Tesla vs Mach E

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I just got back from Test driving the Model Y.
it was the LR AWD. It was not as fast as I thought it would be
Rear sub trunk is deeper than I thought. Auto folding seats didn’t auto fold.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla vs Mach E 587AD6CF-7CB9-401C-B667-5ACA72BEC88B
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla vs Mach E 26644805-F472-4535-A405-C670BA376708

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla vs Mach E 1C64AA3B-0C46-4CDD-893A-3994CF504889
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla vs Mach E 89D5CCC6-91B5-4D47-8477-B81C2A8E9D86

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
It’s fine. The emptiness in front was not a problem but I was more distracted having to look right. There was too much human interaction for touch less drive. Regen wasn’t strong enough. Autopilot was ok. It’s not for me. I didn’t inspect the car for defects. I didn’t like how the windows go down a little and the passenger window went all the way down when I opened the door and it was raining.

Opinion is I like my 2015 MB BEV compliance car better. I would take the model Y over any ICE car.
I felt people were driving more aggressive around me in the Tesla.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I just got back from Test driving the Model Y.
it was the LR AWD. It was not as fast as I thought it would be
Rear sub trunk is deeper than I thought. Auto folding seats didn’t auto fold.
wait wait wait

I want to make sure I'm understanding this.

A new car that was being sold as new that you were test-driving already had one of the basic features of the vehicle not working?

I mean I know we have all heard of the 900,000 item delivery checklists etc. but you'd think they'd have that kind of thing sorted before a test drive?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
wait wait wait

I want to make sure I'm understanding this.

A new car that was being sold as new that you were test-driving already had one of the basic features of the vehicle not working?

I mean I know we have all heard of the 900,000 item delivery checklists etc. but you'd think they'd have that kind of thing sorted before a test drive?
Why bother to improve a product until either supply exceeds demand, or demand figures out there are superior suppliers?

pooter03

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Occupation
IT
Country flag
As I ponder my first EV purchase and weigh the pros it consistently comes down to software vs hardware. Fords legacy car manufacturing experience should lead to a better constructed car with higher quality fit and finish. On the other hand, Tesla’s lead in software development is not be under estimated. Can Ford put out as polished product on the first go around? Also, the resale value of the Model 3 is compelling. On looks the Mach E wins hands down vs the MY, although the M3 is more attractive than the MY IMHO. Too bad Tesla didn’t make the M3 a hatch.
For whatever its worth, my ex-brother-in-law has a 5 year old Model S and it's been a lemon from the start. It's been in the shop multiple times a year, every year. The customer service is terrible as well. Because of that and similar stories I've seen over the years, I knew I didn't want to try my luck with a Tesla.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
For whatever its worth, my ex-brother-in-law has a 5 year old Model S and it's been a lemon from the start. It's been in the shop multiple times a year, every year. The customer service is terrible as well. Because of that and similar stories I've seen over the years, I knew I didn't want to try my luck with a Tesla.
I have the distinct fortune of working for a company started by two close friends in which I was part of the "ground floor" of their startup. Things have been going well and the two founders bought themselves Model X's on the same day three years ago. When they brought them into the office, I was amazed and marveled at the tech. As time wore on though, I started hearing about the problems they were both having. One of them had a massive rain leak through the falcon doors, another had a panel inside that wouldn't stay on and then rattled incessantly after being "repaired". Another problem had to do with a catastrophic suspension failure. Yet another was a 12 volt battery problem that left him stranded on the side of the road. Each time they had to bring it into the shop, they had to wait (without a loaner) for over 2 weeks to be seen. I own a VW GTI and have had less shop visits, even including my regular maintenance schedules than either one of them have had on flaws in their 100k vehicles. My appeal of their cars began to wane and as I began researching my path to an electric vehicle, I saw so many other Tesla horror stories. I already knew the owner was a douche, but the quality control and service issues of that company would infuriate me to no end. Reading all those issues made me realize that I'll never own one of their products. I wonder if their cars will get any better once Elon inevitably sells off the company to the Chinese.

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
I have the distinct fortune of working for a company started by two close friends in which I was part of the "ground floor" of their startup. Things have been going well and the two founders bought themselves Model X's on the same day three years ago. When they brought them into the office, I was amazed and marveled at the tech. As time wore on though, I started hearing about the problems they were both having. One of them had a massive rain leak through the falcon doors, another had a panel inside that wouldn't stay on and then rattled incessantly after being "repaired". Another problem had to do with a catastrophic suspension failure. Yet another was a 12 volt battery problem that left him stranded on the side of the road. Each time they had to bring it into the shop, they had to wait (without a loaner) for over 2 weeks to be seen. I own a VW GTI and have had less shop visits, even including my regular maintenance schedules than either one of them have had on flaws in their 100k vehicles. My appeal of their cars began to wane and as I began researching my path to an electric vehicle, I saw so many other Tesla horror stories. I already knew the owner was a douche, but the quality control and service issues of that company would infuriate me to no end. Reading all those issues made me realize that I'll never own one of their products. I wonder if their cars will get any better once Elon inevitably sells off the company to the Chinese.
I had a buddy take a job at Tesla as a final QC inspector. He hated it and quit because he was told to pass through so many flawed cars that he would flag as needing to be fixed. When he first started, he sent so many back that he was told to let them slide. He told me they would increase the specs of acceptable flaws threshold just to get more cars out the door. He also told me they never made a Model X that would keep out water, the falcon doors always leaked.

Ezel

First Name
Ezel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
celica
Country flag
Mustang gonna be faster than tesla ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I have to say, that’s a desirable feature.
For the one or two times you may need it . . . yeah, I guess, but is it worth what will be soon almost $10K for Elon's FSD? I'll get my shoes wet.

Sponsored