Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
It varies from vehicle to vehicle, but I bet if you push and release your start button with no brake applied, you are in acc mode. If you push and hold the start button for several seconds with no brake applied, it goes to ignition on. That is the way it is both in my 2020 Miata, as well as my former 2015 Volvo S60. You can tell the difference based on what lights / warnings appear on your instrument panel.
Perhaps you're right; never tried. However, for the purpose of the question you're asking, just pressing the start button without the brake will work. That is how I have done all FDRS updates to my truck and several other vehicles including a few Mach E's and Lightnings that I have worked on to help some forum members out who happened to be local to my area.
Sponsored

grein002

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE, Red w/Gray interior
I appreciate that feedback. Good to know it works in acc mode.

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
Not sure if this helps, but in the acc mode it only powers 12 volt. In full on it closes HV contactors. There are pumps that run on the HV power as well as charging. FDRS should tell you when it wants the HV on for testing.

scharebear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE
Maybe a dumb question but I have been reading through a lot and have not seen this mentioned. Can you use FDRS to make all of the small "line by line changes" such as turning off seat belt chimes or do you still need FORSCAN for that?

avdonr

First Name
Avdon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Maybe a dumb question but I have been reading through a lot and have not seen this mentioned. Can you use FDRS to make all of the small "line by line changes" such as turning off seat belt chimes or do you still need FORSCAN for that?
What you are referring to is the “as-built” configuration. FDRS can modify those values but only for pre-defined cases that Ford allows. If you want to disable something like the seat belt chime, you’ll need FORScan for that. It will allow you to change any setting you like.

Helly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
Hi, i have a problem to do ipc update it will download vehicule data for 1min and stop with an error. I cannot do also configuration of APIM and TCU with the same problem. When i do APIM touch screen configuration it tried to see version of gwm apim tcu and ipc module the only one hasn't the good version is ipc(but i cannot upgrade it or doing ipc pmi)

Have you an idea ?
My vin:WF0TK3SS7PMA41929

The download process which failed
P_20240510_142248.jpg

The number version i think
P_20240510_155536.jpg

The process of testing all module version
P_20240510_151754.jpg

These two software update doesn t work
P_20240510_155659.jpg

I m in the 40.4.0.5 version of fdrs and it was same with the 40.4.0.1 version but i had to ipma and pscm update which it done successful today

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Hi, i have a problem to do ipc update it will download vehicule data for 1min and stop with an error. I cannot do also configuration of APIM and TCU with the same problem. When i do APIM touch screen configuration it tried to see version of gwm apim tcu and ipc module the only one hasn't the good version is ipc(but i cannot upgrade it or doing ipc pmi)

Have you an idea ?
My vin:WF0TK3SS7PMA41929

The download process which failed
P_20240510_142248.jpg

The number version i think
P_20240510_155536.jpg

The process of testing all module version
P_20240510_151754.jpg

These two software update doesn t work
P_20240510_155659.jpg

I m in the 40.4.0.5 version of fdrs and it was same with the 40.4.0.1 version but i had to ipma and pscm update which it done successful today
Your ability to update your TCU is being blocked by Ford at the server end (see the GVMS error?).

I don't know if the IPC update you're trying to do requires the TCU to be updated first (dependency issue).

It looks like while you were trying to do updates...your car was trying to update the TCU by an OTA:
Ford Mustang Mach-E The Complete DIY Guide to Updating Your Mach-E with FDRS (Alternative to Forscan) WF0TK3SS7PMA41929-10-May-24OTA

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
@Helly

Try disconnecting FDRS...shutting the car down for 10 minutes with the driver's door slightly open, and then press the start button without depressing the brake and then relaunch FDRS to see if anything's changed. I've just checked your VIN and that GVMS error is gone on my end. So give it another try. You need to do the TCU before doing the IPC I think.

Helly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
Your ability to update your TCU is being blocked by Ford at the server end (see the GVMS error?).

I don't know if the IPC update you're trying to do requires the TCU to be updated first (dependency issue).

It looks like while you were trying to do updates...your car was trying to update the TCU by an OTA:
Ford Mustang Mach-E The Complete DIY Guide to Updating Your Mach-E with FDRS (Alternative to Forscan) WF0TK3SS7PMA41929-10-May-24OTA
Hi Mike

Yesterday effectively OTA try to install 6.3.0 but it failed like an other OTA two weeks ago. So i decided to upgrade the ipma and pscm today that i let at my last fdrs update (i had not 3h to spend on it and no power supply for it,now i have).

So i did my ipma ans pscm without any error and ipc update was here two so i decide to do it after the first error tcu appeared...

How to see gvms error ? I have nothing in the history of ipc update or apim and tcu reconfiguration which all stop with same error just after trying to download vehicule information (the 1st step before to put ignition on and begin an update)

Helly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
@Helly

Try disconnecting FDRS...shutting the car down for 10 minutes with the driver's door slightly open, and then press the start button without depressing the brake and then relaunch FDRS to see if anything's changed. I've just checked your VIN and that GVMS error is gone on my end. So give it another try. You need to do the TCU before doing the IPC I think.
Ok i will retry by begin with tcu

Helly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
@Helly

I try tcu first sam error for tcu during the download. Retry after with ipc same problem

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
I try tcu first sam error for tcu during the download. Retry after with ipc same problem
What is the exact error it gives you when you click download and it fails to download?

Helly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
What is the exact error it gives you when you click download and it fails to download?
When i launch the execution of tcu update or ipc update it start "downloading vehicle data" and few second (may be 1 min) it stop at same step with this error
P_20240510_142335.jpg

Nothing else and i came back on the screen of a software update chose...

It make that also on a pmi on apim tcu and ipc or on any configuration of apim or tcu. The configuration of ipc work it change language of the screen from french to english...
Sponsored