TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wish they'd fix their android app. It's been showing all stations in "coming soon" status for a month.
Sponsored

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Kansas City is a major city. It is not just a stopover on the drive through flyover country, but it looks that’s what EA thinks based upon where it dropped its one station so far.
We know all too well about Kansas City being a stop order, I mean stopover, kind of place. ?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting. Looks fine on my app. I'm using Android also.
Really? That's interesting. I know of at least 3 people who reported the same problem with the Android app. Must be something more specific then. We've already reinstalled fresh multiple times.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
My concern is I read an article today out of Ford Authority stating that Ford is working with Google to form a new infotainment system which will be android based and dump sync systems all together.

2 questions

1. I am all apple. How will this affect me??

2. The MME is Sync 4 if Ford dumps it what happens to our cars?? Are we forced to buy a new one?? Could there be an OTA to revise our systems???

FirstBEV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus, ordered Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Kansas City is a major city. It is not just a stopover on the drive through flyover country, but it looks that’s what EA thinks based upon where it dropped its one station so far.
I grew up in Missouri and agree it’s not flyover country and deserves more. However, EA is only rolling out chargers in select cities. For example, in the 5 boroughs of New York City (not metro area, just city) with a population of 8.49 million, there’s only one charger that’s in queens. Otherwise they’re in New Jersey. Austin, TX (metro area 2.2 million compared to 2.1 million in KC) only has one charger and it’s not even in Austin. Same for San Antonio, Minneapolis, countless other cities. Basically every city that’s not on the west coast, some of the northeast, Denver, Atlanta or Chicago has 1 charger. If EA is going to expand, why KC over Minneapolis or Austin or St. Louis (they put it in East St. Louis?!?!?!)? I’m just saying it might not be high on their priority list, not specifically because they think KC is bad or something.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My concern is I read an article today out of Ford Authority stating that Ford is working with Google to form a new infotainment system which will be android based and dump sync systems all together.

2 questions

2. The MME is Sync 4 if Ford dumps it what happens to our cars?? Are we forced to buy a new one?? Could there be an OTA to revise our systems???
No one really knows. Lots of speculation in a few other threads though...

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...tion-starting-in-2023.3072/page-12#post-99379

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I grew up in Missouri and agree it’s not flyover country and deserves more. However, EA is only rolling out chargers in select cities. For example, in the 5 boroughs of New York City (not metro area, just city) with a population of 8.49 million, there’s only one charger that’s in queens. Otherwise they’re in New Jersey. Austin, TX (metro area 2.2 million compared to 2.1 million in KC) only has one charger and it’s not even in Austin. Same for San Antonio, Minneapolis, countless other cities. Basically every city that’s not on the west coast, some of the northeast, Denver, Atlanta or Chicago has 1 charger. If EA is going to expand, why KC over Minneapolis or Austin or St. Louis (they put it in East St. Louis?!?!?!)? I’m just saying it might not be high on their priority list, not specifically because they think KC is bad or something.
I still find it frustrating that they're putting more than just a few EA chargers in cities at all, when there's usually other options there. It's BETWEEN cities that we really need them. There's still a lot of travel routes that aren't covered, while some cities are blanketed with them.

FirstBEV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus, ordered Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I still find it frustrating that they're putting more than just a few EA chargers in cities at all, when there's usually other options there. It's BETWEEN cities that we really need them. There's still a lot of travel routes that aren't covered, while some cities are blanketed with them.
Like this. It just ends at Minneapolis.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The truth about Electrify America's progress and Traveling with the Mach E 55BE5C57-128B-49E4-AD59-BF3DC24182C8

Or none down I-55 from St. Louis to New Orleans. I agree the DCFC are for road trips, not filling up day to day in your city.

E76AC48F-A7D7-438D-BB5C-64D609D5AA8B.jpeg

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

2 questions

Ford would be stupid to drop support of Apple Carplay, and they are not stupid. So, it probably means nothing in terms of how your phone's support changes in the future.

Based on history, Ford is not likely to switch sync4a to the new platform, but that is definitely a possibility - however unlikely. Even if they did, they would be dumb to drop iPhone support - doing so would drive a significant chunk of their potential customers to other manufacturers. What is more likely is that 2021 - 2023 MME models will stay on Sync4a. Beyond a certain point bugs will continue to be fixed, but they probably will not be adding new features - again based on history with prior sync generations. That doesn't mean your car will stop working. Just like an iPhone 7 continued to work and get fixes long after the next several generations came out, a 2021 Mach E will continue to work and be maintainable for a decade or more. Again, Ford is pretty good at making and selling cars - abandoning a bunch of customers would be detrimental to their reputation and they know that. That's actually the benefit of buying from a 117 year old car company instead of a software company whose systems happen to run on hardware with wheels.

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
EA having enough stations in metro areas to be convenient doesn’t make much sense to me before the demand is there. Why they built their network out so much in Chicago and Atlanta while they still have huge gaps on the interstates is beyond me. People shouldn’t really be using them outside of road trips.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
People shouldn’t really be using them outside of road trips.
Lots of people live in apartment buildings and other locations where they can't put in their own L2 charger, and thus have to make do with an alternative. Sometimes that alternative is to use DCFC even though it does put more of a strain on the battery.

mmefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME ER/AWD
Country flag
Stupid question, and maybe its been asked here before --- why not just add DCFC units at gas stations? Their physical locations already blanket our nation really well. The major gas and oil companies have seen the writing on the wall. If anything, getting in early on the EV movement would only hedge and offset their long-term losses to fossil fuels, right?

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Stupid question, and maybe its been asked here before --- why not just add DCFC units at gas stations? Their physical locations already blanket our nation really well. The major gas and oil companies have seen the writing on the wall. If anything, getting in early on the EV movement would only hedge and offset their long-term losses to fossil fuels, right?
Some already does.
Sponsored