TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I'm not a fan of glass roof either. However, I have glass roof on my C-Max, and it really hasn't been that bad in terms of heat. I think the windshield is a much bigger problem because it's huge and you can't tint it.
You can't "tint" it, but if I understand Federal law correctly, you can apply a UV film. It sounds like Federal law is that the front windshield must have a VLT (visible light transmittance) of 70%+. UV films are usually in the 80% range. If / When I finally receive my Mach E, I'm DEFINITELY getting side / rear window tint and I'm going to inquire and likely get windshield UV film. I've already researched shops and reviews in my area, and Texas law which seems to follow Federal law for windshields.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I am starting to think I should have waited for the GT. That is available without the glass roof......correct?

If the sun is already a problem and it is still wintertime then that doesnt bode well for us here in AZ. :oops:
Solid roof is supposed to be standard on the GT with glass roof as an add-on.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
It's interesting to hear that the music is killed completely when the navigation comes on. I rather like the approach in our Leaf, which turns the music down but doesn't kill it.
Can you turn the voice off and just get the screen prompts? You can do that in Waze.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
BTW . . . @trutolife27 . . . "gas pedal"? We need a new name.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
yeah but what else? it needs to be good.
I think the real name is Accelerator Pedal, but that's way too long to type. I'm fine sticking with "Gas Pedal". I kinda like keeping some of the legacy terminology alive.
Sponsored