MightyJawa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt
Country flag
Just got my Blue Cruise update and I wondered if anybody else has experienced the same quirk I’m seeing. I was getting “Watch the Road” (WtR) warnings even when I was staring straight out the front window. Very frustrating. I wear prescription glasses with every coating known to man on them so I wondered if maybe an anti reflective coating was interfering with the Eye Nanny (EN). So next time I got the WtR warning I lifted my glasses above my eyes, and the warning went away. Great, I have to have my glasses, so I guess no Blue Cruise for me.

But it didn’t happen all the time, so I did some more experiments. And I think it is instead a problem with my progressive lenses. I noticed when the WtR warning came up, if I tilted my head down slightly so that I could see the EN through the upper portion of my lenses, the warning would go away. And when I tilted my head back slightly so that the EN was looking through the bottom part of my lenses (the part with the greatest correction) the warning would pop up.

Anyway, a very slight change in my head position fixed the problem. i was just wondering if anybody else is seeing something similar.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Nothing like that. I wear progressives and the EN has no issues seeing my eyes.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I wear perception glasses with anti-glare and progressive lenses. My sunglasses have progressive lenses and polarized lenses. Never had an issue with watch the road warnings.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I wear progressives with an astigmatism and high-index lenses and have no problems with the eye nanny

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I am in the process of getting progressives but don’t think this will bea problem with my car. Ford didn’t allow me to get the eye-nanny or the other associated stuff Since the metal roof was important to me. 🤪🐩

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Since it is a problem for you and not others, I wonder if height is involved? I could see where the lower part of the lens would be more likely to be in the detection path of a taller person.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Just got my Blue Cruise update and I wondered if anybody else has experienced the same quirk I’m seeing. I was getting “Watch the Road” (WtR) warnings even when I was staring straight out the front window. Very frustrating. I wear prescription glasses with every coating known to man on them so I wondered if maybe an anti reflective coating was interfering with the Eye Nanny (EN). So next time I got the WtR warning I lifted my glasses above my eyes, and the warning went away. Great, I have to have my glasses, so I guess no Blue Cruise for me.

But it didn’t happen all the time, so I did some more experiments. And I think it is instead a problem with my progressive lenses. I noticed when the WtR warning came up, if I tilted my head down slightly so that I could see the EN through the upper portion of my lenses, the warning would go away. And when I tilted my head back slightly so that the EN was looking through the bottom part of my lenses (the part with the greatest correction) the warning would pop up.

Anyway, a very slight change in my head position fixed the problem. i was just wondering if anybody else is seeing something similar.
I have progressive lenses with a transition coating I often wear while driving. I’ve yet to experience this issue though. I might add however, that I’m not very consistent at wearing those glasses. I’ll often wear non prescription sunglasses or a distance correction only pair of glasses.

I also have a pair of polarized sunglasses as well that the eye nanny doesn’t care about either. 🤷‍♂️

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I have progressive lenses with a transition coating I often wear while driving. I’ve yet to experience this issue though. I might add however, that I’m not very consistent at wearing those glasses. I’ll often wear non prescription sunglasses or a distance correction only pair of glasses.

I have a longer drive tomorrow afternoon in the MME, I’ll give them a try then. Should be ideal. Heading southwest bound in late afternoon.

I also have a pair of polarized sunglasses as well that the eye nanny doesn’t care about either. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP

MightyJawa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt
Country flag
Since it is a problem for you and not others, I wonder if height is involved? I could see where the lower part of the lens would be more likely to be in the detection path of a taller person.
Could be part of it. I’m 6’ tall And tend to sit up a little straighter in the car.

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
I had trouble with prescription sunglasses with infrared coating.

MoeHouston

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium, Mustang GT 5.0.
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
One thing I noticed is that I kept getting the "watch the road" notification was when driving at night. I keep my car brightness fairly low so it wouldn't even detect my eyes which is kind of frustrating but I get it. The high level brightness at night hurts my eyes. So I keep it fairly low. However blue cruise is like... nope.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I thought there weren’t any BlueCruise roads in your part of HI?

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
No problems with my progressive lens glasses (coated with everything) The nanny struggles to see my eyes when I wear sunglasses. That gets annoying.

Caliroute1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I wear progressives that also correct for astigmatism, and have a variety of coatings (including the Transitions that works through auto glass), and have no issues. I also suffer from strabismus, which doesn’t seem to have an impact either.
Sponsored