Tesla Supercharger Network vs. the World

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
He goes from posting demonstrable lies to opinions which, however ridiculous, are improvable. I guess that’s an improvement.
Sponsored

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Apparently it's because of EU rules that they had to adopt the CCS EU Standard, they should also be adopting the CCS standard here in NA. and then they would be more open to allow there Supercharger's to other then Tesla users, isn't that Tesla's mission to help people adopt EV?

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No one, least of all Musk, has said EVs "don't need service". They need much less service than an ICE vehicle owing to significantly fewer complex moving parts, but that's hardly the same thing as no service ever.

Now don't get me wrong, I have a fairly poor opinion of Tesla's quality and a large amount of money for service is hardly surprising to me, but let's be reasonable here.
Yes how much does it cost Tesla every year to just fix quality issues with their cars and not wanting to fix the problems at the plant, because they are more interessted by the number of cars going out the doos?

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can look up commercial rates.
What you can’t know is how much it cost to engineer the systems, maintain the systems, improve the systems, rent the land where the systems are deployed, etc. Further, you can’t know how much profit or revenue is associated with the network because Tesla does not disclose it. Unless I’m mistaken, and I happily await correction based on the SEC filings, claims about their profitability are unsupported and counter to Tesla’s official position.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As I said, you don’t know the cost to engineer the systems, maintain the systems, improve the systems, rent the land where the systems are deployed, etc. You know one cost, likely equipment, and you’re extrapolating from it on top of either misunderstanding (at best) or lying about (at worst) the financial statements. I suspect the latter since you refuse to support your claim by citing a page number or providing a screenshot with “charging” P&L broken out of “service,” which you claim tells a tale. Do you have an agenda?

If selling electricity was Tesla’s highest profit item, they would be bankrupt.

Last edited:

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So nothing more than a single uncited figure to support your post, one which you claimed was demonstrated by line items in the financial statement but refuse to reveal, and one which the financial statements repudiate.

Little to see here but that you are a fanboy. I hope others see beyond the veneer.
Sponsored