Took delivery last night, have a couple questions

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I’m so glad we have these forums! Picked up my Premium AWD extended the other day. First thing I noticed was it said 100% charged and estimating 240 miles. Over the last couple of days it has certainly seemed like the charge goes fast. I’m sure I’m driving it a bit hard since it’s a new thrill for me. However I really didn’t think I was that inefficient. At 49% charge it estimated about 90 miles. Seems low. I’m gathering from earlier responses that this is the normal evolution of battery calibration and I just need to give it some time to get to know me. Just tell me it’ll be ok or Im going to put gas in the frunk!!
It will adjust as time goes by. My last charge to 90% showed a range of 267 miles! We have had ours for 3 1/2 months and 3300 miles so far.
Sponsored

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
How about spurs?
I don't know.. you can slow down the car with this pedal as well. My knowledge in horsedriving is practically nonexistent.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I don't know.. you can slow down the car with this pedal as well. My knowledge in horsedriving is practically nonexistent.
Stirrups might be more accurate

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
The closest horse riding term I can think of is leg. A riding teacher might tell a student "give it more leg" to make the horse go faster. Removal of leg pressure makes the horse go slower. But calling the pedal OK the Mach-E a "leg pedal" would be confusing!

OP
OP
Mgmken

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Did you have glasses in the sunglasses holder?
No, maybe Ford puts some in there for me. :). Ill check, but no. And its really only on this one road going about 65 mph. Weird.

OP
OP
Mgmken

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I have always disliked red cars and immediately dismissed considering buying one. But every time I see a red Mach e, I think about it a little more…
I’ve never owned one either. But I’m pretty happy w it! Police seem to admire it a little more. :)

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
My daughter has a hunter/jumper Percheron...you "ride" a horse, you don't "drive" it. YOU are in control of your car...a horse is like a cat...it obeys you if it feels like it.

nicholaspe

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
It will adjust as time goes by. My last charge to 90% showed a range of 267 miles! We have had ours for 3 1/2 months and 3300 miles so far.
Thanks for the good news! I like the sound of that! Having a blast with the car so far. Going to put some different wheels on for fun. I know that will affect my range a little too.

OP
OP
Mgmken

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Thanks for the good news! I like the sound of that! Having a blast with the car so far. Going to put some different wheels on for fun. I know that will affect my range a little too.
Any ideas on what wheels you are thinking about?
Sponsored