Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Took delivery of my GT last night. I have a few questions if anyone with knowledge can answer:

1). Has anyone heard a slight metallic "rattle" near the passenger seat dash area? Only on the roads that are not perfectly smooth and without the sound system on.

2). Charging with the included charger. I have it pluged into a 240v outlet. (number 6 wire and a 50amp breaker). According to Ford Pass, it is currently charging at 7kWh and I have added 18 miles in about 1 hour and 16 minutes. Does this seem accurate? Is there something I need to do to make sure its on the max setting (inside the car or on the charger/app)?

3). When you punch the gas pedal and take off ... does everyone giggle like a school girl?! :) Holy smokes!!

Thanks!
Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Took delivery of my GT last night. I have a few questions if anyone with knowledge can answer:

1). Has anyone heard a slight metallic "rattle" near the passenger seat dash area? Only on the roads that are not perfectly smooth and without the sound system on.

2). Charging with the included charger. I have it pluged into a 240v outlet. (number 6 wire and a 50amp breaker). According to Ford Pass, it is currently charging at 7kWh and I have added 18 miles in about 1 hour and 16 minutes. Does this seem accurate? Is there something I need to do to make sure its on the max setting (inside the car or on the charger/app)?

3). When you punch the gas pedal and take off ... does everyone giggle like a school girl?! :) Holy smokes!!

Thanks!
1. I have no rattle

2. You should talk percentage as everyone's mileage is different. The battery is 88 KWh so 7 KW/hr should be 8%/hour. Fords is a 32 amp charger. You can purchase a 40 amp that plugs into your receptacle with 50 amp breaker.

Mach-e4X charging efficency assumed 90% and EPA range 270 miles Chargers
15 amp 120V 1.8 KW (1.6 KW) 1.8%/hr 4.3 mph
32 amp 240V 7.7 KW (6.9 KW) 7.8%/hr 21.1 mph
40 amp 240V 9.6 KW (8.6 KW) 9.8%/hr 26.5 mph
48 amp 240V 11.5 KW (10.4 KW) 11.8%/hr 31.9 mph

3. For about a week then it is all business ;)

OP
OP
Mgmken

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
1. I have no rattle

2. You should talk percentage as everyone's mileage is different. The battery is 88 KWh so 7 KW/hr should be 8%/hour. Fords is a 32 amp charger. You can purchase a 40 amp that plugs into your receptacle with 50 amp breaker.

Mach-e4X charging efficency assumed 90% and EPA range 270 miles Chargers
15 amp 120V 1.8 KW (1.6 KW) 1.8%/hr 4.3 mph
32 amp 240V 7.7 KW (6.9 KW) 7.8%/hr 21.1 mph
40 amp 240V 9.6 KW (8.6 KW) 9.8%/hr 26.5 mph
48 amp 240V 11.5 KW (10.4 KW) 11.8%/hr 31.9 mph

3. For about a week then it is all business ;)

Thanks. One more question:

4. It says it is going to charge to 100%. I believe I have read that Ford wants us to charge to 80% on a daily use type of thing. How do I limit it to the 80%? (or is that not necessary).

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks. One more question:

4. It says it is going to charge to 100%. I believe I have read that Ford wants us to charge to 80% on a daily use type of thing. How do I limit it to the 80%? (or is that not necessary).
No sense jacking it to 100% on the battery when you do not need it (use only starting long trips). Manual say 90% I use 85% for everyday charging. You should not run 250 miles a day so 100% is not needed and is not good for battery longevity.

You control this with a charging schedule you set up for each charging locations (my only schedule is for home). You set the schedule up in the car (you can use phone but recommend doing it in the car first time). Settings charging on the sync screen add your home and set up a schedule there. The fordpass app give you a button to over ride your 80% and charge it to 100% if required.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Do not forget that 8% of that charge power is lost in inverter efficiency. So what is 7, is really 7x.92 Or 6.44 kWh To the battery. I have used it on a 30 amp breaker many times and it did not trip, and by kW calc, I think it really gives 28 true amps @240V or 6.72 Kw or 6.2 after efficiency loss. Some day I will measure it at the panel and report it.

OP
OP
Mgmken

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Another question:

are: Charging…why does my Ford pass say it’s aiming for 100% battery but will only have a range of 231 miles? (I thought the GT is 270 miles)??

physib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Another question:

are: Charging…why does my Ford pass say it’s aiming for 100% battery but will only have a range of 231 miles? (I thought the GT is 270 miles)??
The range is always an estimate based on your driving.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
As you put miles on the car, it will adjust it's estimate based on how you drive. I have the same estimated (AWD EX) range and at 100% my range has been as high as 306. Amd remember - it's an estimate.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Another question:

The mileage prediction is based on your driving habits. Especially when first delivered, the mileage is understated for most everyone. Seems Ford decided to undercommit and overdeliver. 231 is higher than my Premium ER showed for a full charge at first. As your drive the car and it learns how you drive, it will make a more accurate prediction. Within about 1500 miles, I was showing 280-300 on a full charge.

Long and short - your car is fine. Just drive and enjoy. The mileage prediction will come around.

Side note: environmental factors are huge. In cold weather, 231 is likely an overprediction. Just be mindful of that.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag

Did you have glasses in the sunglasses holder?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
OP
OP
Mgmken

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
It's cold and you stomp it all the time probably.
Ehh, nott all the time. A few times getting on the freeway, but I’m still under 40 miles total driving. The car was delivered well under 100% charge.
But that makes sense. I’ll see how it averages out over the next couple weeks.
Thanks

OP
OP
Mgmken

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Another question:

Ummm, might be related to your question #3! Others have called this the Guess-O-Meter or GOM. It seems to get more accurate the more you drive the car. I'd suggest give it a couple of weeks and see what it says and how accurate it is.
Sponsored