Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is it really shameful? It's the Fog of Logistics, think about the workload of that Regional Ford Rep, I assure you they are inundated with email, phone calls, people yelling at them. They are working long hours trying to get things unstuck, they know how messed up things are.

The Fog of logistics is changing daily, if they would say one thing, then it changes, everyone would be enraged even more. They are between a rock and a hard spot.
The one thing I have learned in many years of business is that communication with the buyer goes a long way to smooth over any issues

easy to send out an e mail to people
Sponsored

NormaV

First Name
Norma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang convertible, Space White Premium MME Ex
Occupation
retired RN
Country flag
Is it really shameful? It's the Fog of Logistics, think about the workload of that Regional Ford Rep, I assure you they are inundated with email, phone calls, people yelling at them. They are working long hours trying to get things unstuck, they know how messed up things are.

The Fog of logistics is changing daily, if they would say one thing, then it changes, everyone would be enraged even more. They are between a rock and a hard spot.
You and I are from different view points.
You seem to be ok with nothing being said and assuming you understand.
I don't understand and would like to understand i.e. chip shortage, lack of truckers, recall...

Different viewpoints is what makes the world go round. And the ability to agree to disagree makes for good discussion.

Hopefully, in time we will all get our cars and feel the wait and frustration was well worth it!

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
I have no doubt of this either. My main business is port equipment and I know what our customers are going through trying to move containers. I'm sure Ford has the skills to get this sorted.

In the meantime though, they have not ramped up their customer experience and support personnel to drive an online sales platform. If we all ordered directly at the dealership, there would be less grumbling. An online ordering platform brings a different set of transparency expectations. Ford will get better at it (they have to for success) but it will hurt a few customers in the meantime.
You’re right—the customer experience piece is a no-brainer, and also sorely missing. My employer’s customer experience team would be mortified if told of what Ford is passing off as (pre-delivery, at least) customer experience.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Yea, we are feeling that pain too. No one wants to ship empty containers to where they are needed, the imbalance is another logistical nightmare. Daily, they have to make decisions on what is available, Ship, Truck, Train, Fly
Logistics has been a complex challenge for centuries.

Protracted global "logistical nightmares" are new.

Thank you, Dr. Fauci.

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag

Im sorry, but this thread is for those of us who haven’t received or Mache to be grumpy in. Can you cease and desist with your defending of Ford? Thanks, and bye bye then.

Gixxer750

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 VW Golf R; 2021 ER AWD Rapid Red
Occupation
Innovation Guru
Country flag
Im sorry, but this thread is for those of us who haven’t received or Mache to be grumpy in. Can you cease and desist with your defending of Ford? Thanks, and bye bye then.
It's also a place to try and have a laugh and discuss about it.

I think all of us in this thread need to realize we are complaining about our $50k plus cars coming late. Does it suck, yes. Do we need to be uncivil to each other about, no.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

I think all of us in this thread need to realize we are complaining about our $50k plus cars coming late. Does it suck, yes. Do we need to be uncivil to each other about, no.
That would be like the few who can’t resist being negative on the FB ‘Mach-E Nation’ group. :)

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag

we are here being grumpy about poor communication, and so it doesnt make us feel any better to hear how wonderful ford is and that we should be more understanding. It undermines the purpose of this thread. Not to mention, I am having a laugh, im quoting ace Ventura for goodness sakes.

Gixxer750

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 VW Golf R; 2021 ER AWD Rapid Red
Occupation
Innovation Guru
Country flag
we are here being grumpy about poor communication, and so it doesnt make us feel any better to hear how wonderful ford is and that we should be more understanding. It undermines the purpose of this thread. Not to mention, I am having a laugh, im quoting ace Ventura for goodness sakes.
Ha! Missed the Ace Ventura reference. I know it as "Take care now, bye bye then!".

Grumpiness may resume as scheduled.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Update (of sorts):

I spoke with my sales rep this morning from my car. He said that he'd received an email from the Regional Ford Rep., who said my Mach-E is being held due to a rear floor extrusion issue and that there is no scheduled release date from the rail yard distribution center.

When I got home, I sent him the following email:
----------
Dear Paul,

I just looked it up and found this concerning the seat belt anchor recall:

Rear floor assemblies were produced with tapping plates that may have oversized extruded bolt holes used to attach the rear seat belt buckles. Oversized extruded bolt holes may decrease the strength of the fastener joint causing inadequate attachment of the rear seat belt during loading. An inadequately attached rear seat belt could detach under loading and may not adequately restrain an occupant in a crash, increasing the risk of injury.
Owners will be notified via first-class mail after repair instructions and parts ordering information has been provided to dealers.

Also, from page 4 of the NHTSA bulletin:

The remedy component will have the correct bolt hole size by utilizing the Helicoil repair procedure.

Based on this information, I simply can’t understand why Ford Motor Company won’t release the car to you, so your service department can proceed with the recall work. After all, you can’t legally deliver the car to me before fixing it, so there’s no reasonable explanation for the delay.

Somewhere in the communication chain there’s a block that needs to be freed up!

Thanks,
Bob
----------
Hopefully my rep will now follow-up with Ford, now that he knows that the rear floor extrusion issue is actually the rear seat belt recall.

The fix is so simple, and fixed with minimal delay—yet here we are.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who haven't gotten their Mach-E's yet to be grumpy in No-Mach-E

Old Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E EX, RW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The window sticker my salesperson sent me on 12.23 has disappeared when I log in. Does this mean something is happening. Good or bad?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who haven't gotten their Mach-E's yet to be grumpy in 1641838246449

NormaV

First Name
Norma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired RN
Country flag
Update (of sorts):

I spoke with my sales rep this morning from my car. He said that he'd received an email from the Regional Ford Rep., who said my Mach-E is being held due to a rear floor extrusion issue and that there is no scheduled release date from the rail yard distribution center.

When I got home, I sent him the following email:
----------
Dear Paul,

I just looked it up and found this concerning the seat belt anchor recall:

Rear floor assemblies were produced with tapping plates that may have oversized extruded bolt holes used to attach the rear seat belt buckles. Oversized extruded bolt holes may decrease the strength of the fastener joint causing inadequate attachment of the rear seat belt during loading. An inadequately attached rear seat belt could detach under loading and may not adequately restrain an occupant in a crash, increasing the risk of injury.
Owners will be notified via first-class mail after repair instructions and parts ordering information has been provided to dealers.

Also, from page 4 of the NHTSA bulletin:

The remedy component will have the correct bolt hole size by utilizing the Helicoil repair procedure.

Based on this information, I simply can’t understand why Ford Motor Company won’t release the car to you, so your service department can proceed with the recall work. After all, you can’t legally deliver the car to me before fixing it, so there’s no reasonable explanation for the delay.

Somewhere in the communication chain there’s a block that needs to be freed up!

Thanks,
Bob
----------
Hopefully my rep will now follow-up with Ford, now that he knows that the rear floor extrusion issue is actually the rear seat belt recall.

The fix is so simple, and fixed with minimal delay—yet here we are.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who haven't gotten their Mach-E's yet to be grumpy in 1641838246449
this is a saga that no one wants to be associated with. What a PIA. Sorry Bob.

On another note about my dead 12V battery...still waiting
And reading about that and the battery placement appears to be a design many say is ridiculous.

As always, I hope this vehicle is well worth waiting for.

NormaV

First Name
Norma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired RN
Country flag
The window sticker my salesperson sent me on 12.23 has disappeared when I log in. Does this mean something is happening. Good or bad?
That happened to me a long time ago. Don’t think it means anything. Hope you have a PDF or screen shot of your original window sticker