Tesla Supercharger Network vs. the World

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
I think that was a spokesman, not Elon Musk.

Either way, the company’s official position is that they seek to cover a portion of the costs.

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
A lot of the criticisms of the CCS network have been widely covered already. I think the biggest ones Matt Ferrell covers are # of chargers per station and the patchwork nature of CCS providers vs. Tesla's comprehensive network.

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
He says his Taycan charging session was $0.89/min but it's $0.32/min at worst nowadays. I think it was a definite misrepresentation and he is coming to this from a Tesla biased slant.

That being said, he's not wrong on the number of stations, the number of chargers, and the comprehensive nature of the supercharger network versus the patchwork spread of CCS.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lies indeed.

Service revenue wasn’t $800 million, it was $2.2 billion.
Service profit wasn’t profit at all, it was a more than $0.5 billion loss.

I don’t understand the impetus to just make stuff up which is easily refuted with a quick google search. It’s like someone who used to lie in order to impress his friends back when it took effort to learn the truth, who hasn’t broke the habit.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla Supercharger Network vs. the World 094CE85C-B454-44B6-8F9A-E499EFEE9059

https://ir.tesla.com/_flysystem/s3/sec/000156459020004475/tsla-10k_20191231-gen_0.pdf

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Go ahead and screen shot those lines and cite the page number. I’m happy to be demonstrated wrong.

Protip: I searched the document for the term “charging” and it appears in no accounting line item.

I repeat: I don’t understand the impetus to just make stuff up which is easily refuted with a quick google search. It’s like someone who used to lie in order to impress his friends back when it took effort to learn the truth, who hasn’t broke the habit.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No they don’t.
Show the line items you say bear out your claim.

I repeat: I don’t understand the impetus to just make stuff up which is easily refuted with a quick google search. It’s like someone who used to lie in order to impress his friends back when it took effort to learn the truth, who hasn’t broke the habit.
Sponsored

Last edited: