kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I cancelled my Huskies and ordered these. I hope I didn't make a mistake. The Huskies were rubber and these are pvc. PVC sucjs when frozen but maybe with the insulation layer itll be ok. Any of you use these in below freezing temperatures?
Sponsored

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I cancelled my Huskies and ordered these. I hope I didn't make a mistake. The Huskies were rubber and these are pvc. PVC sucjs when frozen but maybe with the insulation layer itll be ok. Any of you use these in below freezing temperatures?
The Huskies are more of a plastic than a rubber. I haven’t had Tuxmats in the winter yet, but expect they’ll do fine.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Huskies are more of a plastic than a rubber. I haven’t had Tuxmats in the winter yet, but expect they’ll do fine.
They have two types the XContour (rubber) and the weatherbeater (pvc)

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They have two types the XContour (rubber) and the weatherbeater (pvc)
Ah, I guess I’ve only used the weatherbeater. I will say that the Tuxmat material is far more flexible than the Husky and Weathertech mats I’ve used in the past.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah, I guess I’ve only used the weatherbeater. I will say that the Tuxmat material is far more flexible than the Husky and Weathertech mats I’ve used in the past.
Thats good! I didn't want that this time around. There a pain to remove when they're full of sediment

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thats good! I didn't want that this time around. There a pain to remove when they're full of sediment
Well, I’m not sure the Tuxmats will be very easy to remove if the clips are used, but I guess we’ll find out!

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
I just bought the complete set including the rear cargo mat. Hopefully the better half likes these, but honestly anything will be better than the carpet mats.

Also we have the light space gray interior, and I think these will really pop and make the interior classier looking.

Thanks,

Ken~

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Well, I’m not sure the Tuxmats will be very easy to remove if the clips are used, but I guess we’ll find out!
Probably 5 or 6 Tuxmat cars now, I've had varying experiences. Some cars really needed the clips to get everything in the right place, and to hold the edges in place. At least one car, possibly the 2019 Ioniq electric, I did the clip that goes into the carpet in the middle of the driver's mat, but did not need a single clip along any of the edges.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'll let @generaltso pst them since they were his find ;)
Ha! I’ll post pics when mine arrive if nobody else has by then.

Probably 5 or 6 Tuxmat cars now, I've had varying experiences. Some cars really needed the clips to get everything in the right place, and to hold the edges in place. At least one car, possibly the 2019 Ioniq electric, I did the clip that goes into the carpet in the middle of the driver's mat, but did not need a single clip along any of the edges.
Same here. It really depends on the car. My wife’s RAV4 is totally fine without any clips. But my son’s Subaru Impreza needed a bunch of clips to keep the edges flush.
Sponsored