scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Uh huh, how about a comparison of build quality added to that video?

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
CleanerWatt (the guy that did the video) is a Tesla owner that portrays himself as being some EV expert. If you notice, he didn't actually drive the Mach-E GT. I don't know if he has ever even driven a regular Mach-E. He just looks at other people's reviews and stats on paper.

I trust someone like @OutofSpecKyle a bit more. He owns a Model 3 Performance and test drives all sorts of EVs and non-EVs. He likes the Mach-E but is fair in his criticism. He has been critical of the Mach-E's charging drop-off at 80% and brake/regen blending. Kyle was at the big Ford event for the GT and afterwards had this to say:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Most of his video is regurgitation of portions of reviews that other people have performed. He makes some conclusions, but it doesn't appear that he's gotten hands-on with the car.

There is a flaw in his logic when comparing charging speeds. He uses a review that quotes the EPA claim from both manufacturers. While the Brand T will still put in more miles per minute due to it being more efficient, Brand T doesn't even nearly approach their claim for battery range, where the MME gets very close or exceeds in the real world.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
CleanerWatt (the guy that did the video) is a Tesla owner that portrays himself as being some EV expert. If you notice, he didn't actually drive the Mach-E GT. I don't know if he has ever even driven a regular Mach-E. He just looks at other people's reviews and stats on paper.

I trust someone like @OutofSpecKyle a bit more. He owns a Model 3 Performance and test drives all sorts of EVs and non-EVs. He likes the Mach-E but is fair in his criticism. He has been critical of the Mach-E's charging drop-off at 80% and brake/regen blending. Kyle was at the big Ford event for the GT and afterwards had this to say:

Didn't Kyle also state in his video that he has a GT-PE on order for personal use? IIRC he expressed that he was excited about it.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Homelink, having a blind spot monitor where it should be and 360 degree cam for parking are pretty big missing features from the Model Y....not including the fact that it's just super boring to look at both exterior and interior.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Didn't Kyle also state in his video that he has a GT-PE on order for personal use? IIRC he expressed that he was excited about it.
I believe he has a Taycan on order.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
So if what you want is straight-line acceleration, buy a Tesla.

After I drove both a Model Y and a MME, I decided to buy the better VEHICLE. I guess if I was 22 and wanted go-fast... but then I'd also want loud pipes so I wouldn't be buying electric. :)

Last edited:

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Most of his video is regurgitation of portions of reviews that other people have performed. He makes some conclusions, but it doesn't appear that he's gotten hands-on with the car.

There is a flaw in his logic when comparing charging speeds. He uses a review that quotes the EPA claim from both manufacturers. While the Brand T will still put in more miles per minute due to it being more efficient, Brand T doesn't even nearly approach their claim for battery range, where the MME gets very close or exceeds in the real world.
I think it's pretty clear that Tesla is far ahead of Ford when it comes to charging networks. Controlling everything has its value much like Apple's ecosystem. Tesla has control of the charger, the protocol they use and are optimized in a better charging curve than Ford who has to rely on a multitude of 3rd party providers. This is not saying that standards like CCS are bad, just that it makes it more difficult. Ford knows this and is working on a change in the charging curve to address the 80% cliff.

Now, as more and more chargers are built, the availability problem will lessen. We are early in the process and this is a new model and new drivetrain for Ford. I don't expect perfection, but I do want improvement. Ford needs to do that. And, start communicating.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
While I agree with some of the video, Inside EV bashes on anything non Tesla. Notice how he says when the Tesla is better, then when the mach e out does the Tesla they are "comparable".

The GTPE has issues, i know first hand, but I cringe at inside EV.

Last edited:

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

My Y Long Range gets 270 Wh/mi in mid 20F weather. That same drive in 60F weather, 237 Wh/mi.
270 Wh/mi is 3.7 miles per kWh
237 Wh/mi is 4.2 miles per kWh
This is down I95 from Delaware to Northern Virginia. In ideal weather, not quite the EPA but fairly close. I've done this drive multiple times, although recently I've swapped out to 20" aftermarket wheels, so my efficiency is about 25 Wh/mi worse.. No issues with range on my vehicle.

20211015_124421.jpg

20211015_124615.jpg

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I haven't seen this posted here yet, but I just watched the review. It's NOT a great one for the Mach-E GT. I really, REALLY hope that Ford is paying attention.

P.S. Just adding to the reviews, don't shoot the messenger.

Tesla Model Y Performance Vs Mustang Mach-E GT: In-Depth Comparo (insideevs.com)
Number one this guy has always been a tesla fan and that is fine. Doesn't matter what car vs tesla. It is what it is with him. Tesla, Mache, whichever Bev you buy is not always going to be the best or have the best aspect of each dynamic of a car.

Propaganda and people's ideas about vehicles can get pushed just as much as other items.

t12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I think it's pretty clear that Tesla is far ahead of Ford when it comes to charging networks. Controlling everything has its value much like Apple's ecosystem. Tesla has control of the charger, the protocol they use and are optimized in a better charging curve than Ford who has to rely on a multitude of 3rd party providers.
Agreed. Taking charging infrastructure into consideration, I feel that while Mach-E is the better car, Model Y is the better EV today. I have no doubt the charging infrastructure will improve, but the road trip charging situation is likely to get worse before getting better as more EVs are on the road.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Agreed. Taking charging infrastructure into consideration, I feel that while Mach-E is the better car, Model Y is the better EV today. I have no doubt the charging infrastructure will improve, but the road trip charging situation is likely to get worse before getting better as more EVs are on the road.
As far as charging infrastructure goes, I think it also depends on where you are located. In California, Electrify America alone has L3 coverage all over the state, let alone when you consider all the other providers out there.

I’m not much a road tripper (put me firmly in the camp of, if it takes more than a day of driving to get there, the only place I should be driving to is the airport). In my life, from Southern California, I have driven to the San Francisco Bay Area, Monterey, Lake Tahoe, Mammoth, San Diego, Palm Springs, Fresno, Las Vegas, and the Grand Canyon. All of these destinations are easily reachable with CCS charging, even with just Electrify America.

From what I have seen, I think at this point, most places for most people in the United States have good CCS coverage. Room for improvement, sure, but a good 80%-90% of what needs to be there is already there.
Sponsored