BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
The dealer also said 3/4 of everyone test driving it has been tesla owners.
Wouldn't surprise me if the Tesla conquest is pretty high for the Mach-E. It's the first real viable alternative for a lot of people who aren't the diehard fans. Would be curious to see just how high.
Sponsored

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
That was an EA 150-350kW charger at the Corvette Museum. 41 minutes to go 14-75% SOC. I hope an OTA update can help make this a little faster.
Yep, it was not perfect but not bad. But I'm just given what we got. It did work right off the bat no problem though.

we did also have one time the screen lagged on the backup camera. But it fixed itself real quick.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
That was an EA 150-350kW charger at the Corvette Museum. 41 minutes to go 14-75% SOC. I hope an OTA update can help make this a little faster.
Looking at Bowling Green weather, high of 46F today, could certainly be a chilly battery slowing things down. But 14-75% in 41 minutes on an ER doesn't seem terrible.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
it was 38 degrees when we plugged in
Not bad at all. If I did the math right that's something like 85 kW average rate. Not bad at all given the lack (so far, someone on here said it's confirmed for an OTA) of battery warmup for fast charging. I'm pretty impressed.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for all this juicy info! #8 makes me really happy. I prefer to sit up in my ride. I know we've sat in the show cars but I can't wait to feel the fit while driving!
I was kinda like maybe I should try to sit lower lol. If you ever have driven a mustang you know the low feeling of driving. But overall it was a great height for the drive. You will be very pleased with it.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh, I almost forgot. We looked and looked tall and wide nowhere in sight was a problem outside.

Fit and finish. Awesome. Yeah, he said have to give ford credit. the lines are great compared to tesla. They win that one.

my nephew and his tesla.

When we stopped to use the restroom I asked him to pull up to the gas pump. He said hell no I'm not going to have my pic taken and become a meme on the internet lol.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tru's thoughts on the Mach-E from second driving experience 1612064167254

Last edited:

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Not bad at all. If I did the math right that's something like 85 kW average rate. Not bad at all given the lack (so far, someone on here said it's confirmed for an OTA) of battery warmup for fast charging. I'm pretty impressed.
Man, my math sucks. I came up with 76kW avg but your number might be more accurate. If Ford can bump the car's average speed a bit, that'd be really appreciated.

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Thanks for your review! I have one major issue with charging. Hope you’re already aware or that you can escalate it to the good peoples.

I’m located in Quebec and when the Model 3 came, winter charging was a major issue. Charging speed with a cold battery are terrible on most EV.

You may know that Tesla resolve the issue by pre-conditionning the battery when you set a supercharger as a destination in the GPS.

We need to be able to do the same with the Mach-E. First the battery temperature should be display all the time on the 10" screen. It’s crucial information for an EV.

Second, we need a way to heat the battery before level 3 charging, either by turning the heater manually or automatically when you set a charging station as a destination. It will greatly improve charging time and lower the charging cost at the same time. Don’t wait too much disappointed customers and make this ASAP in an OTA update.

Thanks!

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I was kinda like maybe I should try to sit lower lol. If you ever have driven a mustang you know the low feeling of driving. But overall it was a great height for the drive. You will be very pleased with it.
My only complain about the seats is that I would have like a tilt adjustment like my 2012 Mustang GT.

mmefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME ER/AWD
Country flag
18. My nephew again has a model 3 performance. Over and over he told me I just love the speed in my model 3 just I have to have that rush. Yes, he is 25 and younger not married so I get the point. I asked him honest answer what he thought. He said he would take the mache all day long over the model y not even close but not over his model 3.
Thank you for sharing your nephew's perspective. I've done extensive drives with a Model S Performance, Model 3 Performance, and Model Y Long Distance. I appreciate his comments comparing with Tesla.

0-60 matters to me. In my drives of the Teslas, I never got tired of the insane acceleration. I wouldn't use it often, but at least once a day I felt the urge to get my dopamine high.

The more I read this, the more I feel I should cancel my Premium ER/AWD and get the GT. I think I'll be happier in the long run with the ability to have that kind of acceleration.

In case I do switch up to the GT, does anyone know Ford's policy on transferring my order to someone else? I'd love to give to another MME enthusiast rather than just tell the dealer to sell it to the first customer that wants it.
Sponsored