true price for any car but with Tesla, everyone pays the same price, because it's Tesla/Elon, you hear about these things, I didn't see people complaining about Chevy two weeks ago after they lowered the price of a $35k Bolt to $28k!

PatrickG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Amazing how much Tesla discussion we are getting on a Mach E forum. šŸ˜‚
The MME was purpose-built specifically to compete with Tesla, it never would have existed if the biggest fish in the EV pond was the Nissan Leaf or the Chevy Bolt. The MY and MME are very similar and likely the most often cross-shopped EV's on the market, so a change in the price of the Model Y is inevitably a change in the value of the Mach-E.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
You sound butthurt because i don't like certain aspects of my car. thats odd.

And yes, if i pay 60 grand i have high expectations. I know its a car, i own an ICE car that drives just fine (i'll never sell my mini cooper, funnest drive possible). I personally buy a new car for the driving experience but also and more importantly for me, the extra features. If it was just about driving i'd still be riding around in my old honda civic from college. She never let me down.

Saying you prefer the UI in the Ford to the Tesla UI just shows me we can never see eye to eye on this. Teslas UI and software is LIGHTYEARS ahead. There is a laughable distance between the two.

I love the way my car looks, and drives. Beyond that I feel let down by Ford. Some people care about tech, software, dealership experience, and some people don't. Its okay if you dont.
High expectations for $60k, but that doesnā€™t include looks or build quality? Lol. Okay.

redranger04g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME SR RWD Ice White, 2015 Ford F-150
Country flag
The auto broker is a past BMW sales rep that started his own business.

Giving him the opportunity to sell it since he has an extensive list of customers that he finds vehicles for - mostly overseas customers that will pay premium to have a vehicle shipped internationally....

If he doesn't find a customer, he said he will list it on various sites for me.

Saves me time and worth paying him 1% commission.
Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 12.42.42 PM.png
Youā€™re paying 1% for this?! The email looks like a 12 year old picked it out. This whole ad looks like a scam. I hope this is a joke.