tpalermo30

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Country flag
I'm in northern CA and no dealerships have a Mach-E to test drive. I've check from Redding to Sacramento over to the Bay Area. Everyone I talk with basically told me I have to order one and at that time I can test drive it. Is that really true? I have not check in the LA area yet but I don't want to have to drive 8 hours for a test drive. I heard a few dealers in the Bay Area might have some but they told me they are all sold. I thought I had a lead in Turlock/Stockton area but I called and the one I thought they had was actually sold yesterday.

If anyone lives in Northern CA and no of a place where I can test drive one that would be awesome.
Sponsored

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
I'm in northern CA and no dealerships have a Mach-E to test drive. I've check from Redding to Sacramento over to the Bay Area. Everyone I talk with basically told me I have to order one and at that time I can test drive it. Is that really true? I have not check in the LA area yet but I don't want to have to drive 8 hours for a test drive. I heard a few dealers in the Bay Area might have some but they told me they are all sold. I thought I had a lead in Turlock/Stockton area but I called and the one I thought they had was actually sold yesterday.

If anyone lives in Northern CA and no of a place where I can test drive one that would be awesome.
I live in SoCal. It is true, they usually don't have a car available for testdrive. But I left them my info, and they called me when they got something available.

OP
OP

tpalermo30

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Country flag
I live in SoCal. It is true, they usually don't have a car available for testdrive. But I left them my info, and they called me when they got something available.
Thanks for letting me know. I figured but I really want to test drive before I buy it but does not sound like that's an option.

Did you end up getting one? If you did I know you might still be waiting but which model did you get?

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Thanks for letting me know. I figured but I really want to test drive before I buy it but does not sound like that's an option.

Did you end up getting one? If you did I know you might still be waiting but which model did you get?
You just order it online. You'll have a plenty of time to testdrive it. You can cancel your order at any point
I don't need those whistles the premium has, I also don't need amazing performance of GT at the expense of range. But I need a big battery and a good drive. So I have ordered CA Rt1 AWD

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Dealers had demos in the summer, and have apparently sold them all.

DogNPony

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 4X, Victory Cross Country
Occupation
IT System Engineer
Country flag
AutoTrader, cars.com, CarMax, Carvana...etc.
Find a used one. They are out there.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
If you want to come to Northern NY I’ll let you test drive mine. But it was -18°F this morning. So you may wish to stay closer to home. ?

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I never test drove one until months after I ordered it. No risk as I could cancel my order at any time and get a full refund. Once the car showed up, I could walk away with no obligation if I did not like it. My suggestion is to order one and test drive at some point in the future. No risk to you, and the dealer gets a car he can mark up and sell to someone else. As others have learned, get that in writing from the dealer when you order - the OTD price and the fact that your 500 deposit to Ford is fully refundable. I love this car and am glad I did this.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
looks like Napa Ford has a used one in stock.... I am sure that would be available for a test drive and at the price they are asking I would guess it is not going anywhere in the next few days.

robug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Ext RWD
Country flag
Look on Turo.com and rent one for a day. Took a one-day 400 mile test drive and was sold. It beats riding around with a sales guy from the dealership!

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
We ran into the same issue here in Arizona. We tried all of AZ, up to Vegas, west to LA, southwest to San Diego, and east to Albuquerque, basically anywhere within a day's to a day and a half drive of our location. For months we tried. We finally found a used one on a Land Rover and Jaguar dealer lot in Phoenix. We made a day out of it and made our decision on the way home, ordered that day.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium Space White
Country flag
$285 just to test drive ... yikes.

But more importantly let's have a serious conversation about your username Chris. Are you okay?
Ha! Looks like a 2 day minimum, so about $200. I know, my username is probably too easy to guess, isn't it?
Sponsored